Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, Ksaero said:

The parts of tennocon glyph look like Umbra's crescents and I can't unsee it.

WlJBOnr.jpg

You’ve got it all wrong.  It’s foreshadowing the shape of Natah-LOTUS’ CITY-SIZED SPACE FORTRESS/SENTIENT BODY ONCE THE MOON CRACKS IN HALF LIKE AN EGG AND SHE IS REBORN.

(Liset/Orbiter docking enabled, lol).

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

So you’re saying Umbra = powerful But permadeath frame.  THE COMNUNITY WOULD GO CRAZIER THAN THE PARENTS ON THE ZARIMAN. 

Reb’ did mention PD in a devstream...

YESSSSS, MY POPCORN IS READY.

Umbra its just bonus storie from this speculation. The point is that we are sacrificing frames....and thats it,after all quest is about frames...

Edited by Vlada91

38 minutes ago, NikosCool3334 said:

today is the day that most updates happen so expect umbra today or the next week maybe

No to both. U23 will be preceded by a teaser site page, just like all those big updates before.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You’ve got it all wrong.  It’s foreshadowing the shape of Natah-LOTUS’ CITY-SIZED SPACE FORTRESS/SENTIENT BODY ONCE THE MOON CRACKS IN HALF LIKE AN EGG AND SHE IS REBORN.

(Liset/Orbiter docking enabled, lol).

36f1ee77677b04ccac57b21c013b4980.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 8:30 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so far for sacrifice weve had the initial water pod teaser and the trailer from tennocon thats it 

Gotta say, the longer it goes, the more I appreciate your thread, Mako.

I’m daring to believe that the best use of Ballas as a villain is to have him sacrifice our Tenno’s innocence by revealing the truth about our nature.

Transformed, Void-powered killers.

Lotus transforming us through our dreams would be be a wonderful parallel to how Natah transformed into Lotus.

“Dream not of what you are, but what you want to be.”

What if the Tenno chosen for the Warframe program were the most  ruthless of killers, true daughters and sons of the Orokin Emperor and his Executors, further sharpened by the Void’s power?  

What if Lotus saw us as she once was, an instrument of destruction...consumed by it’s purpose?

What if Lotus is the one who stopped us from aging, that we might dream as children and regain our humanity?

Ahhh, but then comes Ballas.

...Supremely intelligent and confident Ballas...wielding the truth and a smile as elegantly and with as deadly a purpose as he would the sword on his hip.

He helps us to remember what we WERE (and are), despite what we dream to be, and it cuts deeper than any knife.

”Choices and The War Within (ourselves)”

So who is the Lotus for you then, based on your choices and this revelation?

Are you simply reborn, all the more grateful for what Lotus has done?

Or do you embrace your “true” self, seeing the Lotus for what she is...a liar furthering her own ends?

The sacrifice could be symbolic of multiple things...

But our innocence would be a truly powerful concept.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 3

Mako, question for you since you might remember off the op of your head: Do you know if Umbra's metallics are on Tint 4? Asking because since Spira and Nikana, which came out with him, were not, I wouldn't be surprised if he used them somewhere else.

EDIT: Nevermind, found this vid and at one point he randomizes colors, which showcase it's indeed Tint 4 (it's the very thumb):

So things will be fine and dandy when he releases :P

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Mako, question for you since you might remember off the op of your head: Do you know if Umbra's metallics are on Tint 4? Asking because since Spira and Nikana, which came out with him, were not, I wouldn't be surprised if he used them somewhere else.

EDIT: Nevermind, found this vid and at one point he randomizes colors, which showcase it's indeed Tint 4 (it's the very thumb):

So things will be fine and dandy when he releases :P

yea spira p layout for color is very .... odd , i belive nikana p was fixed though

I had a dream: DE actually worked on this update ever since the first delay, adding content and then announcing that we should prepare around 4TB of disk space. Any guesses on how likely this would actually happen?

18 minutes ago, Mingcrusher said:

I had a dream: DE actually worked on this update ever since the first delay, adding content and then announcing that we should prepare around 4TB of disk space. Any guesses on how likely this would actually happen?

my guess if this year near winter ... tsd and tww dropped about that time, if sacrifice follows suit then its a likely point of time 

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

my guess if this year near winter ... tsd and tww dropped about that time, if sacrifice follows suit then its a likely point of time 

I'm hoping for release before Tennocon, going by Steve saying they aim to have the quest out before Venus, and they aim for Venus to be out before Tennocon

1 hour ago, Deimos_Lynx said:

>More of 3 years of waiting for umbra

>It's PVP content

Hah, HAHAHAHA

I dont know, but If it was just another frame without a new system it would suck, and the lack of new weapons kinda makes me wounder what are they cooking. And about the PvP content, I prefer pve content but, a lot of mmos focus on PvP for their end game, the weapon balances, the DElay of the kingpin system, the lack of endgame, the darksectros, just makes me wounder if the umbra are meant to be a different class of frame to do this things. I dont know I might be just drunk 

10 hours ago, (PS4)optimusprime786 said:

I hope the other Warframe's will get an Umbra varient too and not just Excalibur. Would love to see that. Possibly a few Warframe's will get the Umbra treatment when The Sacrifice quest drops. 

And I believe The Sacrifice quest will arrive at the end of this month or in the middle of May.

If I remember right they said there will be more Umbras not just Excal. I may be wrong, so many years by now that the information i have is mixed.

On 4/8/2018 at 11:34 AM, (PS4)dillonman202 said:

I'm hoping for release before Tennocon, going by Steve saying they aim to have the quest out before Venus, and they aim for Venus to be out before Tennocon

thus why its a guess, my hope was umbra last winter late 2017 was goal, but due to poe it was bumped back down 

listening to steve on twitter he seems very hopeful it will be done early on , so maybe sooner then i expect 

at this point it drops when it drops and ill cry when i get my umbra  

2 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

If I remember right they said there will be more Umbras not just Excal. I may be wrong, so many years by now that the information i have is mixed.

you are correct 

in FAQ in op is more info 

but basically more umbras , excal is just the first 

they initially stated umbras are more limited then primes, being all frames have a prime , not all get an umbra

i hope thats not the case, as they never repeated that statement , so who knows

its all tied in how umbras work lore wise and mechanically so we will see how many more there are , but suffice to say yes more umbras then just excal 

1 hour ago, NikosCool3334 said:

Excalibur Umbra.Ash Umbra,Loki Umbra,Nekros Umbra,Ivara Umbra,Nidus Umbra the ones i want to be umbra

Mainly gender-specific, eh?

I'll just wait and see what frames will be umbra'd. I don't mind any - it would be interesting though, if they umbra'd kinda new frames first. Like, starting the new lineage with Titania (after Excalibro Umbrah, ofc), for example. Nidus would be too new in my opinion. I just hope we don't have to wait years for a new umbra frame ><"

23 minutes ago, Ermadily said:

Mainly gender-specific, eh?

I'll just wait and see what frames will be umbra'd. I don't mind any - it would be interesting though, if they umbra'd kinda new frames first. Like, starting the new lineage with Titania (after Excalibro Umbrah, ofc), for example. Nidus would be too new in my opinion. I just hope we don't have to wait years for a new umbra frame ><"

kinda want ember umbra