Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

Argue about formas? really? thats kinda cute, dont they drop in relics all the time?

5 minutes ago, 01thanatos10 said:

do you guys want to lose everyplayer you still have cause ithats pretty much what your gonnado with most the nerf dont.nerf good weapon buff the bad ones lowering the power level of weapons well only piss ppl off  the whole reason ppl "abuse" the good weapons is the fact the other ones are not efficient for end game content is S#&$ like this that cuase games to die.

wow prime post here, people always rant about things like this and the game is still running...

16 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

If lenses weren't dropping like candy from the Sorties I'd probably want to be able to uninstall them too.

But as it is they're now stupid cheap and piling up.

Which is probably more a commentary for replacing them as Sortie rewards than anything else I guess.

Eh... maybe this year they look at that again too.

Something I think a lot of people often over look with the Spamulor hate is the audio/visual noise.

Like at least 50% of the complaint directed at that whole thing were about that. 

DE changes seem to actually address that too since the Simulor can more or less do the same damage but requires using the "press to detonate" aspect of it.

Which will clean up all those crazy brightly colored floating orbs that end up literally everywhere.

Cheers!
~R~

Sure they drop a like candy but not for the schools you want. I have had 1 lense for zenurik and naramon drop over the course of two months the rest were for unairu which is a crap school the armor increase is nothing. RNG makes it a pain to get them as a free player. Personally I buy greater lenses with Plat I bought to support the game a feel screwed when DE does stuff like this. Is the solution just to not use Plat for anything? I doubt that's what DE wants but that's what they are pushing players to think or that they are money grabbing by making you pay for more stuff to get back a farming load out. 

2 hours ago, Death_Master_ said:

To keep power balance if something powerful disappears there should appear other as powerful thing to replace the loss. 

Thus defeating the point of balancing. You do know that by definition balance doesn't inherently mean that all things are equal or that one loss is replaced by another. Balanc simply means balance. All things working in harmony to achieve a specific goal. What would be the point in removing one thing to replace it with something else? You acheive literally nothing that way. The same thing applies to buffs. its pointless to buff something only to replace it with an equally weak weapon that you know you will have to buff later.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Those weapons were more powerful than powerful weapons already were. Don't make excuses just because someone nerfed your precious Tonkor.

It's not a tonkor nerf  problem it's a problem with nerf in general. The tonkor was actually kinda S#&$ty at high lever due to armor. Plenty of other weapons outperformed it at high and lower levels. The problem is people invest time and real money into stuff that can become worthless at any point DE decides to nerf things. People payed 900+ Plat for tonkor rivens and now their support for the game screwed then out of money. Also their forma refund is S#&$. Tokens take at least 4 forma to make top of the line. With the added self damage they become worthless like all the other explosive primaries with almost no player use. There will always be top weapons in warframe with the way they DE structured damage so nerfs just screw people. I agree with some of the nerfs but disagree with the practices that screw player. The simulor and the telos boltace were absolutely going to be abused and any veteran player could see it the moment the stats were release so why release them in that state. It feels like a cash grab so people spend Plat on them since they are tradeable weapons not to mention the mods needed for minmax. 

16 minutes ago, SGreen20 said:

Argue about formas? really? thats kinda cute, dont they drop in relics all the time?

wow prime post here, people always rant about things like this and the game is still running...

Yes they drop like candy but they make you choose between them and prime parts with are worth Ducats. Since DE never implemented the unlimited farm from a single relic (key) getting Ducats is now more time consuming. Gotta farm relics so you can farm one prime part and Ducats price per relic was not adjusted to the new changes. So yes the whining about forma is legitimate. Also they take 24 hours to make. I have 20ish bps but I can only make one every 24 hours so them dropping like candy doesn't matter. 6 forma equals six days of having to log in or having to wait to forma something else. 

23 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 250 when detonated.

I wonder if DE read a post about a suggested Simulor change so that it wasn't as dominant. I remember making a post about switching the stack damage and explosion damage around. Overall i'm gad to see these changes.

Even though my 6 forma Tonkor has been collecting dust for many months now, this nerf makes me unreasonably irritated. I'm firmly in the anti self-damage camp, and in a game where enemies can and will literally spawn on top of you, it needs to go. Instead of self-damage, I think that the idea several others have mentioned about staggering and knockdown is a perfect solution for all explosive weapons, not gated self-damage or reduced damage.

Just here to say thanks. I'm a T boltace user (formaed a few time/ great focus lens on it) and i will probably lose a few plats on all the maiming strike i have but i don't care, you are doing the right thing.

Now i hope it's just the beginning, you still have some work to do on a few obvious abilities / focus.

edit : And as others have said, make some changes with the self damage mechanics, like adding knock down + limited damage or a mechanic à la Killing floor instead of being one shotted.

Edited by Gilmaesh

As an avid user of the Buzlok, I can assure you there are some pretty nifty uses for tagging the terrain/objects. I've tagged doorways before, then hid around the corner just holding the trigger. Who needs to tag enemies when you can cover an area instead? I would LOVE to see that ability stay :c

other than that, really liking the looks of this update. Can finally use the fun weapons in upper content :D

58 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Something I think a lot of people often over look with the Spamulor hate is the audio/visual noise.

I have true black color on my Simulor - may it wouldn't be affected by this changes?

Or, maybe, try to fix that eyebleeding energy effects on the all weapons and frames instead?

Not, they are not doing this, so, the reason is not allowing players to do harder content and buying less platinum.

They should've released Tonkor with self-damage to begin with...wouldn't have wasted time, catalyst and 5 forma that way.

It's just not worth for me to use in solo missions after this goes live as main usage has been against infested and corpus with reinforced shield mod in sorties.  

And as I rarely play with public setting (only some sortie/event/alert missions which I can't do alone), haven't seen many (synoid)simulor+mirage or tbolts.. maybe 10 or so combined whole time I've played this game.

I think I haven't even ranked synoid simulor or tbolt...

Might try attica though as was using it before zhuge was released.

Really happy about the nerfs to the Tonkor and Mirulor Simulor, best news I've heard in ages.  Buffs look interesting but will need in-game use to see.

But really, DE, why have you left it so long?  All you do by leaving these obvious imbalances (that people have been complaining about for ages and that would show up in a few rounds of random PUG-gin) for so long, is store up QQ for yourselves.

But to your credit, you do eventually get round to it.  Well done!

Edited by Omnimorph

I have a Tonkor, with formas and catalyst. And I understand the nerf, is really deserved.

What bothers me is not losing the formas or the catalyst, but the Greater Focus Lens I installed into it, because is the only one I got.

I am not at full end-game like, maybe, most of you, so i don't have much stuff.

Should I wait to the full balance pass before forma any other weapon? I don't wanna think about investing in forma a secondary or melee weapon and

get hammered again. Any advice?

P. D: sorry about my English, is not my native language.

random thought - i have never had someone in a squad when using tonkor,simulor,telosboltace, that said things like:

"this weapon is op stop using it", "the damage is to op", " the mechanic is to op", "please do not use it it hurts my fun/gameplay" etc.

maybe the community is to polite ingame? but i never heard someone say this in chat. not once...

but on another note i had players ingame:

- telling the squad frost ot not use globe couse of the visuals when aiming with certain energy colors.

- nidus players going away from the squad in survival couse they wanted to stack

- players not wanting the zenistar to be used couse of the visual when aiming with certain energy colors

- not wanting ember/saryn to use their incredible aoe

so yeah, these comments i heard multiple times ingame squad chat when playing...

just a random thought passing through^^

Wow talk about not balance,, the simulor just went into the trash heap. The riven disposition then needs to go to High. more than 50% range reduction and a and a 80% damage reduction on standard fire. Pretty harsh. Can we get the lenses popped off these weapons and back in our inventory too DE? or is that greater lens wasted now?

Rivens once again show why they are a bad idea, anyone who sold rivens for the upgraded weapons are out of luck, anyone who bought rivens for the nerfed weapons are out of luck. Weapon specific mods in general are bad for a game that constantly releases new weapons (I don't want to try a new weapon i got the prefect riven for this one!) and constantly nerfs  and buffs older weapons simply because not enough players (or too many) use them.

1 hour ago, CrimsonFAQer said:

Sure they drop a like candy but not for the schools you want. I have had 1 lense for zenurik and naramon drop over the course of two months the rest were for unairu which is a crap school the armor increase is nothing. RNG makes it a pain to get them as a free player. Personally I buy greater lenses with Plat I bought to support the game a feel screwed when DE does stuff like this. Is the solution just to not use Plat for anything? I doubt that's what DE wants but that's what they are pushing players to think or that they are money grabbing by making you pay for more stuff to get back a farming load out. 

Well, hopefully it won't be a long time before DE buffs the other schools so they'd actually be worth taking, hopefully ;-)

I like the most of it, particularly the Miter part (mouahahahahah !).

But in your Balance pass, you seem to forget that there is a need to balance the scaling (lvl 145 = adamantium for some enemies...), and the fact we rely always on the same mandatory Mods (aka "diversity").

If Weapons are overlooked, there is often something due to scaling and useability  behind it, in addition to raw numbers. Please keep this in mind when you get through the rest of the weapons (300... RIP...).