Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

I hope there is more lore to Umbra. I think DE still left a lot of mysterious on purpose.

"Lua gives you strength"

What does the moon have to do with Umbra? Is it to do with "dreams"? 

I would like to know more about Umbra besides the infested process attached to a Human (like we saw how the Dax transformed). 

2 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

I'm not expecting this any time soon given it was still in pencil sketch stages upon reveal (along with the fact Keith admitted making a tileset around one still very mysterious faction is quite difficult. The Sacrifice's ending has given me a shred of hope, however, that they finally have an idea down (unless they bit off more than they could chew again).

Dont forget the Railships that also went along with that reveal. They also showed early concepts of the Lenz during a weapons workshop(i attended) at tennocon last year and the lenz came out not far after. 

Im willing to bet that the Sentient Outposts is apart of this "secret project" that was referenced during the last devstream or is a piece of that. At the first tennocon Steve said the future of warframe was to leave the Origin System, With the end of the last quest. Were likely getting a new starchart of Tao.....these outposts have to be apart of that. 

20 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I hope there is more lore to Umbra. I think DE still left a lot of mysterious on purpose.

"Lua gives you strength"

What does the moon have to do with Umbra? Is it to do with "dreams"? 

I would like to know more about Umbra besides the infested process attached to a Human (like we saw how the Dax transformed). 

yea there is still plenty of mystery

Spoiler

we know umbra excalibur was sealed on lua and vitruvians were found, possibly more data as we only used a few of the sections in the vitruvian codex

oh also 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

I would love to have an Umbra Equinox, however I don't see that happening in Warframe for a while (this makes me sad). :tired:

I think were getting 9 Umbra frames. I base this off of "Subject 9" 

Excal, Mag, Ember, Trinity, Loki, Ash, Volt were first 8. Frost being the 9th added and the second Primed warframe available to us. Theres your 9 subjects. Multiple times Umbra has been discussed as a possible limited release, we received 1 already I think heres where the other 8 will come from. 

I think Subject 9 not only refers to the Excal Umbra, cosidering hes was the first Prime and Umbra the Umbra frames will come from the frames we were first introduced to. The OG frames get the Umbra treatment as these are the oldest and Origional frames introduced, makes sense to have your Umbras(MK1 basically) your Umbra frames lore wise.

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duachim

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

I think were getting 9 Umbra frames. I base this off of "Subject 9" 

Excal, Mag, Ember, Trinity, Loki, Ash, Volt were first 8. Frost being the 9th added and the second Primed warframe available to us. Theres your 9 subjects. Multiple times Umbra has been discussed as a possible limited release, we received 1 already I think heres where the other 8 will come from. 

I think Subject 9 not only refers to the Excal Umbra, cosidering hes was the first Prime and Umbra the Umbra frames will come from the frames we were first introduced to. 

There is a part of me that kind of wishes DE would just introduce a new resource and make it that we can use parts from the regular frames to make Umbra frames, granted that would require a LOT of work on their part.

2 hours ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

Wasn't umbra supposed to have altered abilities when compared to the "original" frame?
I'm a bit disappointed it's just a carbon copy (and no, howling instead of raising your sword to stun enemies doesn't count).

It wasn’t said anywhere that he’d have altered or different abilities. All we knew was that he was destined to be different in some way. I guess what we got is DE’s answer. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

5 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

a project art im workings on, with so many milestones broken i decided to try and do a good art piece to commemorate them 

sketch1529847957700.png

This is being 'worked on'? Looks good already. If the sketch already exudes this much awesome, I can't wait to see it coloured.
And I need Operator Katana in my life yesterday. Perhaps Umbra will teach us how to do it with our squishy real bodies, like he seems to be in this picture.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

This is being 'worked on'? Looks good already. If the sketch already exudes this much awesome, I can't wait to see it coloured.
And I need Operator Katana in my life yesterday. Perhaps Umbra will teach us how to do it with our squishy real bodies, like he seems to be in this picture.

i tend to do a lot of lineart so im getting better at developing it , ive often drawn my operator with umbra excal and using a katana , im hoping one day we get operator melee and it becomes a thing 

after the lineart is cleaned ill start grey scale shading then color then lighting render 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i tend to do a lot of lineart so im getting better at developing it , ive often drawn my operator with umbra excal and using a katana , im hoping one day we get operator melee and it becomes a thing 

after the lineart is cleaned ill start grey scale shading then color then lighting render 

I'm telling you, second I get the option to give my Operator a sword, I'm taking it. Katana, Exalted Blade lite or Longsword, I'm doing it. It feels more appropriate to give the more human Operators a more 'old ways' weapon like that. Even if it is amped up with void magic. Especially, come to think of it. It'd serve well for the themes of duality that the Tenno embody. Gun and Blade, Mind and Body, Machine and Magic.

Looking forward to the end result!

• Like 1