The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does everyone hate the PvP alert

(PSN)poonugget99

Personally, I don't like that it's front and center when I tab through my missions. "I want to get to void fissures." R1, wait for PVP alert to load, R1, wait for next thing to load. It's already a pain that I can't hammer R1 to get to the tab I want, instead having to let the game load EVERY SINGLE OPTION, so putting the PvP alert front and center just means an extra R1 and an extra two seconds for something I have no desire to participate in.

12 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

because, to some people  its not enjoyable, regardless of how good or bad they are at it

Exactly...I don't play the PVP part of Warframe because I don't enjoy it. Hehe you never hear that the other way around in this game for a reason. 

I think it boils down to choices you offer to your players, no one likes to be forced doing something to get what they want, so why not just appease to both group of players. Make the event in both pvp and pve players, let those who just want to throw snowballs to NPC do that, and let those who want to play against human do that too, offer the same reward but only once.

You can´t impose your way of enjoying a game to others as everyone is different, so instead of wondering "snowball fight is fun why don´t my players like it" , you should think "I think it´s fun, but in case some players don´t, let´s give them another option"

Edited by Horaciozhao

Gonna put this out there, I love Conclave when I have enough time after the daily farms to partake in it and I think the Tac Alerts we've got going on right now are refreshing. Everyone has the same stats, same weapons. It's an equalized match with a nice wintery aesthetic.

From what I've seen in Region (and to a lesser extent, on this forum), a fair few players view the items as being locked behind a 'PvP wall'. And to be honest, I can completely understand where they're coming from with that - Warframe is predominantly a PvE cooperative game with the option of PvP, as it currently stands. Hell, PvE players definitely make up the bulk of the playerbase by a large margin (source: Try queuing up for Conclave vs. literally any other mission type/game mode and compare how quickly the lobbies fill up) and probably feel forced to play the gamemode they have zero interest in to obtain re-released seasonal items that they ARE interested in. Regardless of if wins are actually required or not, it's still going to cause irritation. Kinda like if you end up having to do your least-favourite PvE mission type for Sortie 3 because Rivens/LCore/etc. Please understand this.

On the other hand, Conclave has needed more love for a while and I think it's great that DE is trying to prod people who might not normally bother with or even notice the gamemode into giving it a try on a relatively level playing field. I'm not sure how it is on other platforms, but on PS4 it tends to take a long, long time to get enough players in lobby for a match, and I'm hoping the numbers increase even a little bit after these alerts. I also hope the people who dislike Conclave, regardless of their reasons, will understand this too.

14 hours ago, Suncake said:

Obviously, they are mad because they're bad at it. 

LMAO it's comments like this that are EXACTLY why many players don't even consider Warframes PvP. 

Because this tends to be the attitude of PvP players in most games. 

"Don't like my game mode personally? Oh that must be because you are bad at games..."

Have you ever considered that for most people it is simply a matter of preference? It is primarily a PvE game, and I have several friends who play (yes I know anecdotal evidence) who are big on PvP games usually, but don't play PvP in Warframe, because it's sort of a side thing in Warframe. They aren't playing Warframe for PvP, they are playing it for the PvE. 

You got chocolate in their peanut butter... that's why people are salty. PvE players in general like their peanut butter and confections separate. If they are going to play PvP, they prefer it in a dedicated game. 

And that's not even getting into the actual things that people specifically dislike about Warframes PvP. 

A lot of people are simply never going to give it a fair shot, because for reasons of immersion/lore/etc. in a PvE game, they don't want to do PvP. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

PVP requires you to play competitive and be competitive, this means learning meta, perfecting mouse sensitivity, controls, seating position, lowering graphics to get the highest/less spikey fps possible, pausing all network traffic to ensure nothing causes ping spikes, getting voice chat etc.

It requires you to sacrifice allot of the casual/careless pleasures. It's an entirely different pace to the game. Add in the toxic, trolly, players with unequal mentailitys and its a nightmare.

The success of Warframe has largely been because its been very casual friendly. Going down the PVP route will be a very painful one, especially for casuals. People want to pickup and play always have something different to do. You dont get that in PVP even games that are catered for PVP have a huge focus on meta that turns the game into a borefest very fast.

The matches are longer then they should be. There is no real reason to force everyone to complete three matches for each single reward. Conclave without powers is not very interesting. Ping changes drastically every time you play. Long host migrations can be annoying. Unpopular game mode often means uneven odds. Not everyone is above using exploits.

Several of the problems I mentioned above are also present in PvE. However, since PvE doesn't encourage competition the issues don't harm the overall experience as much.

28 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

The matches are longer then they should be. There is no real reason to force everyone to complete three matches for each single reward. Conclave without powers is not very interesting. Ping changes drastically every time you play. Long host migrations can be annoying. Unpopular game mode often means uneven odds. Not everyone is above using exploits.

Several of the problems I mentioned above are also present in PvE. However, since PvE doesn't encourage competition the issues don't harm the overall experience as much.

Doing a 10 minute match, 3 times isn't so much fun as it is tedious.

Not only that, so far...every...single...match...I have been dropped into a game that is already in progress...on the losing team...with the other team at least 10 points ahead but usually more. Every one of them. In one game, I was thrown on the losing team and they were losing horrendously with less than a minute left in the game...and when the match ended I didn't even get credit for it. Thanks matchmaking! Way to waste my time for no reason whatsoever. If someone could tell me how that's fun, I would greatly appreciate it.

So let me get this straight; every time a nerf comes up everyone goes off about being a space ninja and running on walls and other stuff, but when it comes to pvp and doing the same thing the skill ceiling is too high? What do you people do all day? Is it really just Mirmulator? Please don't tell me you only play the game to spam balls mindlessly and suck all day with your sentinel.

The only valid complaints here are the matchmaking throwing you into a losing game 80% of the time or the host advantage.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

So let me get this straight; every time a nerf comes up everyone goes off about being a space ninja and running on walls and other stuff, but when it comes to pvp and doing the same thing the skill ceiling is too high? What do you people do all day? Is it really just Mirmulator? Please don't tell me you only play the game to spam balls mindlessly and suck all day with your sentinel.

Woha woha woha there..

Whoever complains about nerfs aren't automatically the same people who complain about this event. This has nothing to do with nerfs even. It's a core problem about WHY people play this game.

And people have every right to complain about this event. If they didn't, it would create a dangerous precedent of DE doing this again but instead of sigils and skins it could be a new unique weapon (or event pve mods). MR locked behind pvp activity. That would steer the game in a VERY VERY wrong direction.

Did you actually read the MANY topics about this event spread all over the forum?  Many good points have been brought up.

I have been re-linking my posts within each other so much by now, I could write an essay about this. :nerd:

15 minutes ago, MystMan said:

And people have every right to complain about this event. If they didn't, it would create a dangerous precedent of DE doing this again but instead of sigils and skins it could be a new unique weapon (or event pve mods). MR locked behind pvp activity. That would steer the game in a VERY VERY wrong direction.

Did you actually read the MANY topics about this event spread all over the forum?  Many good points have been brought up.

Dangerous? They already have several skins, sigils, even entire armor sets and a syndana locked behind pvp content. This is a drop in the bucket and with recycled content to boot. It was also very low risk mode going into it for items you'd probably never touch again. There was nothing to lose except time. The content was incredibly exploitable as well. Just spin2win if you really wanted it. This wasn't a major update to the game. If the next devstream came up as the year of pvp then you can start sweating.

Yah I went through the topics. It's the same regurgitated responses every time. It's almost a meme at this point. Only the medical related responses held any real weight. And most of the complaints could be applied to pve. Melee is mash buttons. Spamulor is still a thing. Host leaving messes up the game, resets all your passives, and gets you killed. Doing LoR without knowing what to do will apply toxin damage to you irl. I wonder what people will do when Solar Rails return and haphazardly realize they again can't be the best at everything.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Dangerous? They already have several skins, sigils, even entire armor sets and a syndana locked behind pvp content.

Those are not pve content. And those conclave skins are just that: conclave skins.  You see somebody with them, they earned them by playing conclave. It is a badge for them. In general people don't have a problem with them being behind a PVP activity. There is a clear line that separates pve and pvp content at this point.

The rewards of this event are NOT conclave skins at all. They were available 2 years ago as PVE reward. Why put them behind conclave activity this time? 

It was also very low risk mode going into it for items you'd probably never touch again

Would you still say that if the rewards were significant?  If nobody complained at all now, then what's to stop them from doing it again with high value unique pve rewards in the future?
And just because something seems insignificant to you doesn't mean it is like that for everybody else. Limited edition content will always have a high value for many. Especially in loot-based games. A big mistake that was also made and never mentioned is that this event would add 4 points to our Stratos Emblem. Absolutely nowhere was this shown.

It's not about getting through this event as quickly as possible by mashing keys. It's about having to go through it in the first place.
People play games to have fun. Go through a total of 120 minutes of conclave against your every fiber isn't fun.  Obviously Warframe being a PVE game will have most of its user not enjoying this event. If your reply to this is "don't do it if you don't like it", then you might as well finish that sentence with "because this holiday event isn't meant for the majority of the playerbase". It is a very safe bet to say that the majority of Warframe players did not like this event.

And if Solar Rails return, if they can manage to keep its conclave content separate from the pve content, there won't be a problem.

Edited by MystMan

17 hours ago, (PS4)poonugget99 said:

Seriously why? I'm not a PvP player, but it's enjoyable, I mean c'mon you're throwing snowballs at each other it's cute! 

Yes I get that it's in a way "forcing" you to do PvP but it's not really PvP and if you don't like it, don't do it!!! 

Fwip, fwip, fwip, fwip...Fwip, fwip, fwip, fwip...fswoosh....Fwip, fwip, fwip, fwip...fswoosh....Fwip, fwip, fwip, fwip...fswoosh....

10 min later...

Fwip, fwip, fwip, fwip...fswoosh....

Fwip...fswoosh....wip, fwip, fwip, fwip...fswoosh....

Inherent host mod *Primed Sonaptic Link*:

+1 sec attack speed

+5 kills 

30 min later:

Fin:  (Yay!  Orocat for PvE!!!!)

I do appreciate the gifts, but it's a 2 trick mode with connectivity bias.

For someone as competitive as me (I've played cs:go, lol, dota & other competitive games for years)...

Warframe is a place where i can relax and just enjoy the game, without any need to worry, bout some other #$%#$%# ruining the game for me.

As it usualy happens in an online battle arena, like the conclave mode is....

The idea, that i'll have to count on other people to do well disgusts me, since i know, in case they $#$#$@#$ everything up i will get frustrated, become toxic, and i'll have some hard time tryin to convince myself not to type anything negative in chat...

I mean i wouldnt mind pvp that much, if it would've been an 1v1 arena or something like that....

But since it's mostly based on teamplay & stuff, i much rather just stay away from the PVP environment in warframe.

I'm sure there are a lot of other reasons, why people stay away/hate it....

Just tellin u my point of view, and why i PERSONALY dislike pvp in warframe.

Edited by YoloSwaggy

18 hours ago, (PS4)poonugget99 said:

Seriously why? I'm not a PvP player, but it's enjoyable, I mean c'mon you're throwing snowballs at each other it's cute! 

Yes I get that it's in a way "forcing" you to do PvP but it's not really PvP and if you don't like it, don't do it!!! 

Last night I spent 2 games in a 1v1 because no 1 else joined. It amounted to 20 minutes running around look for the other person... in the end I just set a movement macro and watched youtube because it was so boring.

Edited by Carnage2K4

Absolutely. In this case, as many here have said, mad because bad.

In general, Forum Tenno usually need to be taken with a grain of salt, as you will find threads (mostly in GD and Feedback) *@##$ing and moaning about absolutely anything and everything. I once saw a thread complaining about a double credit weekend. Yeah, a player was literally complaining about free money.

For me, and alot of xbox players, because it doesn't bloody work half the time and just chucks you in a lobby alone!