Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Weapon Balance Pass Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

4 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

- No more punch through on fully charge shots!? It used to have innate punch through on charge shots.

I noticed this and it's really odd. All discs suddenly drop when hitting an enemy.

4 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

- Beacon supposedly makes shots have 59% crit chance. Point Strik added, no red crit at all ( it would bring the crit chance to 125% and yes...I tested it a lot)

I think the devs meant "shots that are homing to a beacon will get 50% bonus crit chance" which means 50% flat, not 50% affected by mods.

I could be wrong though.

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I think the devs meant "shots that are homing to a beacon will get 50% bonus crit chance" which means 50% flat, not 50% affected by mods.

I could be wrong though.

It may also be just a 1,5x multiplier to what your crit multiplier is on paper, so for example with point strike 1,5 x 37,5% = 56,25%. The description on the patch notes is really vague.

2 hours ago, Darkuhn said:

am i the only one or dosen´t the Orbs of the Simulor combine anomore? i feel without the vortex effect the wapon isnt viable anymore...

You aren't the only one, its currently bugged.  I miss the pretty cephalon suda symbols in the vortexes.

10 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

You aren't the only one, its currently bugged.  I miss the pretty cephalon suda symbols in the vortexes.

I hope one of the devs come up and explain to us what did they done to the synoid simulor because currently its hella bugged.

• The Status Chance increased to 35% correct
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 4. The synoid simulor always used 4 so this is pointless
  • A Critical Chance of 5% has been added. What does this even mean?!
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters. They dont stack
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (300 at full stack). No stack no bonus
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-8 from 3-8 still not stacking
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from 150-250 to 20-50 no stack
  • The Synoid Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 75. correct

See thread(s) in PC Bugs section of forum for more Synoid Simulor testing and comments.

Every aspect of it is not working in addition to stealth nerf lowered firing rate.

Also in PC Bugs section, Simulor thread(s) containing ideas about how to reboot this weapon and deal with Mirage's use of it.

Not that anyone will ever read them or take any of the ideas and run with them. But hey :)

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

I noticed this and it's really odd. All discs suddenly drop when hitting an enemy.

I could be wrong though.

A little testing seems to indicate that it's 50 flat. With no PS mod I get similar numbers of white and yellow hits on marked targets, which would be reasonable with 65% (15 + 50) crit chance. With PS, Critical Delay, and Argon Scope, I get all yellows (didn't see any reds, though).

Many have already said this, but I will say it again because it's a big deal.

The punch through on the Miter is completely gone on both charged and non-charged shots. I like the new stat increases, but I want the firing mechanics to return to how they were before in terms of both punch through and ricochets. Right now, the miter is just a bow with no punch-through and bad crit (AKA a bad bow). I do appreciate the increased projectile size though. Also on the miter, it is now harder to see where your shots are going because there aren't those lines on the sides of the blades as they fly in the air. I do not know if these shortcomings are also true for the panthera.

On a side note, there were some primary weapons that need buffing that I was disappointed to not see in this patch, and I hope they get looked at in the future:

• Tiberon
  • Tetra (and Prisma Tetra)
  • Gorgon (normal, prisma, and wraith)
  • Dera (and vandal)
  • Karak Wraith (not normal karak)
  • Flux rifle (I would like to put extra emphasis on how incredibly bad this gun is)

8 hours ago, Trichouette said:

I could be wrong though.

ok nvm yeah....beacon only adds 50% more crti chance, not a base crit chance of 50%...

I suppose that'd be a bit OP.

The Hind Semi-Auto fire offer almost nothing compared to the burst fire. The only benefit I really see is that you consume less ammo. The single shot shoots slow enough that the burst will do about the same amount of damage because it can just put out a lot more bullets at a lower damage. Either increase the damage of the semi-auto fire or increase the fire rate. Currently, it shoots very slow and does not have the damage behind it to make the weapon feel like a heavy damaging slow fire rate weapon, which should pack more of a punch when compared to a single shot of automatic rifles.

Please also change the alt fire button to change the firing mechanic between burst and semi-auto similarly to how the Stradavar functions. There's not much of a need to be able to immediately shoot burst and semi-auto in combat. Pressing the middle mouse button repeatedly for semi-auto shots is also very uncomfortable.

Weapons like the Azima's alt fire functions differently from the regular fire, such that they are not used in the same way and can be beneficial to be able to use at a moment's notice. It's also something that you won't be clicking repeatedly. So alt fire mechanics on guns should use a switch between the fire modes if it is going to be used extensively.

Not liking the new synoid simulor. Liked the vortex mechanics before that but this just feels like an inferior penta. The heavy focus on alt fire really kills it for me to the point of not wanting to use the simulor ever again. I would even be okay with weaker stats if the old mechanics remained (orb stacking to make vortexes).

41 minutes ago, Hom_Tanks said:

Not liking the new synoid simulor. Liked the vortex mechanics before that but this just feels like an inferior penta. The heavy focus on alt fire really kills it for me to the point of not wanting to use the simulor ever again. I would even be okay with weaker stats if the old mechanics remained (orb stacking to make vortexes).

Currently its bugged heavily. (atleast i hope)

Heres a list of their changes:

• The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 4. The synoid simulor always used 4 so this is pointless
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters. They dont stack
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (300 at full stack). No stack no bonus
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-8 from 3-8 still not stacking
  • The Synoid Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 75. correct

59 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Currently its bugged heavily. (atleast i hope)

Heres a list of their changes:

• The Synoid Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 75. correct

From what I've seen the orbs do stack but (and this is a big one) they deal no damage (no vortex upon stacking) until you detonate them with alt fire.

I wouldn't care much for buffs/nerfs as to maintaining the core mechanics which are completely gone. As I said it feels like an inferior Penta in which you place your charges in a short distance to only have them detonate upon pressing alt fire. If I wanted to play with Penta I would, having synoid work in a similar matter is not something I'd ever want or need.

33 minutes ago, Hom_Tanks said:

From what I've seen the orbs do stack but (and this is a big one) they deal no damage (no vortex upon stacking) until you detonate them with alt fire.

I wouldn't care much for buffs/nerfs as to maintaining the core mechanics which are completely gone. As I said it feels like an inferior Penta in which you place your charges in a short distance to only have them detonate upon pressing alt fire. If I wanted to play with Penta I would, having synoid work in a similar matter is not something I'd ever want or need.

But if thats the case, they should atleast wrote it down, but so far no devs reacted to it. 

Now its either a bug or they forgot to tell the complete mechanic change in the patch notes.

Not only is the innate punchthrough gone from Miter charged shots, but mods like Shred don't add punchthrough to it either, regular or charged shots!
And it never dismembers enemies, at least infested, on the first shot, that too seems rarer than you'd expect from a Miter.
And why so many sparks flying around when hitting fleshy enemies like the infested? I'd expect more gory blood spurts flying from hits of that saw blade.
And another thing, even with status chance at a 100%, not every shot does a proc, I've tested around an hour now in a survival. It's still very common, like 70-85% of the time, but barely even 95% of the time do I proc anything with the Miter, not even the tiny puncture or impact procs since it does a little of those damages.

Oh, and as people have said, I'm not seeing any crit chance/dmg additions to the Miter in the game yet.

Synoid Simulor (and most likely the regular Simulor as well) has a major problem with orbs not stacking, just clumping together.

Edited by SnuggleBuckets

I really hate this rework. Tonkor has become more than useless now. Use it against opponents was not profitable, while for the player it has a 100% chance to kill himself if the grenade accidentally bounces in the direction of the player. Multi-shot - multi-chance get a grenade on the head.
But it is not important. I can accept this. Tonkor was an excellent weapon, but not the only good in the game.

Another thing is telos boltase. This is absolutely useless weapons now. I really have no idea where I can use it now. Ordinary tonfa have any sense, and boltase now plays the role of melee Solikor - I make a blow, my opponent flies and ... WHAT? He does not get much damage, he flies away in an unknown direction, and weapons have COOLDOWN. WHAT FOR? I get a syndicate weapon for the dominant characteristics in relation to the original, and instead I get absolutely useless tonfas, which lose the rest in all respects. I really regret that I spent my 100k sidicates. Now telos boltase does not cause any positive sensations, only pain under my tail.
The logic of changing the Tonkor can be understood. It is very sad that he has changed, but he still has a relatively positive rebuff.
But I really ask you to return the old mechanics of the telos bolt. At this moment this weapon is really more than useless.

It's not the same weapon anymore. That's not hyperbole saying "it's trash" I really mean its not the same weapon. It red crits without crit mods, and doesn't even make vortexes....I'm not complaining, best nerf ever, but rly wtf? the damage numbers for combining are invisible to me (health bar gets hit slightly, but no numbers, in solo) and the explosion damage crits more the more orbs you shot first......I changed my build to crit damage only just because of this.

Honestly though best nerf ever. 9 times out of 10, I would rather have a total rework than a straight nerf. Oh and I hope you don't think I didn't waste a bunch of forma on it first either....

Indeed. The boltace is now as useful as sydon too. These nerfs really help pubs, but hurt things like medallion farming for example. The nerfs were justified, but they are now not even remotely relevant. The simulor can stack and crit good, but other AoE weapons outshine it (Ignis Wraith for example).

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Indeed. The boltace is now as useful as sydon too. These nerfs really help pubs, but hurt things like medallion farming for example. The nerfs were justified, but they are now not even remotely relevant. The simulor can stack and crit good, but other AoE weapons outshine it (Ignis Wraith for example).

How do I destroy containers now? /pouts