Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

The way you craft/get Umbra will most likely be different from the standard methods, judging by how "sacrifice" seems to be a huge part of Umbra's lore. Other than that, I can't exactly say much else as to how you'll get him.

Edited by Zia_Avenicia

1 hour ago, LesLupus said:

Excalibur Umbra " PRIME " is exclusive to the Chinese Founder's Pack.

The Umbra coming with The Sacrifice is not " PRIME ", it's just Umbra.

Warframe china version is shutting down on 24th of July, at least the playstation servers are, so it really doesnt matter at this point.

Going to break down it a bit in to sections from what I observed.

First of, I only skimmed through most comments, but I couldn't see anyone mentioning the fact the cave was collapsing (might have missed if someone did) might be nothing, but I feel its related somehow. The cave looks somewhat like the moon tileset, maybe we're going back to the moon for this quest, to find some forgotten secret or whatever?

Also, I'm not sure that we'll have to kill or let someone die, like mentioned before in this thread, Sacrifice is not a synonym for killing, and with them saying 'if you could trade, would you?' my thought is probably not someone dying.

'Surely, for their life, yours'  this line is what makes me think we don't have to kill someone, but rather sacrifice something of our own, to save someone, I doubt its the operator that will die, but maybe some of our power? not sure.

And to the last bit, that nikana, do look a lot like the one Teshin uses, but in The war within, his Nikana is Red, in the sacrifice teaser, its just black / white mostly.

16 minutes ago, Luxylol said:

First of, I only skimmed through most comments, but I couldn't see anyone mentioning the fact the cave was collapsing (might have missed if someone did) might be nothing, but I feel its related somehow. The cave looks somewhat like the moon tileset, maybe we're going back to the moon for this quest, to find some forgotten secret or whatever?

Because it is. The area used can be found in-game.

17 minutes ago, Luxylol said:

Also, I'm not sure that we'll have to kill or let someone die, like mentioned before in this thread, Sacrifice is not a synonym for killing, and with them saying 'if you could trade, would you?' my thought is probably not someone dying.

'Surely, for their life, yours'  this line is what makes me think we don't have to kill someone, but rather sacrifice something of our own, to save someone, I doubt its the operator that will die, but maybe some of our power? not sure.

What I see people talking about is that WE will have to be the ones doing the sacrifice.

If this is going into the nature of the Warframes, the Sacrifice ALREADY happened. What will happen is that we will find out what it was.

Well, we know it's a quest, similar to how we get other frames through quests. I'm just happy they have moved on from the old method of granting you the blueprint and making you build each part before the next part of the quest comes around.

If you're talking about what this 'sacrifice' actually is... well the crazy theory going around right now is that Ballas (the creator of several of the Warframes and the voice-over for the Sacrifice trailer) wasn't actually talking to us, the players, during the trailer. He was talking to Margulis, the theory goes, before she died. So it isn't our sacrifice, it's hers. Margulis apparently sacrificed herself to ensure the Tenno survived, and this quest could be the reveal of how that happened.

7 hours ago, RIKENZ said:

Warframe china version is shutting down on 24th of July, at least the playstation servers are, so it really doesnt matter at this point.

Really? That's sad.

8 hours ago, Zia_Avenicia said:

The way you craft/get Umbra will most likely be different from the standard methods, judging by how "sacrifice" seems to be a huge part of Umbra's lore. Other than that, I can't exactly say much else as to how you'll get him.

My hopes is that you must sacrifice the regular version during the quest to transform it into Umbra. And then Founders can either get regular humbra by sacrificing a regular Excal or sacrifice their Excal Prime to get Umbra Prime.

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

My hopes is that you must sacrifice the regular version during the quest to transform it into Umbra. And then Founders can either get regular humbra by sacrificing a regular Excal or sacrifice their Excal Prime to get Umbra Prime.

Umbra Prime(Even though it was exclusive to the Chinese version of Warframe) is still a part of the agreement made with the founders of that version, so Umbra Prime isn't coming. It's just going to be Umbra. Even if the Chinese version is shutting down, the agreement is still there.

I feel excal umbra should be it's own thing. Basically what I mean by that is, umbra should be like a thing only for excalibur so that way we don't have things like volt umbra, mag umbra, etc. I also think excal umbra should have more unique badass abilities rather than the same old excal abilties. That would kinda be lame and wouldn't make any sense to make a whole quest about the new excal umbra who basically has all the traits of regular excal other than the skin. What do you think?

I'd love to see what Umbra versions of the other frames look like. Unless there's something truly unique about Excalibur story-wise that warrants him getting an Umbra version and nobody else, I don't see why there'd be a problem--assuming, of course, the art team can find the time for it.

Just now, NinthAria said:

I'd love to see what Umbra versions of the other frames look like. Unless there's something truly unique about Excalibur story-wise that warrants him getting an Umbra version and nobody else, I don't see why there'd be a problem--assuming, of course, the art team can find the time for it.

Perhaps.

I dont know if anyone has seen or discovered this before, so I thought of sharing what I found.

20170715012417_1.jpg

Found something unusual from the room where Umbra teaser was filmed. (you have to climb wall quite a while to reach this spot; pay attention to minimap)

20170715014218_3.jpg

On the left from entering there is cluster of rocks that can be destroyed.

20170715014220_1.jpg

Partially destroyed already. Note that anything can destroy the rocks, I just decided to do it with Azima/Operator's voidbeam. (there were 2 of the same room in one run)

20170715011756_1.jpg

Completely destroyed and exposed.

20170715012028_1.jpg

Dont know what kind of purpose this cluster will serve, because in this room were only 1-2 normal containers.

20170715012032_1.jpg

Close-up.

I also tested around if other rocks/objects could be destroyed with abilities or weapons; nothing else discovered so far.

Edited by Corial

Just now, Corial said:

Its the room where umbra's teaser was recorded. You need to climb up very long rock wall upwards (check images for minimap positions)

I mean the node where the room is (mission name) also why the hell i'm marked as Novice lol.

Edited by Eminem37

Just now, Eminem37 said:

I mean the node where the room is (mission name) als owhy the hell i'm marked as Novice lol.

The amount of posts and activity counts towards "Forum Mastery Rank", purely cosmetic.

I recommend doing the Crossfire Exterminate mission; Plato. And either solo/invite only or in organized group where your goal is to hunt secrets.

20 minutes ago, VoltTheHero said:

I also think excal umbra should have more unique badass abilities rather than the same old excal abilties

Same abilities, different stats. Unless they have just completely changed the way it will work in the global version of the game. Either way, I'm excited about more lore and things to come. I also don's see the need to just limit umbra to excal. Well have to see how they make the lore work, but I'm going to assume that it wouldn't work with just one frame having a shadow variant. 

1 minute ago, Corial said:

The amount of posts and activity counts towards "Forum Mastery Rank", purely cosmetic.

I recommend doing the Crossfire Exterminate mission; Plato. And either solo/invite only or in organized group where your goal is to hunt secrets.

Alright, I'm going to check this out right now.

20134759_1881117458817534_1380715062_n.jYeah found the room, breakable rocks, but for the look of what I found inside just a explosive cache and another normal cache, seems like a secret room supposed to be there

there is a little lack of details, trying to find something else on this room.

Edited by Eminem37

Perhaps even if someone had no clip and deactivated the "outside of the map respawn system" there would not be a thing in this room, the cinematic was probably recorded on the devbuild, and the room was already there, we just noticed it now because of umbra.

Edited by Eminem37

I would love that umbra frame are staying with the same type of idea (excal stay the sword master) but their power are completly different like instead of slash dash you get shadow hit (teleport to 1 or many enemies to stab them in the back).