The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.8.0

[DE]Megan

.The Credit Boost function for the Secura Lecta has changed. Before, you could get on average 11.6x Credits from kills. This chance has changed and now scales with Mastery Rank. At Mastery Rank 8, you'll get on average 2x Credits from kills. This increase continues with your Mastery Rank. At Mastery Rank 18 you'll get on average 4x Credits from kills (capped). No other changes were made regarding synergies (i.e Chroma's Effigy, etc) - only the weapon's Credit boosting functionality has been touched.

the fountain of golden credit is closed.

this maybe not a bad thing.

59897308.jpg

10 minutes ago, samuel3417 said:

As we grow up in life, we all learn that not everything is with you forever, though our internal wishes are that the things we love, the things that made our life better, the things that made a significant impact, will never go away, but death is a very important of life. Is that duality that creates balance and validates existence. As the light at the end of the tunnel tells you, nothing stays, everything is temporary, your pain and suffering will come to pass. With this, we bury a friend. I remember the times where I got so much, and she never asked for anything in return. I fell deeply in love. Good bye my dear, sleep well and have fun with all those other things that were sent to heaven before you. Rip Secura Lecta. You gave us all so much, and never asked for anything in return. I will miss you. 

Pure gold

Thanks anon. Goodbye Lecta, we will never forget!

19 minutes ago, sinisteran said:

I find 60 percent nerf kinda ridiculous. I think 40- 45 percent would be fine tho. although to be fair at mr21 i dont even need to farm credits at all.

a percentage argument isn't valid. IF they released it at 4X then you'd support a 40% nerf?

balance isn't balanced against what it was but what it should be, even if that is a 60% nerf. Smeeta resource boost was nerfed 75%, it's not unprecedented if something is way out of balance.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Health Bar Changes
When an enemy or ally becomes invulnerable, their Health bar will now turn grey and an icon will appear over their Health bar denoting invulnerability. 

As an example, take a look at how the Jackal looks now when he's invulnerable:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C23_RC4WIAAYL3F.jpg:large 

How will new players know this? Its yet another example on the list of things that is never explained to new players.

10 minutes ago, pfoo said:

DE message is now pretty clear : "please, buy credit booster"

or just be patient, if you play long enough and never farm credits and never buy a booster you will still end up with millions of credits sitting there.  IF you want to get the game content over say a year of playing and not 3 months. If you try to build everything in 3 months then yes, you will have credit problems.

5 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

a percentage argument isn't valid. IF they released it at 4X then you'd support a 40% nerf?

balance isn't balanced against what it was but what it should be, even if that is a 60% nerf. Smeeta resource boost was nerfed 75%, it's not unprecedented if something is way out of balance.

I am talking in this instance as the numbers where given. I think it is unfair of you to state what you did as I did not use any form of comparison in my comment. You shouldn't also say If it was 4X as it is not and you cannot predict my opinion if it was so.  I merely find it quite harsh for this specific weapons nerf or alterations in this specific scenario. 

Edited by sinisteran

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

So, how bad is the Lecta nerf?  If it still forces credit drops where there would've been none, even at 4x it's still a huge improvement over any other method of killing, in terms of credits, right?

35к for 4-6 min Defence (Lower with AoE damage warframe) is better now. For 8-12 rank of course

Love the focus on fixes, and the removal of the 2k endo sortie reward.

Not thrilled about the Secura Lecta nerf since I'm now getting 28% of the credits I used to get, which means more time spent farming credits for mod upgrades.

Bugs that I reported months ago and still no change:

• Overlay map resets to top-left after each 5 waves, interception round, death in arena, etc
  • Overlay map size is unlimited and obscures the crosshairs sometimes - it needs to have a max size.
  • Overlay map doesn't show objectives if they are too far away, unlike the mini map which puts them at the edge of the map
  • Host migration resets focus ability, meaning you need to wait for the cooldown timer again
  • Host migration sometimes causes defense mission pathing to fail, with enemies staying at their spawn location until the pod moves (noticed on Seimini and Helene)

The ODD mutagen sample drop rate is fine, but the Hema research costs are unreasonable for some clan sizes. I'm in a mountain clan, so 150k mutagen samples needed, but it's mostly inactive and averages 1-3 people online at a time. The most I've seen is 8 - so 150k just isn't happening. I'll be leaving that clan, obviously.

15 minutes ago, ARHYST said:

I am very thankful for that! DE made very fair move by not changing costs for hema. 

Could you please explain how not changing costs for hema is very fair move?

Well, let me translate my question: in what perverted universe not correcting own mistake could be "very fair move"?

I agreed that Secura Lecta needed a change of passive since it didn't help in combat like the other really interesting syndicate melees do.

But, nerfing its passive instead of changing it for a more interesting one it's just dissapointing.

Liked a lot quality of life improvements of this update tho, thanks a lot for them!

4 minutes ago, Phatose said:

So, how bad is the Lecta nerf?  If it still forces credit drops where there would've been none, even at 4x it's still a huge improvement over any other method of killing, in terms of credits, right?

I ran a lot of tests before the nerf and found that I got ~8 credits per kill without Lecta, ~125 with Lecta, ~200 with Lecta and effigy (outside pickup range sometimes?). After the nerf, at MR 19, I see ~40 credits per kill average so far w/ Lecta. It's still worth using, but it's a pretty big nerf.