Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

It was already announced at Tennocon that Umbra will be the next cinematic quest. Plains of Eidolon is coming this year, so Umbra will probably come also with, before, or after Plains of Eidolon.

Just now, Zoknahal said:

It was already announced at Tennocon that Umbra will be the next cinematic quest. Plains of Eidolon is coming this year, so Umbra will probably come also with, before, or after Plains of Eidolon.

After IIRC. Maybe this winter, but I doubt it.

Hopefully Umbra Excal will be a side grade to Excal Prime rather than a down or up

either way is fine though to be honest

but if it went anywhere sideways or upwards would be best

Hail Umbra (or is it hale Umbra?) 

Edited by Bronte
I can't english well

prime frame are not supposed to be orokin designe frame ? Umbra seem more like a rogue frame or a operator who has seem to have loose is original body and get stuck on those iron pupet  like stalker and rell but is this the sacriface well we loose some gameplay and power .

Or has an assasin is formation is complet and up in rank maybe

Edited by Soulname13

32 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

Theory: Primes are Margulis designed and Umbras are Ballas designed. 

Margulis died because she didn't want weaponized Tenno. Ballas is the head of the Warframe Project and responsible for all Orokin designs (both Prime and Umbra).

8 minutes ago, Soulname13 said:

prime frame are not supposed to be orokin designe frame ? Umbra seem more like a rogue frame or a operator who has seem to have loose is original body and get stuck on those iron pupet  like stalker and rell but is this the sacriface well we loose some gameplay and power .

Or has an assasin is formation is complet and up in rank maybe

Or maybe the operator is now a shadow after the sacrifice, meaning that instead of the operator appering when you active it, it is its shadow or an energy illusion (sinde it is now stuck on it), and thus you no longer see your operator sitting on the operator pod, you could still technically edit operators apparence do.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Margulis died because she didn't want weaponized Tenno. Ballas is the head of the Warframe Project and responsible for all Orokin designs (both Prime and Umbra).

Margulis probably made some blueprints for the frames and Ballas made said blueprints. Then Ballas designed some stuff all on his own. The Warframes don't have to be used as weapons, Ballas could of easily implemented that into her designs.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

also to those making statements , one of the disorders [leo] located the area , the "pod" is just fallen decoration , also there is some secret spots there 

operation: find stuff on lua ; has begun ! 

Warframe2585.jpg?width=960&height=540

Warframe2586.jpg?width=960&height=540

Warframe2587.jpg?width=960&height=540

That reminds me... The fallen piece of the pod really reminded me of the Prime Access armour we're soon to getting.

although we dont have much info, im guessing he will be obtained through quest or bought from the market? its got me thinking that things will change and he will be some kind of 1 time access pack etc like a redo of excal prime which im not a fan of. just curious as to who may be able to confirm itll be a quest frame 

3 hours ago, LXVII said:

just curious as to who may be able to confirm itll be a quest frame

No one but DE themselves, but assume for now that given he was in a teaser for the 3rd cinequest, he'll be obtainable from said quest (or at least grant access to another way like the recent frames (hopefully not)).

3 hours ago, LXVII said:

do you mean hopefully we cant buy him from the market like harrow?

I mean hopefully by the end of the quest, we'll have access to the frame via parts or just built, unlike being given only the blueprint (like recent frame quests) and forced to hunt the remainder in very obscure places with abysmal drop rates.

Edited by LazerSkink

I saw an interesting theory on the warframe reddit about Umbra. 

Umbras are the original primes,  humans who sacrificed their bodies to become Warframes for the operators in our time of need (because the orokin did not yet have the ability/idea to make infested suits for our tenno.) 

8 minutes ago, 0some said:

I saw an interesting theory on the warframe reddit about Umbra. 

Umbras are the original primes,  humans who sacrificed their bodies to become Warframes for the operators in our time of need (because the orokin did not yet have the ability/idea to make infested suits for our tenno.) 

Sounds plausible.

18 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Sounds plausible.

Was definitely worth a mention I thought. I like it because it presents the following alignment opportunity; knowing that this warframe was once a human being, will we still choose to possess it? 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

I think what most people don't understand about the Umbra hype was the journey we endured over the last 2 years. To see it finally become a reality is what we were all waiting for.

Oh I know that for a fact, I've quit again warframe due to that, after I saw umbra I just updated my warframe client to the last version so when it releases I'm ready to play with.

And for someone that has a bit of Anxiety that was a damn pain to wait.

Edited by Eminem37