Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

I think I might cry with manly tears of joy. Panthera is my favorite weapon but I just never felt like I'm being rewarded using it. The buff looks absolutely beautiful.

Let today mark another milestone towards better game health. 

I don't really see these stat changes as addressing these weapons and nerfing Synoid Simulor and Tonkor into the ground doesn't really help balance. If nothing else, changing mechanics as now gives the opportunity to make the Ogris work as it should, as Bombard varieties use it versus ours. Consistency is a key in both story telling and balance.

Just now, CrazyCortex said:

I think I might cry with manly tears of joy. Panthera is my favorite weapon but I just never felt like I'm being rewarded using it. The buff looks absolutely beautiful.

Let today mark another milestone towards better game health. 

ONWARDS MY CHAINSAW BRETHERIN!

Please rethink the self damage mechanics of explosive weapons.

In a fast paced coop game, we can't realy use explosive weapons because we never know when a teammate might run in range right before we detonate or the explosion occur.

I suggest a % of self/team damage for the Ogris, Tonkor, Penta and secondaries, not full 100% damage... Pretty please?

4 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Because, just as you said, it's broken. Just because you got a rare mod doesn't entitle you to absorb all the fun in games so no one else can have any.

Farming maiming strike was like a whole afternoon for me, and now its only needed for the maiming strike telos boltace. Anything other than that works with blood rush, so i wouldnt have spent that much time for a mod that i dont need. And in exchange for an almost wasted afternoon of farming, and the time it took to form 6 times the tonkor, another 4 the synoid, and another 2 for telos boltace, wich i only use because of its spin attack, im getting 3 formas and an affinity booster. And same as me, lots of people have spent a lot of time and effort to see that that time is now worthless. Im okay with balancing, but using tonkor is willing to suicide with 8k blast damage, and telos boltace is definitively nothing but interesting. You will use it a few days until you get tired of it, and you will go back to what you usually use. And i have the feeling that the synoid simulor is gonna say bye bye too. You cant make broken stuff, and when everyone haves invested a lot to get it, nerf it down, and then expect that players to be happy with they wasted time.

29 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Weapon Balance Pass.

As we near the staggering number of 300 weapons (including variants), the task of balancing grows increasingly daunting. At its core, Warframe is a co-operative game; having powerful tools is a boon to a team rather than a disadvantage. However, there are a few weapons that have such a dominating effect in missions that co-operative missions essentially become solo. Aside from the handful of dominating weapons, there are even more that have been overlooked.

We have taken a look at our Arsenal and adjusted many weapons - mostly Primaries at this time. Everything below is subject to change. This is our current plan and gives you a general idea of what is coming in the next big Update!

We have buffed 10 underpowered weapons which have unique mechanics that have been overlooked due to their poor stats.

Miter

The Miter is one of the oldest examples of killer concept with lackluster results. The next Update will bring the following:

• Increased chance of dismemberment on kills.
  • Increased speed of Projectiles.
  • Charge time has been halved.
  • Critical Chance of 5% for a quick shot.
  • Critical Chance of 10% for a charged shot.
  • Mastery Rank increased to 6.

Harpak

The Harpak's stats aren't the worst in the scheme of Primaries, but it has received some love since it is often overlooked.

• Recoil has been reduced on the Primary Fire.
  • The Alt-Fire Charge time has been removed - it is now an instant harpoon.
  • The Critical Chance has been increased to 20%.
  • Increased the range of the Alt-Fire from 15 meters to 40 meters.
  • Increased the flight speed of the Alt-Fire and updated the FX.

Hind

The Hind has more nicknames than most Primaries (Baguette, etc), but not as much use.

• We've added a single-shot Semi-Auto Alt Fire to the Hind that has increased Damage, Critical, and Status Chance.

Panthera

Like the Miter, the Panthera is a killer idea with lackluster execution. We've made the following changes:

• Primary Fire has been switched to Automatic, and the fire rate has been increased.
  • The Status Chance of Primary Fire has been increased to 20%
  • Critical Hit Chance of Primary Fire is now 10%
  • The Critical Multiplier is now 2x.
  • Ammo Requirement is reduced to 2.
  • Secondary Fire Status chance is now 35%
  • Critical hit Chance of Secondary is now 25%
  • Mastery Rank is now 7.

Paracyst

The Paracyst is one of the more spine-tingling weapons in the Arsenal that really runs with the Infested theme.

• The damage of the Primary Fire has been increased by 5.
  • Updated the FX of the projectiles of the Primary Fire.
  • Increased the range of the Alt-Fire tether to 50 m.
  • The Status Chance of the Primary and Secondary Fire has been increased to 30%
  • The Critical Chance of Primary Fire has been increased to 10%
  • Mastery Rank is now 5.

Mutalist Quanta

One of the more abstract Weapons that uses the Alt-Fire mechanic, the Mutalist Quanta has confused people since launch.

• The Mutalist Quanta is getting more of a mechanic change rather than just stats.
  • It will have its Alt-Fire stack similar to the Simulor to make a large Infested Orb that you can shoot through for additional advantages.

Buzlok

The Buzlok and its homing mechanism has been used for many creative moments - but ultimately this weapon has been overlooked.

• The Ammo Requirement for the Secondary Homing has been reduced to 2.
  • Physical Damage distribution has been adjusted to 50% Impact, 40% Puncture, and 10% Slash.
  • Damage has been increased to 60 from 45.
  • Critical Chance increased to 15%
  • Critical Damage increased to 2.5x
  • The flight speed of the Homing Beacon has been increased.
  • The Homing Beacon will now only stick to NPC & Characters.
  • Critical Chance increased by 50% on targets with Homing Beacon attached to them.
  • Clip size reduced to 50.
  • Mastery Rank increased to 9.

Glaxion

The Ice Beam weapon: the Glaxion. Probably one of the most exciting weapons to imagine in combat, yet it has received a cold reception.

• Cold Damage has increased to 333 from 250.
  • The rate at which ammo is consumed has been decreased.
  • Increased the Accuracy of the Glaxion.
  • Reduced the range from 30 meters to 24 meters.

Ogris

The Ogris has gone through a visual Upgrade, and now it's time for a stat upgrade. To many, this was their first entry into Launcher weapons - are you willing to give it another look?

• The Flight Speed of the projectile has been increased.
  • The Status Chance has been increased to 35%.
  • The charge time to fire the Ogirs has been reduced.
  • The direct Impact damage of the projectile has been decreased to 100.
  • AoE damage has increased to 600.
  • AoE range has increased to 6 meters.
  • Mastery Rank requirement has increased to 8.

Attica

The Attica was the debut entry into Automatic Primary Crossbows! We've revisited it to perhaps bring it back into the spotlight of your Arsenal.

• The Weapon Recoil has been reduced.
  • The Fire Rate has been increased.
  • The Flight Speed of the bolts has increased.
  • The Critical Chance has increased to 25%.
  • The Critical Multiplier has increased to 2x.
  • The Ammo Capacity has increased to 20.

We have nerfed 3 weapons (plus 1 variant) that we feel disrupts the co-op setting and pace of gameplay for most groups:

Tonkor

The Tonkor's rocket jumping mechanic has long been obsolete since the introduction of bullet jumping. This weapon is a launcher by nature, and we've made adjustments to that end.

• The Tonkor now deals self-damage like all other launchers.
  • The Tonkor Grenade trajectory line now appears on holding the fire button (Default Left Mouse), and grenade fires on release.
  • The Maximum lifespan of grenade has dropped from 5 to 3 seconds - grenades are quicker to explode
  • Genades bounce lower and explode sooner, making them more likely to explode where they are shot.
  • The Critical Chance has been reduced to 25%.

Simulor:

The Simulor's entry into Arsenals marked one of the more unique moments in Weapon history. It's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance has been increased to 30%.
  • A Critical Chance of 2% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-6 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 200 when detonated.
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-40
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.

Synoid Simulor:

Considering the Simulor was the only Primary Cephalon weapon, it was easy to see a Synoid version entering Arsenals. Like its vanilla counterpart, it's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance increased to 35%
  • A Critical Chance of 5% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 250 when detonated.
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-50
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.

Telos Boltace:

The only melee entry on the list is the Telos Boltace.

• This weapon is receiving a bit more of a mechanic change rather than a purely numerical change.
  • The Slide attack will create a vortex that staggers and draws enemies toward you.
  • The following Slide attack (after a vortex) will radial blast and ragdoll enemies away from you.
  • This 'back and forth' will be on a cooldown.

If you have invested into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be an Inbox message generated on Login to give you a single 3 day Affinity Booster and a Forma per owned weapon to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!

Regarding any Rivens you may have or are looking to pick up for any of the listed weapons: you can expect small changes to stats. Stay tuned for more information in the Update notes!

Thank you Tenno - see you soon.

If your buffing/balancing old weapons please, please look at the poor Fang Prime. Dual Daggers in general have had nothing since their implementation and it's sad to see my favorite melee weapon go unused simply because of terrible stats.

6 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Yet my Glaive and Fang Prime remain unchanged.

DE PLEASE. On a serious note I hope Scott can cover these 2 sooner than later.

Thanks Rebecca for the information :)

The damage has been increased though, from 250 to 333. I think you read that one part wrong :P

Aye I just reread it again.

Been a tiring day and my eyes are shattered.

Still, not sure about the range nerf.

Also scared about riven's, especially for other weapons. I don't have faith in that when sometimes weapon buffs/nerfs are introduced, the riven adjustment is appropriate. I like some of my riven's :/

What I also don't get, if I'm reading it right, is Simulor/Synoid. I don't use the weapons but it dsoesn't seem like something significant, which it needed.

Yeah, actually, still not getting the synoid alterations. The tonkor has been needed for such a long time, but what the heck's going on with the other villain(s) here?

Edited by Naith

1 minute ago, Gwenwed said:

Please rethink the self damage mechanics of explosive weapons.

In a fast paced coop game, we can't realy use explosive weapons because we never know when a teammate might run in range right before we detonate or the explosion occur.

I suggest a % of self/team damage for the Ogris, Tonkor, Penta and secondaries, not full 100% damage... Pretty please?

Yay for teamkilling

These balance changes don't seem perfect, but I need to say these changes make me happy because it shows you guys are finally putting effort into neglected and 'bad' weapons. Please tell me we can expect more of these...I really wish a lot of other weapons were better. Silva & Aegis for example

Anyway, good work guys.

16 minutes ago, ThaLegendaryCat said:

So the weapon that got most players interested in Maiming Strike is losing its best aspect the wave attack like DE please make it no CD if you are going to change it to this new System. The Telos Boltace is powerful and its only if moded with Maiming Strike it gets to a Broken status. Why can´t we have that kind of a weapon for the players who has this rare and powerful mod?
I know that the weapon it self if you got that close was also great tho that is not geting a nerf its the wave that is geting nerfed

Just another example of a broken/op mod leading to weapon nerfs.

The real problem here isn't the melee itself. Its the fact you get a crit 9/10 of the time while sliding with maiming strike. Instead of nerfing all melee weapons they could simply nerf maiming. But noooo... Have to change every single weapon because of one mod.

Gonna say this now before anyone else.

We won't EVER be seeing the Tonkor again really.

Not sure if the Synoid Simulor one is a buff, those increases make it seem so (Can somoene who uses that weapon confirm?)

Glaxion is looking great though.

Edited by Latiac