Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons That Riven Mods Saved from the Grave

Urska

I like the one for my Supra, my Pyrana, my Synapse and my Gorgon, though the Prisma Gorgon and Synapse don't really have the necessary status chance to work against high level armored enemies.

The one for my Ogris is nice, but in the end, it's still not all that useful in comparison to Simulor or Tonkor.

My favourite one so far is the Tetra riven. Most of the other Rivens never really piqued my interest ever with some rerolling. The only other one I really liked was the Burst Laster Riven. The Tetra Riven gave my Prisma Tetra 94 rounds, 26% or so final crit, and I think it was a little over 100% multishot. Makes it a nice weapon to unload on a hall of enemies and see the lasers just fly. Especially so if I put on the kinetic ricochet mod. I ended up putting a potato and six forma into it. Although it can use one more, I'll hold off on that until I know what I want to do with the weapon.

However, even with six forma and a potato, it's better than a Soma without any potato nor forma, but only by a little. It seems that if I put a potato into the Soma I leveled, it will out class the Tetra.

Regardless, I still had so much fun with the Tetra.

for me, the Ogris was the most redeemed. it's nerfing from eons ago and the more recent introduction of the Zarr spelled it's end, but with 7 Forma and a decent Riven, it's now pretty powerful, and Nightwatch Napalm is a nice bit of area denial if nobody has the Zenistar on hand.

I was also pretty happy with my Supra Riven, Dakka is good, but laser Dakka is better! I love LMGs, and laser guns, so a laser LMG is like the dream weapon!

Hey, you know what truly save weapons? Buffs! Like the Sicarus Prime.

Alright now that that's out of the way, Synapse & Supra gets more use after I got a decent mod. Flux Rifle is still terrible, so much that I wrote an entire thread about how terrible it is after 270% damage. There are things that are mechanically inferior (*cough*BEAMWEAPONS*cough*) that are simply beyond saving, no matter how many damage you put in it.

i have Rivens for some Weapons that didn't need saving, but here's ones i have for Weapons that did need something to make them more unique or to make them competitive.
not that these Mods really solve issues with Weapons that lack purpose or reasonable competitiveness.

XseOK1j.png
Wi7HL2c.png
eD1gkW0.png

as i've said in the past, for Hind/Lato ones, wish the Slash Bonuses were Crit Chance instead, would be more useful.
and wish the Faction Bonus for Buzlok was Crit Chance.

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, TotallyLagging said:

Hey, you know what truly save weapons? Buffs! Like the Sicarus Prime.

Alright now that that's out of the way, Synapse & Supra gets more use after I got a decent mod. Flux Rifle is still terrible, so much that I wrote an entire thread about how terrible it is after 270% damage. There are things that are mechanically inferior (*cough*BEAMWEAPONS*cough*) that are simply beyond saving, no matter how many damage you put in it.

The problem with beam weapons is that they changed them to work on one second ticks.... So they can't keep up in the damage department anymore.

Every weapon in the game is already viable at level 40 without a riven, and I haven't yet gotten a riven that enables a gun that taps out at 40 to suddenly fight level 100. :-/

37 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

Flux Rifle is still terrible, so much that I wrote an entire thread about how terrible it is

34 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

The problem with beam weapons is that they changed them to work on one second ticks.... So they can't keep up in the damage department anymore.

No, flux rifle in particular is terrible.

• Flux Rifle does 225 DPS at a cost of 10 ammo per second, and is slash-heavy beam weapon in a game where status beams are crapular for "stacking" status because they apply status per second... guns can status on each of 10 or 20 or 30 bullets a second. I.e. the only status effects that matter for beams are ones that don't stack i.e. not slash.
  • Ignis does 270 DPS at a cost of 10 ammo per second, and it hits everybody in the room simultaneously.
  • Quanta does 220 DPS at a cost of 1 ammo per second, which means you can add rate of fire mods "for free" and not even scratch your ammo economy.  It also has significantly better range and a highly effective grenade launcher mode.

Edited by Momaw

I got an amazing Dual cestra riven with recoil reduction, reload speed, damage and negative status duration. The Secura dual cestra feel so good to use now and they can easily shred enemies in Kuva floods and Sortie 3 with no problem at all. It might be my new favourite secondary thanks to the riven mod.

23 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Indeed. This video sums it up the best. For the people that wants to know but doesn't want to watch a video :

"Despite you using more ammo, it won't increase the damage with higher fire rate, yet the status chance will increase since you're using more ammo. Then there is the fact that multishot used to increase status as well which made sense, since you are doubling the ticks but they changed that as well, so multishot is no different than straight up damage. 

it's a reason why i am avoiding rivens for continuous weapons because while i would love high status it's not reliable enough to go for, so i would be forced to go with +damage only, and usually the weapon has low status so in the end while it will be better, it won't proc enough to be able to remove armor."

Making beams tick more would remedy this... Somewhat. I still can't see them competing with conventional hitscan status weapons like the Grakata, Acrid or Tysis unless they make them proc as much as those weapons. 

Oh and we're still talking about Flux Rifle, which at least has some base damage even if it's extremely low by today's standard! Look at Glaxion. You add these shoddy mechanics on a little ice beam with ridiculous ammo consumption and practically no damage and the result is cold garbage. Yeah cool you can freeze people for like 10 seconds. You know what's better? When they're friggin' dead.

Apologies to the OP for the rant, I'm just extremely irked whenever snipers or beam weapons get mentioned. You lads can continue posting Rivens.

I got riven mods for weapons i was not using at all.

Synapse (+toxin, +crit. multiplier, +damage)

Miter (+multishot, + status chance, +slash damage, -total ammo

No i use them as main on some of my builds.

Then there were weapons i was already using but that got a huuuuge buff.

Sobek (+multishot, +impact damage, +5,8 punchtrough !!)

Soma (+crit chance, +crit multiplier, +damage, -impact dmg GODlike!)

Vulklok (sentinel) redcrit all the time

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Opticor

It was good without one, Rivens for Opticor make it a top tier weapon. At least mine allows me to oneshot almost everything in sorties, even in 3rd stage. I have +115% electirc damage and +150% puncture.

Definitely my Opticor. Used to be my favorite weapon but I had stopped using it because of its lack of power against high level stuff. Now with a Riven (I've got damage/multishot/heat) I can bring it to sorties and wreck anything in sight. The big as* laser finally feels like one!

Edited by JohnViande