The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender of Warframes is starting to get unbalanced.

Tesseract7777

45 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Actually, now that you mention it, I thought it had been softly established that Wukong and Nezha were outside of the release pattern, due to them being imported from Chinaframe?

I have no idea. It sounds familiar but i can't say for certain.

1 hour ago, GRiMtox said:

I dont know how you calculated that. My results come out different:

Male:

• Ash
  • Loki
  • Hydroid
  • Rhino
  • Limbo
  • Atlas
  • Chroma
  • Excalibur
  • Frost
  • Inaros
  • Nekros
  • Oberon
  • Vauban
  • Wukong
  • Volt

= 15

Female:

• Banshee
  • Ember
  • Equinox
  • Ivara
  • Mag
  • Mesa
  • Mirage
  • Nova
  • Nyx
  • Octavia
  • Saryn
  • Titania
  • Trinity
  • Valkyr
  • Zephyr

= 15

Difficult to say:

• Nidus

Nidus is just a thing.

• Nezha

If one Warframe is undecided, its Nezha. But thats ok, you shouldn't press a gender on Nezha.

= 02

So... its totally balanced if you ask me.

Oh Nidus is a boy that much is true!

6 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

Fair enough. The whole gender discussion for Warframe just really gets my gears grindin' so to speak. 

My apologies to the OP. 

I think the main disconnect for expectations in the gender threads is the A through Z Tumblr thing. No worries, as that is 99.99% of the time not the case with these threads.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

At first the order got slightly messed up because of the chinaframes, and I believe we had one more male than female. However, for the most part that order was kept, in order to maintain balance as best as possible. Then, Octavia was going to be released before Nidus to try to restore the balance of the frames genders. However, Octavia was delayed and released after, and now the next frame is going to be male as well. At this rate, it will actually be quite uneven. 

There will be thirty three frames soon. 

18 of them will be male

15 of them will be female

That means after this male frame we will need three female frames in a row to even temporarily bring the amount of each gender of frame back to balance again. 

Do you even care about this? Do you think it's important? I'm not sure I really care, but I'm also not sure I like the tradition being abandoned to such an extent as it is right now. Should it matter? Does it matter? 

Should we have a bunch of female frames in a row after this male to "fix this problem", or do you think its not actually a problem? I am curious how people feel about this. 

Like I said, I'm not sure I really care or not, but I observed this and thought it would be interesting to see how people feel about it. 

What if the next frames are female? Adding 2 female frames will balance it out.

How about a Ninja Apache Helicopter frame... 

- Seriously though with all that's been going on now. Gender talk for something which is essentially an Exoskeletal armour controlled by a teenager who I have to mute as I cant stand the voice is kind of pointless :satisfied:

Unless they decides to go full Bioware and turn this into a dating sim, I say we just leave the gender politics out of our space ninja murder simulator videogame. There's currently no impact on the game based on the "gender" of the fleshpile-stuffed-into-a-tin-can you decide to drive.

Except for Rhino's codpiece... That thing has impact for days.

Honestly I don't mind if male or female frames coming next I care about the concept and the playstyle. The other part is their design and how they balanced compared to the other ones. They can still do releasing 4-5 frame in row in a half year if they wish there are a tons of idea on fan zone.

Also there are frames like muramashi and flora which are pre built because have a finished model just need rig and animate them and these totally fit into the warframe universe. Also there are a tons other great concepts to choose from.

I didn't read everything but China frames are not considered into the male/female balance, so it's more like :
-15 males
-15 females
-2 china frames

If you really want to balance, I think we should have 2 more china frames based on female gods.

gender doesn't matter in a game where the only indication of the gender is boobs.

its a game about robot space ninjas ffs, and with all the lore that's been building up its pretty much pointing to the fact that warframes don't even have genders at all.

Warframes should be designed based on how they'll best fit the theme of their abilities, gender doesn't matter to the design except in fringe cases like Loki, Atlas, Nezha and Wukong who are based on male deities.

The gender balance can be off and I won't care one bit.

Edited by ArtisticLlama

1 hour ago, ArtisticLlama said:

Warframes should be designed based on how they'll best fit the theme of their abilities, gender doesn't matter to the design except in fringe cases like Loki, Atlas, Nezha and Wukong who are based on male deities.

The gender balance can be off and I won't care one bit.

What about the female deities?