Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait, so Excalibur Prime (lorewise) was the first ever Warframe?

(PSN)LeBlingKing

3 minutes ago, DarthBane1 said:

Excalibur prime wasn't the first tenno but possibly the first frame. 

The first tenno was Hayden Tenno

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Sector

There's only nods to the game they had worked on, the original concept for that game became the premise for what we have now.

So, it's quite different. Hayden is just a reference to that title as its owned by the publisher.

7 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

nope, primes were made later- they were not the original.  only made with orokin parts.  Nowhere is it even explicitly stated the orokin designed the primes.

It's pretty clear from the prime frame teasers they've been doing (since Saryn Prime) that the Orokin designed them. The narration in the Vauban Prime trailer in particular makes it sound like Ballas is pitching the idea to the Orokin council.

7 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

nope, primes were made later- they were not the original.  only made with orokin parts.  Nowhere is it even explicitly stated the orokin designed the primes.

Ugh, turns out you're right. There are pages in the Warframe website which I recall having that information, but it seems like they were changed. And if they were changed... what counts is what's there now, not what used to be there.

7 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

It's pretty clear from the prime frame teasers they've been doing (since Saryn Prime) that the Orokin designed them. The narration in the Vauban Prime trailer in particular makes it sound like Ballas is pitching the idea to the Orokin council.

^ The Primes are the original ones. They have better stats because they use the original, more advanced, orokin tech

Edited by Drufo

12 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

Saryn Prime's trailer proves otherwise.

"conceived by me" and "I will call her Saryn." Balas designed the idea for Saryn. She is presented in this light as a prime, not as a mass produced version. Being as they are Orokin designed, they would naturally use Orokin parts in their construction and maintain their thematic appearance.

27 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

So Orokin didn't design Primes, but Primes are made with Orokin parts?

Edited by MrDar1o

guys, it's not difficult to understand. Primes were made during the Old War, back when Orokin technology dominated the system. the vanilla non-primed frames are cheapened mass produced versions that are less about fanciness and more about function. essentially like taking a nice engraved wheel-lock Pistol, and thinking "how can I make this cheaper and easier to make in greater numbers without making it less lethal? oh I know, I'll make a version that doesn't have the fancy engraving that takes all that time and effort to produce!"

Excalibur Prime was the very first Warframe, Excalibur (the vanilla version) was likely the first to be tried with the cheaper production methods.

Lore is so confusing in Warframe. For all we know there was only one of each Prime warframe, because they only needed one.

If Mag Primes user lost her warframe in Tau,  they made a new one for her.

But the Tenno grew into Clans and Schools, and made their own warframes, weapons and gear.

And lets keep in mind the Umbra warframes are supposed to be twisted versions of the Primes. So if Primes was first I think Umbras followed. Then the many variants that followed.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

The way the lore is written that isn't necessarily true.
Excalibur was the first Warframe made by the Orokin. Though in the stories of Titania shows that Humans were capable of building warframes also. 

Which means there is a possibility of other Mobile Frames that pre-dated the orokin. After all - something had to inspire them to make warframes to fight the sentients. Stalker is likely one of those early models - whose operator is stuck in permanent transference - same way Silvana is now stuck in permanent transference in the silver grove. Silvana said she was feeling taint as she experimented with those abilities. Which could lead to the possibility Stalkers mind got corrupted over time due to his state. 

With that said if Primes were the Original Orokin Models - Could Umbra be even a more -pre orokin version of that?

Edited by xxswatelitexx