Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enough Conclave events please...

wachtung

I get that some people enjoy this, honestly I've been having -somewhat- fun with Quick Steel too, but do there really have to be so many of them? To me Warframe has always been a PvE/COOP game, rather than PvP game, and in my opinon it would've been better to add in some PvE mini events instead of having like three Conclave ones in a row.

Personally, I would welcome Stratos emblem event, I am not sure if I just missed all of them but I haven't seen any in quite a long time.

Also, 12 games? That'd been alright if one game was roughly 5 minutes or less, but now that each is about tedious 8 minutes or so, unless you are lucky/good enough to be in top three, you are going to waste a looot of time.

To sum it up, PvE events>Conclave events, please.

It's only 4-12 games. so much better than the gradivus dilemma (I think I ended up playing 150 invasions in the span of 3-4 days?). If you're not into it, don't do it. It's just potatoes for now anyway, so you aren't losing anything from it. There's been quite a few exclusive PVE rewards that I've chosen not to get just because the event was annoying. It's really not a huge deal. :p

27 minutes ago, wachtung said:

I get that some people enjoy this, honestly I've been having -somewhat- fun with Quick Steel too, but do there really have to be so many of them? To me Warframe has always been a PvE/COOP game, rather than PvP game, and in my opinon it would've been better to add in some PvE mini events instead of having like three Conclave ones in a row.

Personally, I would welcome Stratos emblem event, I am not sure if I just missed all of them but I haven't seen any in quite a long time.

Also, 12 games? That'd been alright if one game was roughly 5 minutes or less, but now that each is about tedious 8 minutes or so, unless you are lucky/good enough to be in top three, you are going to waste a looot of time.

To sum it up, PvE events>Conclave events, please.

8 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

The problem is not the event - its the waste of develpoment ressources which could be used for high priority stuff.

Agree with both of these.  Warframe is a PVE game at its core, having PvP events(mini event) is pretty much spitting in the face of the majority of the player base.  What is worse is that the PvP in warframe is pretty bad as well.  Considering the issues DE had last year with getting content out on time (or at all), the last thing they should be worrying about is PvP.  For example we haven't had a proper event in about a year now, that alone is massively disappointing. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

5 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

If I got a dime for every single one of these threads. (that's coming from who such at PvP)

Don't worry most of the recent threads/comments complaining about it, some of which have very valid reasons why there are complaints, seem to be magically disappearing...

Edited by LSG501

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Don't worry most of the recent threads complaining about it, some of which have very valid reasons why there are complaints, seem to be magically disappearing...

Ya but then they just rise again and again. Honestly the only problems I had with the last two events were:

Snowday Showdown - Not being able to go full melee with the Candy Cane schyte sence my aim is terrible.

Quick Steel - Now I get they wanted to simplify the combat, but a constant stunlock of knockdowns is just wrong!

2 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

You know, you can just... DON'T DO IT!

That's still a problem.

I have no interest in PvP events (in warframe anyway, I love PvP normally), so I'm not going to do it.

But I want to play Warframe, I want to take part in its events. This game was built as a coop/PvE experience , I play it for its coop/PvE experience as do I assume most other people, consistent development of PvP events is not going to get me interested.

So I agree with OP, PvE events > PvP events.

2 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

The problem is not the event - its the waste of develpoment ressources which could be used for high priority stuff.

Unfortunately, game development doesn't work like that.  just throwing bodies at development doesnt always make things go faster. If they weren't doing PvP, it doesn't mean we would get other PvE elements any faster. There is a specific pipeline for content creation. 

If the conclave event matches were limited to 5 minutes I would never get to the 2nd or 3rd place in time in most of  the matches.

I'm a complete noob in PvP, but in most of the matches I am able to get on the 3rd place - so it isn't that tough. And I'm pretty slow - Rhino.

The simulation-room-map (I don't know the name) is the only thing that annoys me in PvP. 

So, like in the Dark Souls community the friendly advice for that event: get gud

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke said:

There are PvE events all the damn time.  A PvP event comes about once every few months, and the community *@##$es about it.  Don't play it if you don't like it.  End of discussion.  Plenty of players still choose to take part in it, so DE continues to introduce new events.  

Have you considered that maybe some of us would play PvP if it worked properly and the complaints are coming because of the issues that conclave has.... it's nowhere near a balanced and synchronised PvP experience like you'd get in Unreal Tournament for example. 

Edited by LSG501

Totally agree with this. As someone who both hates PVP and sucks at it, I really don't want to play it. But when a bunch of exclusive rewards are being swung in front of your face as if to taunt you, I can't help but feel forced into it. The excuse 'if you don't like it, don't play it' doesn't hold here because of this. To add to that, because of the reason that I suck at PvP, I can (almost) never attain top 3 status, and will thus have to settle with 1 point per game. So, to sum that up: 1 point per game, with an estimated 36 games needing to be played (9+12+15) to complete the event fully, with each game being around 8 minutes... Well, that equals about +/-288 minutes in total, or about 4 hours and 48 minutes.

So those of us that dislike conclave could either choose to throw our enjoyment and time out the window and spend that much time on slogging through the frustrating and imbalanced bullet-jump-mania that is conclave, or miss out on exclusive rewards and be taunted by them for ages to come... Sounds like kind of a harsh deal doesn't it?

... Then again, we could always just 'suck it up and git gud' I guess, since that's always an amazing answer. /s

PS: Holy Teshin is that Nikana slam attack in quick steel imbalanced as hell.

Edited by Zerathos_Dagon

8 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Have you considered that maybe some of us would play PvP if it worked properly and the complaints are coming because of the issues that conclave has.... it's nowhere near a balanced and synchronised PvP experience like you'd get in Unreal Tournament for example. 

The events typically force you to use one load out, how is that unbalanced?  Have you tried to just have fun with friends during the events?  It sounds like you're too caught up on winning to enjoy the game.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke said:

The events typically force you to use one load out, how is that unbalanced?  Have you tried to just have fun with friends during the events?  It sounds like you're too caught up on winning to enjoy the game.

Balanced as in being stuck in groups with one of the few people who live in conclave when you hardly go there, it's pretty obvious the outcome of those matches, a balanced one would be based on a players time in conclave, with an adjust allowance for MR rank obviously as it would have an impact. 

As I've said elsewhere it isn't about winning or losing, the issues that I'm seeing (and others are similar based on other comments on here) are making it an incredibly frustrating experience and it's making it so it is not fun.  I don't mind PvP gametypes when it works properly (unreal tournament for example) but conclave is anything but a good example of how PvP should work. 

51 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Balanced as in being stuck in groups with one of the few people who live in conclave when you hardly go there, it's pretty obvious the outcome of those matches, a balanced one would be based on a players time in conclave, with an adjust allowance for MR rank obviously as it would have an impact. 

As I've said elsewhere it isn't about winning or losing, the issues that I'm seeing (and others are similar based on other comments on here) are making it an incredibly frustrating experience and it's making it so it is not fun.  I don't mind PvP gametypes when it works properly (unreal tournament for example) but conclave is anything but a good example of how PvP should work. 

Then go play unreal tournament.  This is the second time you've mentioned it.  At the end of the day, you aren't forced to participate in the PvP events, and there is a portion of the community that enjoys them.  Saying "don't have any more PvP events", because you don't enjoy them, is childish.  

DE is attempting to build interest in PvP, so that more people will play it, and then they can receive more feedback about it.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke said:

Then go play unreal tournament.  This is the second time you've mentioned it.  At the end of the day, you aren't forced to participate in the PvP events, and there is a portion of the community that enjoys them.  Saying "don't have any more PvP events", because you don't enjoy them, is childish.  

DE is attempting to build interest in PvP, so that more people will play it, and then they can receive more feedback about it.

A very small proportion enjoys them yes, and I never said don't have any more PvP events.  Now I don't personally feel we need PvP events, especially those with limited edition items, considering the low proportion of players that play it but thats a different viewpoint to the one that you're suggesting I have....

I've also said they need to sort the problems out if they want people to play PvP more, trying to 'encourage' us to play it in it's current state isn't going to make more people want to play it, you can tell that by just looking at the threads in the forum since the event started, people who don't do conclave are clearly not enjoying it in it's current version.  Also how can DE get decent feedback from the people they want to play it when people who are pro PvP try to shoot down anybody who actually has issues with it....

The reason I've mentioned Unreal Tournament is simple, it's well known brand, it actually is a dedicated PvP game (also includes bots if you want to do solo games) rather than a PvE game with it bolted on the side, it doesn't have balance issues and it works properly.  Basically DE should be looking towards games like this to see how to make conclave work better before even considering doing events like the one we've got at the moment.