Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #89 Overview

AM-Bunny

devstream89banner.png

Operation Pacificism Defect Updates
• The devs admit that they missed the mark with their Clan participation threshholds -- see updated numbers HERE
• The devs want to make this content able to be accomplished with solo Clans, though more difficult
• Infested will be dropping Mutagen Samples in the Event as a nod towards Hema concerns
• Hopefully there will be more Clan based activities in the future
• Console players will receive the updated scoring threshholds from the beginning once the Operation launches

New Equinox Helmet
• New Equinox Helmet coming, sculpted by Ray
• Angel/Demon themed

d2a1a90b9f2c68104d20ee74ec1a1f6e.png

New Clan UI
• There will be a screen that shows everything your Clan has and has yet to complete
• This will show the new Clan Affinity awarded -- already completed tasks will award Affinity retroactively
• Clan Affinity will allow you rank up your Clan -- higher rank will give bonuses such as being able to Revive Clanmates more quickly
• Not all benefits will be based on teammwork, so solo Clans will be able to benefit from this system as well -- a bonus such as reduced crafting time

0359c04f1c954e74c7faf860f12a1baf.png

Bard-frame
• Bard-frame's alt helmet shown HERE (Pied Piper inspired) 
• Sound-packs will be themed (Tenno, Corpus, Grineer)
• Rebecca demos her (metal) Bard music HERE
• It was alluded to that Bard-frame will be released with two accompanying guns
• Bard-frame's Pied Piper power now spawns a friendly Roller that seems to make her music source mobile
• Bard-frame is close to complete, but her acquisition Quest still has some work to go

af72c096c598082a122ae05fc3f409b4.png

Other Stuff
• Chroma Deluxe Skin is complete, but his accompanying weapon still has to be done
• Limbo revamp seems to be close to launching, just doing some final extra QA testing
• Arcata melee weapon in PvE fell off the table -- it hasn't been worked on for a while, but will release eventually
• Helminth Charger visual revamp should release in the next 1 or 2 weeks -- may release with a new Precept
• Will definitely add more QoL UI stats to the Arsenal stats -- would love to add melee weapon range, but it's more complicated since each melee swipe has slightly differing range
• Investigating the possibility of adding more difficult melee-based enemies that will encourage use of melee 2.0 combos since they don't really have a prominent role in the game
• Click HERE to see Rebecca demo the newly re-mastered Earth Tileset 
• In a coming update, you will be able to cancel active Foundry construction and get all materials (except Argon) refunded
• Photobooth feature was displayed again (HERE) showing that you can even control lighting colour and placement    
• The devs are open to the idea of making Vandal and Wraith items colourable, but not commiting to anything

12 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Infested will be dropping Mutagen Samples in the Event as a nod towards Hema concerns

Well, at least it's something... :awkward:

Hopefully the increased drop rates will actually transfer to normal Eris gameplay after the event is over, so people can actually research the Hema in a more reasonable fashion by playing Eris missions passively over time, without having to resort to literally thousands of waves of ODD.

12 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

• Investigating the possibility of adding more difficult melee-based enemies that will encourage use of melee 2.0 combos since they don't really have a prominent role in the game

I think part of the question was a bit lost on Steve but well received on Geoff. The issue isn't with the enemy types which I encourage them to add the mid tier melee enemies, but with how the combos are performed and how enemies react to them.

EEE PAUSE E . With the varying speeds of the melee weapons, knowing when to pause and when a comco has reset to the initial strike again is difficult.

I implore DE to consider a 2 button system of light and heavy. Main and alternate for methods of combos.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I implore DE to consider a 2 button system of light and heavy. Main and alternate for methods of combos.

This makes a lot more sense to me. It would also permit them to get rid of the extremely annoying quick swing before Charge Attacks. Secondary Fire and Reload buttons do nothing while melee weapons are drawn, so it seems a reasonable thought to dedicate them to these functions -- it wouldn't even require additional consideration for console players.

Will likely watch the stream but doesn't seem all that interesting. 

Was kind of hoping they'd change clan scores from personal best to just points gained. While I'm gonna try to improve my personal best it's going to be rather boring and potentially cheesy tactics to do much much lengthier runs 

Edited by Naith

thanks as always bunny!

I LOVE the Equinox Helm, and I'm glad to hear the new event's scoring will be adjusted before console gets it, that's a load off my mind. I hope they make Wraith/Vandal weapons customizable.

oh, and reduced crafting time as a clan benefit? sign me up! maybe I'll only have to wait 12 hours for a Forma to be built!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

4 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

The devs are open to the idea of making Vandal and Wraith items colourable, but not commiting to anything

They better be "open" to that.

Now that we have Wraith cosmetics we *need* recoloring. Out of all my frames, only two use red colors, and those Wraith accessories don't fit anywhere else. 

13 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Operation Pacificism Defect Updates
• The devs admit that they missed the mark with their Clan participation threshholds -- see updated numbers HERE

As I have already expressed, this is not remotely sufficient. DE continue to either ignore the lessons of their mistakes, or to intentionally play at brinksmanship. Dark Sectors had to be shut down due to exploits, exploitation, and toxicity, they failed to get a competitive scene off the ground with Lunaro, and now they have decided to turn clans against each other through events and research.

You're not Riot, and this is not League of Legends. Neither is it EVE, or anything similar. When players say they want challenging gameplay, they do not mean "Increase the grind." 

I'm not going to be around much, but I'll keep an eye out for the next quest. Cheers folks.

Edited by BornWithTeeth