The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RNG ???? What a big lie (with all my respect)

(XBOX)Oussii

I have notice this during the last week.

I went to do a lilth fissure exterminate on E-prime last week

Used the G1 relic (exp),, and for 9 times in a row, i got the same item (was playing solo)....

(Please no one tells me RNG...) just wait till the end.

I changed the relic, used S5, got of course a different item  11 times in a row.

2 days later, the same mission pops up.

so i go again, with G1 (exp). got the same item i got 2 days ago 5 times in a row.

I said the hek with that key, let me test the S5, and again, got the same item i got 2 days ago 4 times in a row.

Yesterday, the same thing happened again with both relics

There is no way on earth that is pure RNG, what are the odds here

the way i see it: RNG mechanism is broken or simply its a lie. (with all my respect to all your efforts)

whatever the case is, please DE do something about it and fix it

Thank you

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ATLongshot said:

Maybe stop running that one mission.  If you can replicate this on other nodes with other types of relics (meso, neo, axi) then it'll start to seem off. 

Man, why would i stop it?

Easy ducats, exterminate on earth, level 7-9

Done in 5 min using ember

RNG could be broken for a specific mission or relic, and could work fine on another one

Like when you used to get stuck on some doors and some not

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

Why don't you go deeper into your conspiracy theory ?

You say that's not RNG. Ok, why not. Then, tell us what it is ?

Is it DE that decided to give you this part because they're evil ?

Is it Baro ?

Is it Corrupted Vor ?

We need to know !

qkdoxh_zpsbtwbzjxt.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=c

Yeah, streaks happen. I got Endo 7 times in a row from the Sorties before they introduced the Ayatan sculpture. 2k 2k 4k 2k, etc, you get the idea. ...And yet, I also got 3 Rivens in a row last week, all for guns I really like (Hema, Grinlok, Mutalist Quanta). TLDR, It's just dumb luck.

Sacrifice a couple goats to RNGesus or something if it makes you feel any better about it. :P

Edited by Jackviator

Nothing is broken. I thought this once when I was farming miter pieces and kept getting everything but one part I needed, I did well over 40 runs. I got so exasperated I asked if anyone else was getting it to drop (they were). 

The fact of the matter is that in a game with so many people, it is statistically likely that sometimes some people will have spurts of bad or unusual luck. 26 million is a lot of registered losers, even if only a tiny fraction of that are active at any given time. 

The truth is that RNG is weighted. What that means is that you are way, way more likely to get a common item, a little more likely to get an uncommon, and very unlikely to get a rare. Random doesn't mean all stuff has the same chance, it is still weighted. There are still factors designed to make it so a majority of what you get will be common. Take that to the extreme and sometimes someone will have bad luck and get nothing but commons they don't need for a bit, a dry spell if you will. It's luck. 

Three of my rivens have been for the furis, what are the odds of that happening? Very, very low, but it is within the realm of possibility, and with so many players and possibilities, it can happen. It is not impossible, it is just very, very, improbable

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I have notice this during the last week.

I went to do a lilth fissure exterminate on E-prime last week

Used the G1 relic (exp),, and for 9 times in a row, i got the same item (was playing solo)....

(Please no one tells me RNG...) just wait till the end.

I changed the relic, used S5, got of course a different item  11 times in a row.

2 days later, the same mission pops up.

so i go again, with G1 (exp). got the same item i got 2 days ago 5 times in a row.

I said the hek with that key, let me test the S5, and again, got the same item i got 2 days ago 4 times in a row.

Yesterday, the same thing happened again with both relics

There is no way on earth that is pure RNG, what are the odds here

the way i see it: RNG mechanism is broken or simply its a lie. (with all my respect to all your efforts)

whatever the case is, please DE do something about it and fix it

Thank you

R.N.G. isn't usually on your side. But it can have a very personal vendetta.

55 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Why don't you go deeper into your conspiracy theory ?

You say that's not RNG. Ok, why not. Then, tell us what it is ?

Is it DE that decided to give you this part because they're evil ?

Is it Baro ?

Is it Corrupted Vor ?

We need to know !

I said either the RNG is BROKEN ( a bug for that mission or relic) or is it a lie,, i don't have any conspiracy theory, but i know that something is NOT RIGHT

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Nothing is broken. I thought this once when I was farming miter pieces and kept getting everything but one part I needed, I did well over 40 runs. I got so exasperated I asked if anyone else was getting it to drop (they were). 

The fact of the matter is that in a game with so many people, it is statistically likely that sometimes some people will have spurts of bad or unusual luck. 26 million is a lot of registered losers, even if only a tiny fraction of that are active at any given time. 

The truth is that RNG is weighted. What that means is that you are way, way more likely to get a common item, a little more likely to get an uncommon, and very unlikely to get a rare. Random doesn't mean all stuff has the same chance, it is still weighted. There are still factors designed to make it so a majority of what you get will be common. Take that to the extreme and sometimes someone will have bad luck and get nothing but commons they don't need for a bit, a dry spell if you will. It's luck. 

Three of my rivens have been for the furis, what are the odds of that happening? Very, very low, but it is within the realm of possibility, and with so many players and possibilities, it can happen. It is not impossible, it is just very, very, improbable

I guess when you get the same part 11 times, then in another 2 different days, it is not a simple luck, or RNG, or chance

In my understanding, there is something wrong, specially that it happened not with one relic, but 2

54 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

qkdoxh_zpsbtwbzjxt.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=c

Yeah, streaks happen. I got Endo 7 times in a row from the Sorties before they introduced the Ayatan sculpture. 2k 2k 4k 2k, etc, you get the idea. ...And yet, I also got 3 Rivens in a row last week, all for guns I really like. TLDR, It's just dumb luck.

Sacrifice a couple goats to RNGesus or something if it makes you feel any better about it. :P

first. i a, sure you were not on solo all the sortie

second, sorties have different missions, no relics

But in my case, same mission, same relic, different day.

Its nothing close to your case

It's like whenever you do a sortie today that had the same  missions 1 week ago with the same squad and you get exactly the same riven mod or reward

I called this before system update now we have duble GRIND and they dont even adress it anymore old players and vererans got burned out on making posts like this 

about RNG not working properly and just left (and then there are the rest of us who invested too much time or money in game)

And nobody can hear our plea idk man its just sad.

Random % allways confuse me.

Is it roll 1D100 and if you have a 5% chance, it adds to your EVERY roll, 

Or 

Is it a 1D100 across many players and based on an average we are not allowed to see,  that 5% is added?

Is this not a "House Allways Wins" system at its heart?

I have for example stopped with maxed Relics because of all my runs I can count rare ones on one hand.

That left me with enough doubts to just play the base Relics and see what happens.

Tinfoil hat add: last time I bought alot for plat the rewards immediately after were the highest I ever had. Made my conspiracy-glasses pop up :)

Feel free to try that out 

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

RNGesus stuff

It's kinda funny, but in another game we calculated the odds of a particular event happening in a dungeon to something like 1 in 5 billion odds, and yet it would happen almost every game. But the devs were adamant it was pure RNG, to the point where it's almost insulting them saying it, where we posted them maths and they just would not budge on their position, thankfully that game died a horrible death.

The point being that often even though you may be right and the RNG might be screwed (I know when 4 ppl all use radiant of the same relic and all get the same bronze drop 2 or 3 times in a row, it seems pretty broken) often Devs will assume it's you and not the code that is busted... PPL don't accept fault too often, particularly something like this.

PS. the game was Firefall and I think it was that in a 20 man raid, 3 epic weapons would drop, and almost every game the same person would get 2 or 3 or the weapons, it was more frequent that 1 person would get all 3 than it was that they would be each spread to 3 individuals (the way to was said to work)... The odds of it happening sequentially became astronomical after 4-5 games, but it still happened, and the Devs still dented anything was wrong. Stubbornness to the point of delusion in this case because we had quite a lot of evidence that the RNG was not working as they said it was.

Edited by Carnage2K4

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I guess when you get the same part 11 times, then in another 2 different days, it is not a simple luck, or RNG, or chance

In my understanding, there is something wrong, specially that it happened not with one relic, but 2

A common part, I assume the relics weren't refined with void traces?

So then, from what you said:

G1 Common * 9

S5 Common * 11

G1 Common * 5

S5 Common * 4

(Then you say "same again" so I'll assume you mean the last day detailed)

G1 Common * 5

S5 Common * 4

So, the G1 has 3 items in it's common tier so that's 25.333% chance of getting the item you did. S1 is the same.

The chances of getting that specific string of luck is simply 0.2533 ^ (9+11+5+4+5+4) which is very very low indeed.

If you are being honest, I suggest you open a support ticket as that is a 1 in 4.59e+22 and even with millions of subscribers that should never happen.

So quit posting on the forums and open a support ticket, if you're on the up-and-up (and DE can check) then it will be looked at.