Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

4 hours ago, ViktorDonovan said:

Almost 3 years later...

Almost 84 years.. sorry.

21 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

you are correct 

in FAQ in op is more info 

but basically more umbras , excal is just the first 

they initially stated umbras are more limited then primes, being all frames have a prime , not all get an umbra

i hope thats not the case, as they never repeated that statement , so who knows

its all tied in how umbras work lore wise and mechanically so we will see how many more there are , but suffice to say yes more umbras then just excal 

Thanks, so long waiting that I have mixed all info I had in my head trying to keep the anxiety to get it low.

3 hours ago, Cyndocrit said:

I advise you to get on board.

I advise the opposite due to what I said above, but do what you will (I'm not trying to silence opinions, forgive me if it sounds that way). Steve giving information and apologizing lately changes nothing on the progress of the quest however much they have done, there isn't anything to get hyped over. Personally, I think we're well beyond the information/apology stages. Things like this should have been done with and everyone should have moved on to actual progress a long, long time ago, but that's just me, and I am well aware that I'm a nobody and have no merit and/or right to establish what should and shouldn't be.

I may appear cynical, but the only difference between now and a while ago is someone is actually saying something for once rather than making the umpteenth joke or forcing a segue.

• Like 4

I just hope DE learns from this that it is totally ok to feed the community with a little information (no matter how small) now and then, instead of keeping everything under wraps for months or more, and only giving verbal confirmation that it is on its way.

A small picture and periscope video like what Steve did already put all the devstreams in this and last year to utter shame with regard to the whole Umbra/Sacrifice affair.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

I advise the opposite due to what I said above, but do what you will (I'm not trying to silence opinions, forgive me if it sounds that way). Steve giving information and apologizing lately changes nothing on the progress of the quest however much they have done, there isn't anything to get hyped over. Personally, I think we're well beyond the information/apology stages. Things like this should have been done with and everyone should have moved on to actual progress a long, long time ago, but that's just me, and I am well aware that I'm a nobody and have no merit and/or right to establish what should and shouldn't be.

I may appear cynical, but the only difference between now and a while ago is someone is actually saying something for once rather than making the umpteenth joke or forcing a segue.

I get it.  You got on the train once and it ran for a while and...dropped you back where you started.  So until “Destination: Complete” ticket sales are official, no amount of marketing is getting you back on.

A lot of rework/new content has hit over that time, and I’m of the mindset that I’ll take the development and business model challenges/set-backs that come with pursuing ambitions to grow the game. 

I guess in one sense, I’m a perpetual founder (if not actual).  Steve and company have never waivered in making the game they want to make, and have been adept at navigating the often rough waters that lead to development and financial success.

The last thing I want is for them to compromise now to get it out.

Integrity withstands the disappointments of expectation.

• Like 1

this is a free game that the de staff put time and effort into and they do have limited staff 

weve had numerous big updates/changes made in the last three years, things that have been long standing needing fixes and lots of new content 

the sacrifice/umbras ect as a new series will alter squad and gameplay dynamics and weve already had repeated weapon, focus, warfarme changes to get tot his point 

and new damage 2.0 is on the horizon also 

after watching the documentaries i only feel pride in being apart of this community and i want them to keep putting out content they can be proud of.

if that means it takes longer then we want, well im down with waiting 

1 minute ago, Aleksi134 said:

Well its almost done, of course they are.

Indeed.

1 minute ago, Caliboom said:

Wait, does this mean it'll be released before Tennocon?

They mentioned they intend for the quest to be available before Tennocon a few devstreams ago. Considering Venus open world was revealed as well, I'm dying to know what they will reveal at the event.

• Like 1

Just now, Caliboom said:

Wait, does this mean it'll be released before Tennocon?

I heard rumours of it being released before tennocon so they could focus on Venus for tennocon. Think it was from a  YouTube but can't remember who or when this was rumoured so take it with a grain of salt. But tbh it makes the most sense.