Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, Ermadily said:

On the same note, that is what ruined TWW, me thinks. DE wants to surprise us, so, they keep reaaaaally silent. I can wait - just don't make me wait for nothing. >.>

Tww was ruined mainly by the delays. On the other hand, DE made an amazing job at teasing TSD without spoiling anything. Iirc, they showed part of the intro in stream and published this simple picture: 9bf5d1c2e8bea2ba141edca7235feb051d979d02

3 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Tww was ruined mainly by the delays. On the other hand, DE made an amazing job at teasing TSD without spoiling anything. Iirc, they showed part of the intro in stream and published this simple picture: 9bf5d1c2e8bea2ba141edca7235feb051d979d02

My bad, I wasn't paying attention to quests back then, me being a newbie and all that. I wish I did tho. Sadly, I can't change the past .- .

Somehow I feel that its likely that no matter what DE brings with Umbra it is not gonna justify (from an intriguing stand point) an almost 3 year wait with almost 0 information not to mention that it has been delayed yet again. Just my opinion so don't hate :). Also I'm saying this from an Umbra point of view and not about the lore of Warframe

Back on topic:  This is a beautiful reference to what I have now believed for a long time (anyone who has followed me knows).

You want Umbra and a true Transference connection?  Better come to terms with and master that part of yourself that was denied/removed for performance reasons... 

YOUR TENNO is the low-ranking guardian far away from the ceremony...unable to do anything, it rather his/her guilty subconscious.

As you slept, you could not resolve your actions.  So your shadow walked desolate worlds in search of resolution...or more accurately, Justice and Retribution. 

For those thinking this is a novel concept, it was explored in the great Sci/-Fi movie FORBIDDEN PLANET over 60 years ago with a young Leslie Nielsen.  Go watch if so inclined or wiki the cliff-notes.  The parallels are startling.

OH, and just so DE knows my stance for the record:

STALKER FRAME > Excaliber Umbra frame.  If I had to choose.  Which would you choose?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

What if Umbra Frames pushed their base abilities to a certain extent?

No Im not talking power wise, more like a default integrated augment. For example: Mirage Umbra could have her Hall of Mirrors doppelgangers split and act like specters for the remainder of the duration, slight of hand could switch objects and enemies appearances, eclipse could render mirage totally invisible in the dark and could blind in the light, and prism could follow mirage instead of bouncing around.

it sounds too op, but i imagine this being used solely for an endgame purpose facing off high level enemies and such (possibly the new "dark sectors")

also, another theory: the frames i take it were made for specific tenno of their time. the ones we have are essentially "free" copies of the original frame. what if umbras are the original frames and that the tenno that created them and is the reason for their existence is still alive, but evil like the stalker, and in order for us to obtain the frames and bring balance we need to kill the evil tenno?

That, OR, the umbras have the original tenno stuck in them due to some void transference malfunction or sheer will to forever be bound to them and we need to essentially exorcise the tenno out of the frames.

this is what i think, obviously theres no way its true unless stated by the devs, but in the event that it is omg id have a heart attack cuz thats like cracking the davinci code. Anyways, please let me know what yall think about it.

• Like 1

It would be nice if Umbra frames had slightly different abilities but were more or less balanced with their Prime counterparts so that none of them loses their value.

But if so, Excalibur Umbra should have an option to switch between Umbra and Prime/Vanilla kits for obvious reasons.

It's been awhile since they've talked about it so plans could have obviously changed, but the last time they did talk about their plans for Umbra Frames they said that they were not skins (because there was no point to that between Premium and Tennogen) and that they'd somehow work differently from their normal versions. My guess is stats might be slightly different and they'll probably have modified powers. Not so different from the base that they have to program an entirely new power set, but different enough that the frame plays differently enough to justify making.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Like 1

What if umbra frames have an extra slot :O

Edit: An augment dedicated mod slot to be more precise.  This gave me the idea:

hace 51 minutos, Rauxa9 dijo:

more like a default integrated augment

Edited by theraot

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so far for sacrifice weve had the initial water pod teaser and the trailer from tennocon thats it 

q4GTbmR.jpgIf we have to track Ballas and his shadowframe to the deepest hells of the Void we will...

SWGlta6.jpgThe darkness will not save him...

jCIekXZ.jpgWhether by frame’s power or our own hands...

jNEaLpw.jpgBallas will look into our eyes and know...

E3sy1cU.jpg

The inevitability of his end is waiting.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

22 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

That would be me if PoE released after Umbra, yes I have not played warframe yet til umbra comes out.

Sadly I mostly log in just to receive the daily reward. Old content revision is nice but I'd rather have Umbra before that.

17 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

hey look, it's the promo poster

Hide contents

a1f00b27e0cce8317ec8bdad0e0d3d5f-png.jpg

seems legit

15 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Looks like Chinaframe got PoE update recently.

giphy.gif

rOCjMYx.jpg

Neqc4pt.jpg

6xehjnS.jpg

nBwWh6I.jpg

GrgWPUn.jpg

VcmZotz.jpg

LxwBBI5.jpg

nice!

17 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

q4GTbmR.jpgIf we have to track Ballas and his shadowframe to the deepest hells of the Void we will...

SWGlta6.jpgThe darkness will not save him...

jCIekXZ.jpgWhether by frame’s power or our own hands...

jNEaLpw.jpgBallas will look into our eyes and know...

E3sy1cU.jpg

The inevitability of his end is waiting.

balas must be ended 

We who're blind the hole time, sacrifice is about sacrificing warframes. DE did say upcoming cinematic quest is about warframes,and we like operators that are main character in the game and more important then a just frame. That is why we create frames to fight for you and so that you dont sacrifice your life in battle,so instead we have frames for that. And simple it is just that. Balas creating them so he can say maybe like, I did that so that they can fight our fight and sacrifice they life's for ours... but in so many ways we did see that our operator are not going to let that happened,for example with Quinn and stalker. And as we operators are saviors for all frames,we get umbra frame that see as like some protector for all warframes and worthy of his attention so that now is the time that maybe umbra come and be part of our side like your guardian...

Edited by Vlada91

On 02/04/2018 at 5:04 AM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

If we have to track Ballas and his shadowframe to the deepest hells of the Void we will... The darkness will not save him... Whether by frame’s power or our own hands... Ballas will look into our eyes and know... The inevitability of his end is waiting.

(Insert When the cringe is too strong gif here.)

Seriously this is fan-fiction level cringe.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

55 минут назад, Ksaero сказал:

The parts of tennocon glyph look like Umbra's crescents and I can't unsee it.

WlJBOnr.jpg

It seems that you take information from Russian VK public (my friend umbra screenshots and this tennogen glyph theory). You Excalibur Umbra from VK isnt it?

Edited by ---UMBRA---

41 minutes ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

It seems that you take information from Russian VK public (my friend umbra screenshots and this tennogen glyph theory). You Excalibur Umbra from VK isnt it?

Yeah I am. Not really serious about this thing though :D

4 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

We who're blind the hole time, sacrifice is about sacrificing warframes. DE did say upcoming cinematic quest is about warframes,and we like operators that are main character in the game and more important then a just frame. That is why we create frames to fight for you and so that you dont sacrifice your life in battle,so instead we have frames for that. And simple it is just that. Balas creating them so he can say maybe like, I did that so that they can fight our fight and sacrifice they life's for ours... but in so many ways we did see that our operator are not going to let that happened,for example with Quinn and stalker. And as we operators are saviors for all frames,we get umbra frame that see as like some protector for all warframes and worthy of his attention so that now is the time that maybe umbra come and be part of our side like your guardian...

So you’re saying Umbra = powerful But permadeath frame.  THE COMNUNITY WOULD GO CRAZIER THAN THE PARENTS ON THE ZARIMAN. 

Reb’ did mention PD in a devstream...

YESSSSS, MY POPCORN IS READY.