Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't believe new Bladestorm will still make enemies invulnerable

BPNPC

On Primetime, Becca just confirmed that after the rework, enemies will STILL be invulnerable when being attacked in Bladestorm.

I can't believe it. Enemy invulnerability is one of the most annoying aspects of Bladestorm, and it's probably the most complained-about feature of the skill for BOTH Ash players and non-Ash players. Nobody likes to watch an Ash spend 20s killing an Ancient Disruptor. It should've been top priority on the rework list. It never should've been a feature in the first place.

My hopes for the rework were low before, but right now it's about as high as the Mag rework.

With the animation kick off , couldn't a Ash plus Volt be a real annoyance?.

Doesn't that sound insanely trolly?. ?

Ashes are already anime superheroes now they will be like.....

giphy_40.gif

+100 to badass Ash prime low strength anime like ninja children trolly spam ???

Mind you i love the way it works currently they just needed to trade off the invincibility deal for something else.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

4 minutes ago, BPNPC said:

Nobody likes to watch an Ash spend 20s killing an Ancient Disruptor.

This is probably the single most annoying thing with Ash players. I can cleave an Ancient Disruptor in two instantly with my Galatine Prime. Watching a low power strength Ash futilely stab it with toothpicks forever is really, REALLY stupid. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Wait soooo you can just walk marking things and they cannot be hurt?.

Even if it's with the animation kick off , couldn't a Ash plus Volt be a real annoyance?.

Doesn't that sound insanely trolly?. ?

Nope. Marked enemies can be killed, but once the animation goes off and they are "being" killed, that cannot be interrupted.

Hopes & dreams instantly crushed.  This was the one thing I was hoping to see addressed as it's the most obtrusive thing about having an Ash in a squad.

On a positive note;  This means I don't have to reevaluate my dislike of Ash even a marginal amount.  So yay for stability?

Rework is just a nice buzzword for general nerf. Goodbye 70k focus sorties, back to pulling teeth to gain resources for another system that was dropped and forgotten about. Mag rework was another in a long line of nerfs, Volt rework was fail (4 is now just an aoe cc, yay rework). Ash shurikens totally forgotten about when reviewing skills.

Ash has problems and the rework displayed solves none. gg

Edited by Pyus

Logically the reason that isn't being fixed is because of the issues that causes with bladestorm. If they get killed by another player in the past you had the chance of getting stuck in bladestorm for the duration of the mission unable to do anything but run around in the air.

Have people forgotten this?

Yes it could be fixed in coding more than likely, but Ash's bladestorm has had a ton of bugs throughout the last 4 years so it's safer to keep it as it is.

19 minutes ago, Pyus said:

Rework is just a nice buzzword for general nerf. Goodbye 70k focus sorties, back to pulling teeth to gain resources for another system that was dropped and forgotten about. Mag rework was another in a long line of nerfs, Volt rework was fail (4 is now just an aoe cc, yay rework). Ash shurikens totally forgotten about when reviewing skills.

Ash has problems and the rework displayed solves none. gg

lol Not all the reworks are nerfs. Sure they weren't the best but DE isn't the best when it comes to Reworks. They made mag really op with her rework(Before the Buff to nulls) but she was just a two skill wonder girl. Volt's rework was actually one of the good ones but a lot of people don't realize it. as they just look at his 4 as CC. His 4 is actually pretty killer. Built right you can lock down a map and kill hordes of enemies even going up into the 100's. I play volt as my main and know this for a fact lol. So don't just put off every rework as a "nerf". If you think Volt was a nerf then man.....idk, because his skills were straight garbage before.

Edited by -CM-DarkSyndrome

I don't see any problem, you know, no Ash -- no problem.

Spoiler

After "rework" we will see no Ashes, and have no reason to actually use 4. Target every single enemy to kill em... It's not a ultimate, it is gun.

I hope we will have someday some real way to make frames cool, comfortable and not OP. I guess this day not a Day. Mag, Saryn, Ash, Trinity (even no more 1-2 combo). They not actually bad, but just not what i want.

Maybe we will have Limbo great again first time?

Having seen the new bladestorm.... all I can say is RIP ash... seriously and I'm not a big ash player.

My build and this is pretty low power really, I didn't forma due to the rework, can do 18 kills for 40 energy and I have around 500 energy so over 200 KILLS per full energy , this new build will cost me 15 per attack so my 500 energy gives me 33 ATTACKS which may not even dent the enemy... that is a HUGE difference let alone the required effort in targetting the enemies.... from the video it seems I might as well just go up and attack them with melee as there doesn't seem to be any damage buff to compensate. 

We're still stuck in the animation which can be annoying especially when an ally goes down and needs reviving. 

They say it's to make ash more interactive and in essence to let other players do something with ash around but imo other things need the same nerf if thats the case... If you get a mission with a mirage and simulor you might as well just twiddle your thumbs, I just did one where I couldn't even fire off bladestorm (I happened to be using ash prime for posterity) ....

Edited by LSG501

38 minutes ago, BPNPC said:

On Primetime, Becca just confirmed that after the rework, enemies will STILL be invulnerable when being attacked in Bladestorm.

I can't believe it. Enemy invulnerability is one of the most annoying aspects of Bladestorm, and it's probably the most complained-about feature of the skill for BOTH Ash players and non-Ash players. Nobody likes to watch an Ash spend 20s killing an Ancient Disruptor. It should've been top priority on the rework list. It never should've been a feature in the first place.

My hopes for the rework were low before, but right now it's about as high as the Mag rework.

THIS. THIS. THIS. It's Bladestorm's BIGGEST issue in my and many of my clanmate's opinions. I don't care if he's the meta-unfun-OP frame and people spam 4 every day as they are wont to do, so long as I can not be locked out of damaging something right in front of my face. 

56 minutes ago, BPNPC said:

enemies will STILL be invulnerable when being attacked in Bladestorm.

maybe for YOU, i was ALWAYS and I'm able to kill the enemies idk what's wrong with you guys, i did a lot of experiments and i was always able to kill the enemies -__-

there is difference between invulnerable enemies and you cant kill it because unranked weapons, wrong mods, ecc...

just try,  maybe is lag problem or idk

22 minutes ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

lol Not all the reworks are nerfs. Sure they weren't the best but DE isn't the best when it comes to Reworks. They made mag really op with her rework(Before the Buff to nulls) but she was just a two skill wonder girl. Volt's rework was actually one of the good ones but a lot of people don't realize it. as they just look at his 4 as CC. His 4 is actually pretty killer. Built right you can lock down a map and kill hordes of enemies even going up into the 100's. I play volt as my main and know this for a fact lol. So don't just put off every rework as a "nerf". If you think Volt was a nerf then man.....idk, because his skills were straight garbage before.

Max damage on discharge is 1300 damage, I have a buzlok that does more damage. I have no idea how you are killing swarms of high level mobs. I have tested the ablility extensively. Then main reasons to use him remain the speed buff and the shield. If a frame remains largely functioanlly he same post rework, using the same abilities he used before in the same manner, then what was the point of the rework. Discharge could have been awesome, it was limited by applying MAX health damage limits, where all other abilities are capped by the base damage multiplied by power strenght... having a health cap is very redundant.