The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

Just now, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

*laughs * Let the salt flow.  because it could be much much MUCH more worst.. lv 300 Sentients that are Resitant to the void beam. AND THAT IS ALL YOU CAN USE!!!.. And there is only 300 of them.. don't want to go to hard core on yall

What a argument...
Sure, there can always be something more difficult. Maybe a god mode enemy that is unkillable...

8 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

Peacemaker made short work of him.  Just keep your distance and hope it shows its belly.

Yes, I'm sure that bringing a Limbo and a Mesa or three then parking up on a high spot out of the way might also trivialize the whole mission, but it's incredibly annoying needing to do that just because "surprise! end boss!" kind of thing.

It's like being asked to go wall climbing, having a reasonable amount of fun, then half way up finding out there's a cliff face jutting out above me for 20 kilometers and being told "what? You didn't plan ahead and brought a helicopter?".

This kind of mission is what should be multi-part. Do some parts with something you like playing THEN maybe puzzle out a cheese team for the end encounter.

5 minutes ago, corporatePaladin said:

Wait. People found this hard? How?

Because the majority of the game can be cleared by a macro script. So when they release content that requires more thought than rolling your face across the keyboard, a lot of people are ill equipped for it.

Edited by Ryme

1 minute ago, Ryme said:

Because the majority of the game can be cleared by a macro script. So when they release content that requires more thought than rolling your face across the keyboard, a lot of people are ill equipped for it.

or just go valkyr and hysteria on his spikes :devil:

I literally just jumped on Public with an Excal, apparently the others had the same idea as we had 3x Excal and 1x Wukong. Juggernaut died in under a minute, one guy got downed only.

Just gotta learn what flavour of cheese to go for man.

5 minutes ago, Ryme said:

How the F*** can people think that a level 120 brick wall you have to kill only with your melee (ie spam E) is something that "requires more thought" ?

How long did i have to think before I mashed E instead of ... mashing E ? You can litterally not do anything else.

That's the complete opposite of a challenge. It's a brick wall that require you to use the correct loadout/setup and spam everything you can.

To summarize : that was not hard, that was boring. Learn the bloody difference. The first 10 waves were fun, the last fight was just a complete parody.

Edited by Chewarette

I have to put this here... not all of the design council are this sadistic in their choice of events....think a few people 'wanted the hardest thing possible' and well you know DE they like to troll us....

The first part with level 100-120 infested was a piece of cake, hell even the stalker that turned up was pretty easy but the juggernaut at the end was just annoying because it was one shotting us with invisible projectiles....

Edited by LSG501

2 minutes ago, Ryme said:

Except the majority of people who found this the least difficult used the cheesiest tactics, like putting 300 energy worth of sonar on it and one shotting it, or sitting behind a wall with Naramon Exalted blade for maybe three minutes. It doesn't take much thought at all, it's just "difficult" for the wrong reasons. 

3 minutes ago, DSpite said:

Yes, I'm sure that bringing a Limbo and a Mesa or three then parking up on a high spot out of the way might also trivialize the whole mission, but it's incredibly annoying needing to do that just because "surprise! end boss!" kind of thing.

It's like being asked to go wall climbing, having a reasonable amount of fun, then half way up finding out there's a cliff face jutting out above me for 20 kilometers and being told "what? You didn't plan ahead and brought a helicopter?".

This kind of mission is what should be multi-part. Do some parts with something you like playing THEN maybe puzzle out a cheese team for the end encounter.

I hear you.  Honestly I kind of lucked out by bringing Mesa.  I normally don't run her but I was like "Eh...I never play Mesa anymore.  Lemme whip her out for this alert".  The juggernaut surprised all of us and we died multiple times until the Valkyr face tanked it and kept it occupied enough for me to get some Peacemaker belly shots.

Sounds like the challenge they said was gonna be introduced, so stop crying there's the low level mission for you.

Right now I can think of a Limbo stopping time and an Excal using his 4 to make a kebab, or Valkyr, or Wukong. There are multiple ways, some may even work in solo, you just need to think about it instead of asking for the game to be made easy for you.

Just now, Chewarette said:

How the F*** can people think that a level 120 brick wall you have to kill only your melee (ie spam E) is something that "requires more thought" ?

How long did i have to think before I mashed E instead of ... mashing E ? You can litterally not do anything else.

That's the complete opposite of a challenge. It's a brick wall that require you to use the correct loadout/setup and spam everything you can.

The fact that you still think that you can only mash E, is the problem. Lots of people have already posted different warframes and power combinations to get it done. And all you can think of is mash E.

17 minutes ago, Neo_182 said:

Several ways around this.
Take frames that strip armor from enemies.
Energy Vampire Trinity also helps quite a bit.

It's really not all that hard.

Use a frame that strips armor... Oberon just got a revisit... I think they want us to use Oberon.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Except the majority of people who found this the least difficult used the cheesiest tactics, like putting 300 energy worth of sonar on it and one shotting it, or sitting behind a wall with Naramon Exalted blade for maybe three minutes. It doesn't take much thought at all, it's just "difficult" for the wrong reasons. 

It's called tactics and seems to take more thought than people who couldn't think up such ideas and resorted to starting threads on how the alert was too hard or impossible to do. Were people abusing a glitch or bug to complete it, that would be one thing. But if they figure out that they can combo their abilities and gear in a way to make the fight easier, that's called innovation.

Edited by Ryme