Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenith feedback

S.Faiz

15 minutes ago, Viscule said:

I just don't like the login days. I went on a hiatus before the days were changed or even mentioned of a change and I had a bunch of consecutive days. Which obviously I lost when I went on a hiatus, but I had no idea they changed it to just total. But only from when it got changed. So all the days I played back then didn't mean anything.

Like back before the current login system existed? Because those days didn't count for anyone for the new tribute system. 

Every started at square one when the new tribute system came around. Sorry if I am misunderstanding you though. 

The days played back then didn't mean anything for the new system for anyone. And to be honest, I think that actually made sense. We already got our reward for the old days we did in the system, and allowing old days to count for new system would give people an unfair headstart in the new tribute system. 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Like back before the current login system existed? Because those days didn't count for anyone for the new tribute system. 

Every started at square one when the new tribute system came around. Sorry if I am misunderstanding you though. 

The days played back then didn't mean anything for the new system for anyone. And to be honest, I think that actually made sense. We already got our reward for the old days we did in the system, and allowing old days to count for new system would give people an unfair headstart in the new tribute system. 

Yeah, the old system. I don't see how it would be unfair tho, it's like saying your current days didn't count. It's still time spent that was then lost.

7 minutes ago, Viscule said:

Yeah, the old system. I don't see how it would be unfair tho, it's like saying your current days didn't count. It's still time spent that was then lost.

I mean, I kinda felt how you feel at the time it was implemented, I just got over it long ago, because I was around for it, if that makes sense? I think from their perspective, they see it as we already got our rewards from the old system, so it's not like we lost anything. Personally I can kinda see it from both perspectives. 

10 hours ago, Teloch said:

That ^. Thank you for liberating me from the need to elaborate the point.

Zenith sucks.

How to make is Un-suck?

Boost the base damage to 35-45
Decrease the crit stats to 5% and x1.5
Increase the status chance to 25-30%
Remove the innate silencer
Scrap the alt-fire wallhack and make the gun toss sticking magazine-mines that explode upon enemies approach. Let them deal *0.5 of summary damage of all bullets remaining in the ejected magazine. Allow 2-3 of the mines deployed at the same time. Allow to detonate them manually via primary fire hit and cause chain reaction explosions.

And that's it - your perfect LMG for tactical defense! Combine with Zenistar, Azima, and Frost/Vauban for complete "You shall not pass!" effect.

Aside from the drop to crit stats, I'm completely behind this idea. In fact, I was thinking the exact same thing; "Man, that alt-fire is pretty terrible. I wish all it did was just lob explosives to compliment the primary fire's automatic gun mode."

Boom, good sir/ma'am.

20 hours ago, Bobtm said:

I've been mulling over a few possible thoughts regarding that.  In a way I'd almost say, why not open things up more?  Give it the ability to see through walls as a stock trait in both its primary and secondary firing modes.  Both having the same punch through value as well.  Increase the base fire rate's Status chance to something shockingly high like 90% but leave its damage low where it is now.  Increase the secondary fire's Fire Rate to something more fluid/usable feeling like 5 or 6 so it actually feels like a proper semi-auto instead of having an obtrusive and arbitrary delay between shots.

Last but not least, give its secondary fire/disc unlimited duration as well as giving it some sort of special effect within a modest range around that disc.  The Azima already fires bullets in a radius.  Zenistar releases an elemental shockwave.  So I figure, why not let the Zenistar put up a semi-defensive barrier?  Have it so that allies near the Zenith's disc have a bonus to "Evasion" or in other words;  Reduce enemy accuracy when they are firing at a player near the Zenith's disc.

Changes like this would open up usability on the Zenith, give it a useful quirk, and smooth its usage by a fair margin.  All without needing to powercreep its stats.

i really like the idea.All of the login reward weapons should work with each other,so if we have the melee who is area denial and a pistol who is there to deal some moderate dps the gun should compliment that and work with it.The see through walls makes no sense xD maybe the gun could have high status chance,and i mean really high but not all that high of a dmg so you would use the pistol discs to kill enemies and the rifle to help in doing so,now the alt fire could be that (the shield thing) or maybe something else to compliment the other guns?

On 4/16/2017 at 11:40 AM, S.Faiz said:

Zenith stats even for the secondary seems kind of low. An exclusive weapon available at 500 login days, it should be on levels with other primary weapons if not above them.Its mechanic of seeing through walls  when disc is out sounds good but its not viable enough to take it to high level content.The Zenistar (300 login reward ) is a great melee, it has different melee mechanic and yet high level content viable.Zenith  requires  200 days more yet feels kind of left behind in comparision to other primary weapons.

Just wanted to say this. Never cry over something that is FoC.

18 hours ago, Viscule said:

this has already been argued before. but that would have just made it were people like me and anyone else who has played this game for..waht 4 years now? I would have had zenith the day the system came out. and the gun wasnt even though up fully at taht point in time. It was a new system taht repalced the old system. we all started square one. thats like claiming that MMO's should compensate you for your gear you grinded hours for when the lvl cap goes up.
Still point on hand. the rifle isnt top tier but it isnt that bad. Claims from simulcarium has it that its alt fire has basicaly inf puch (or ALOT of it. and even going through Frost eximus bubbles. whether bug or not is to be seen) and its one of the highest dmg single shot rifles we have (baring opticor and snipers) and a above average crit multiplier.

Edited by Ordosan
removed image cuz it downsized it self to crap resolution.

It's really unfortunate how low the stats on the Zenith are, and I am really hoping they buff it. I get mine tonight and I'm both excited for it and saddened by it. Excited because it's a pretty looking gun and a new forma project, but saddened because of how it turned out. Really hoping that if we get a buff, it's gonna be relatively quick and make it a joy to use. I also personally don't mind the wall hack gimmick, I just wish it was maybe 30-40 seconds instead of 15 seconds. 

Also, about the old system compared to the new system, I think them not counting days from beforehand is fine. It would have been a major hassle to calculate how many days each player had played beforehand, and then the rewards would also have been incredibly rushed. I think that it's better this way, but that's just my opinion, as someone who's played since before the new system. 

If it were me id do away with its rubbish primary fire and make it a sniper rifle with sniper stats. Or at least latron stats. Then id add 30m punchthrough of terrain but not enemies. Secondary could still release the disk to see through walls or if it has to be nerfed.. mark enemies around corners. 

What this would do, is give you a semi auto wall hack gun that you can pick enemies off at a distance with but comes with all the drawbacks of semi auto sniper types. Itd then be great at spy and rescue etc but bad at defense etc. It'd have a niche unlike the current version. 

Actually, rethinking it, the best thing about this weapon is that it's so bland that you shouldn't feel bad about missing log ins and not having it.

Wait, the reload animation is ok.

(this post may contain traces of sarcasm but should be entirely nut free)

Hi.

Got to 500 day log in yesterday!

kwTJGVF.jpg

I did check the stats on Sunday ....I wasn't realy happy to be honest... Well I had no time to test it out properly becouse of Easter but today I could.

Let's start from the weapons we got before:

At day 100 we get the Azima: Medocre sidearm. With a proper riven it's surprisingly good. The alt fire is meh. (It should be a fast spinning laser tbh..)

At day 300 we get the Zenistar: It's a slow status melee. For regular use its ..meh but the "alt fire" oooh boy thats another story. Becouse Warframe's "combo system" is so simple and gets boring realy fast (Im a DMC 1-4 fan so i can't realy help it can I?) I could not get to like it in this 3 year I played so, this is the weapon of choice for peoples like me. It's realy usefull. I use it with corrosive / blast build and it's realy effective :D.

And... at day 500 we get this pile of garbage...Zenith: I love the design!! :3 Let's forget about the primary fire becouse a watergun have more firepower. The alt-fire is a nice concept with the "wallhack" + Infinite punchtrough (I realy like the idea) but the weapons lacks serious firepower, eats too much ammo (so ammo mutation is a must on it for extended use),the "wallhack" have too short range and the alt-fire fire rate is too slow for the little damage it does. Heavy Caliber is a no-no on this. You gonna need the headshots. Even after 4 Forma in it It's not even Sorti ready... It would take a REALY good Riven to get this thing working (maybe?). To be honest I have no idea if Rivens are out for this but I would like one ..Till than it's an MR fodder. >_>

There you have it. I get it that this series is all about alt-fire but I can't accept a weapon this weak as a reward for -> 500 days <-. Compared to the rewards we got before it's just garbage.. I have no better word for it.

I can already see the dedicated White Knight platoon marching into my face and yelling: "But it's FREE and all you have to do is LOG IN for it! You are so ungrateful herpderp!!!"... Well true and true ,but you know.. this system was made so they could reward those loyal players who play day after day and spend money / time on theyr game (and get rid of the awful old system what most people complained about on the forums xD).

This is theyr reward for playing (or at least logging in) for more than 1 YEAR 4 MONTH? Well thanks but keep it next time.

I get it we can't get always OP/ Good weapons but seriously if you don't even want to give us a weapon what I can use at least for Sortis, than just put the BP's into the Market and give something like a Riven Mod Slot pack or a skin or something.... I don't want to get useless stuff.

It was a huge letdown to get this weapon so I would like some buffs to it ,but I don't realy think that will ever happen. Usualy that only happens when a ton of people complain about something and that will not gonna happen till a lot more people have acces and realise they got a joke for 500 day.

For those who were willing to read this wall of text thing. Thanks!

I don't think a Dev will ever read my complains but (max Mods..) if they do.. this joke is ain't funny... please do something xD.

(It would not take too much to make it better but not OP. 10+ crit chance on primary fire (so 20% in total) and more firerate on the secondary fire mode should do the job. Oh and a timer for the "sonar")

Edited by Askell91

Just now, Myscho said:

For Semi-auto is Heavy caliber kinda weird to use, but for Auto mode is good

13 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

And... at day 500 we get this pile of garbage...Zenith: I love the design!! :3 Let's forget about the primary fire becouse a watergun have more firepower.

its 2nd fire has 22% crit% and 2.5 critX though, as well as infinite punch-through. Just Imagine this with a Sonar Banshee. Hopefully it will have the strongest riven disposition so you could get a little over 200% crit chance. With that and both rifle crit% mods this would definitely not be mastery fodder.

1 minute ago, Bravely_Casual said:

its 2nd fire has 22% crit% and 2.5 critX though, as well as infinite punch-through. Just Imagine this with a Sonar Banshee. Hopefully it will have the strongest riven disposition so you could get a little over 200% crit chance. With that and both rifle crit% mods this would definitely not be mastery fodder.

Nah. Don't be decieved. It have a REALY hard time even against lvl 50 heavy gunners ( I usualy test with lvl 100 or 145 enemys). And it have a Neutral Disposition..... -,-'

10 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

Nah. Don't be decieved. It have a REALY hard time even against lvl 50 heavy gunners ( I usualy test with lvl 100 or 145 enemys). And it have a Neutral Disposition..... -,-'

neutral @@ why DE why?