Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavily abused for just playing the game

Kierlak

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

And I'm saying that it isn't.  No one in my clan complains of this, and I have asked, no one on my friends list complains of this.

We have two conflicting experiences, so at this point, neither one of is can claim what is and is not the norm.

dayum

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

We have two conflicting experiences, so at this point, neither one of is can claim what is and is not the norm.

Yeah, let's just leave it at that... I'm tired of it anyway. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Kierlak said:

You came to the wrong place. Mostly what you'll get here is more toxin and meme responds.

If people are not capable of nicely telling you to stop freezing enemies and start insulting you just don't bother. Just ignor them and try to get a thicker skin, it'll help you later in life.

Unfortunately the nuke spam recently added oil to the fire. Limbo was always seen as a trolling Warframe for the many hindrances forced on other players with absolute ease, and the devs only addressed a small part of that with Cataclysm pickups and carryables, while adding extra layers of annoyance in Rift Walk's portal, AoE Banish, Stasis, mass Rift Surge rifting whole rooms, and Cataclysm killing everything.

Honestly, using any of his powers on Akkad is just going to waste everyone else's time, even if you're trying to help. I'd say stick to your guns and melee and only pause time if push comes to shove and no one is dealing enough damage to kill the Infested swarming around the pod.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Honestly, using any of his powers on Akkad is just going to waste everyone else's time, even if you're trying to help. I'd say stick to your guns and melee and only pause time if push comes to shove and no one is dealing enough damage to kill the Infested swarming around the pod.

That's what I was thinking. People like doing Akkad as quickly as possible. With the OP CCing the enemies it'd making it more difficult to do it more efficiently.

I think the problem might be the node. If you avoid the "meta farming 1million creds/XP per 3.12 seconds" nodes where the majority of toxic people is concentrated, you'll be fine. Personally I have never found any toxic behaviour with Limbo(which is what I play 90% of the time) but rather a lot of really cool people. But that might be just luck.

Well, by picking Limbo, you should have seen it coming, especially going to the most popular node. Limbo is a great frame, but only when you play with an organised group, preferably with Voice connection of some sort. He is just too... specific to be brought to PUG games, because he requires much more communication with the rest of the team or else he will simply be a handicap.

Then again, nobody should tell you to kill yourself, last time I checked Warframe wasn't meant for immature eight year olds. I suggest sending this to support, if you have screenshots.

You're doing something to incite this.

I haven't "formed a group" outside of random public group finder in weeks, playing a variety of frames, and out of 100 missions, sorties, etc like...4 people have even used the chat.

I even played mirage sonicor spam for like 6 akkads....not one peep.

Limbo is seen as cancerous everywhere on the starchart, but bring him to Merrow, Sedna to fight against Kela de Thaym (or Sortie Kela) and apparently everyone is shouting praises and kissing at your feet.

Seriously, peeps can't make up their damn minds.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

Well I just finished another Akkad, and it's just gone right on past 11 now. Had a Navy SEAL just totally flip out on me. Guy apparently has over 300 confirmed kills, was part of the team that took out Bin Laden, and is the best sniper in the entire US armed forces, and now he's mad at me. I'm hoping he calms down after while, but he said "Consequences will never be the same," so I am a bit worried. People do crazy stuff these days, you know?

It just doesn't make any sense that people are getting so mad about me playing Limbo. I'm starting to think there may be something wrong with Limbo in general.

7 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Well I just finished another Akkad, and it's just gone right on past 11 now. Had a Navy SEAL just totally flip out on me. Guy apparently has over 300 confirmed kills, was part of the team that took out Bin Laden, and is the best sniper in the entire US armed forces, and now he's mad at me. I'm hoping he calms down after while, but he said "Consequences will never be the same," so I am a bit worried. People do crazy stuff these days, you know?

It just doesn't make any sense that people are getting so mad about me playing Limbo. I'm starting to think there may be something wrong with Limbo in general.

Screenshot and send to support.  Threats of violence cannot be tolerated.

Also, I thought SEAL team 6 was wiped out in a series of mysterious, yet totally legit, accidents?

I think you're trumping this up a bit. I've been playing this game for years, 3K hrs by now and nothing even close to this I've ever seen.

Saying that, limbo is still one of most annoying warframes. It kinda prevent doing other frames their thing and people don't appreciate that. 

Pretty certain that OP just went to a popular node to be a d-bag, because he is salty about nerfs. He is taking it out on random people because he is hurt and wants others to feel his pain. This victim act is a cover, he is the same person that said:

On 3/23/2017 at 2:30 AM, Kierlak said:

No it doesn't. Tonfas have no range, they feel awful to use. It'll be Atterax/SLecta everywhere now. Go ahead and prepare yourselves for the upcoming posts about how now it's all of these CHEATER LAZY ATTERAX ABUSERS ARE POWERCREEP DEVALUING MUH PLAYS LOW SKILLZ STEALING MUH KILLZ. I'm gonna have to get serious and find me a good AHK script for the Atterax so I can ruin as many lives as possible.

Because he was salty about the Telos Crutchace nerf.

sorry but if you've been hated on 3 games in a row, you're obviously doing something to irk people. at no point did you think "hang on, maybe people are angry because I'm using Stasis/Cataclysm/something else when I really don't need to? first thing I would do is look at my tactics, and see if there's anything that would annoy me in there (I use myself as the basis because I have very little patience, so if it annoys me, it definitely annoys them)

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Just stop stasising everything, that's a major insult to all the people you're playing with.

to be fair, many squads I've been in could have had the entire Map in Stasis and they'd STILL find a way to go down, they can be that bad. obviously it's the projectile freeze, not the enemy CC annoying them though.

In my country we have a saying:  If one person tells you stink, you may or may not stink, if more people tell you stink, then you can be 100% sure you do.  In your case, it's nigh impossible to meet 9 players that have a problem with you in a row. You must have done something that upset them. 

Edited by aligatorno

Warframe has a pretty large fan-base so you're bound to run into a total jerk eventually. Whenever I play as a frame like Ember or Limbo I always make sure to regulate using the 4th ability to avoid annoying my team mates because I know their pain. Whenever someone else is abusing an ability and ruining all the fun the first thing I do is ask them kindly like a civilized person to bring it down a notch.

But in the end....

Edited by Duckboy3825

5 hours ago, Kierlak said:

I just did 3 Akkads in a row, and in all 3 I was terribly insulted and maligned by literally all 9 other people I was grouped with. All different people. Just trying to mind my own business, hit some mobs, use some powers, get easygoing affinity for focus, and BAM: I get told to kill myself, that I'm cancer, that I'm literally Hitler. 3 games this goes on, does not stop.

I just don't get it. I knew the community for Warframe is fairly toxic, but this is just on another level, and so sudden too. I was thinking about putting another forma on this Limbo, but now, I dunno. Feeling pretty down with all this hate thrown at me for just playing the game, you know? Anyone else getting a sudden rise in hateful, toxic comments?

If you kill and you don't disrupt the game to much, that seems to be fine with me.

If however you kill way faster without abilities, if you stand still and make the game substantially longer for teammates, then i sugest you gain some common sense and start looking at what you're doing.

There are limbos and limbos, some improve the gameplay for the entire team, others simply like to use their powers with no point to it, draging the usually average efficiency on akkad to a near dreadfull ineficient experience.

If you know you're doing well, then keep at it, otherwise rethink the strategy or find ways to improve it.

Edited by KIREEK