Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

23 hours ago, butka1998 said:

Guess we will find out in... around ... 3 years? 😄 

oof xD 

23 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Highly possible, it was stated that the Warframes were designed after the Tenno's dreams and wishes.(or something along the line)

Also seems like a story connection there, the Tenno fighting the sentient and defending the Tower as Gara and later returning as the Warden to keep the sentient(eidolon) from coming back before eventually failing.

it makes sense as they are similar and as weve seen fo other tenno/frame combos had a role like inaros, nidus ect

• 2 weeks later...

Now that you think about it... Its really a quality of what the possibility truely is. But umbra is an warframe, the warframes you face in the quests now is construct of specters of the past protecting an post as in ghosts. Theres still no question asked about LUX frames which is also a thing... Have you forgotten?

5 hours ago, rouch3200 said:

It was about the moral side. An Umbra which was going too be the dark side. And Lux beeing the light side. If they were gonna make the morality in the game Lux would be the good side.

And... where did they say that?

I wouldn't be opposed to a 'Lux' frame in theory, but it's probably a bit too early to be looking into the concept right now.

We're barely into Umbras yet. I'm betting we'll see them in Railjack somehow. They implied Dark Sectors will have something to do with Railjack, and where better to find shadowy frames than shadowy space?

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a 'Lux' frame in theory, but it's probably a bit too early to be looking into the concept right now.

We're barely into Umbras yet. I'm betting we'll see them in Railjack somehow. They implied Dark Sectors will have something to do with Railjack, and where better to find shadowy frames than shadowy space?

makes sense 

personally i wouldnt mind if say we had to create some umbras using excal umbra [due to his virus strain] 

it would be darker but that could lead into lux types as maybe a friend or quest character feels strongly they want to fight with us and we have to do that to battle sentient as an example

as i see it we have some scenarios  

• discover umbra blueprints in mini quests 
  • darksector zones discover sealed away umbras and/or their parts by rng drops
  • purposeful seeking them via rail jack to gather more frames to better fight sentient 
  • as of yet unkown drop system 

33 minutes ago, (XB1)DragonBoltor45 said:

Lux? Can someone remind of what a lux is?

Basically, Lux frames are a speculative counterpart to Umbra frames. Tying into the whole 'yin yang' and balance aspects of Warframe I believe. Basically, if Primes are the balanced, complete frames, then Umbras are one side of that and Lux are the others.

It's an interesting concept, even if there's nothing official about it yet.

2 hours ago, (XB1)DragonBoltor45 said:

Lux? Can someone remind of what a lux is?

Lux was stated as a fan concept by players 

per whats stated were umbra was created using a horrible memory and one who was unwilling the lux are frames who did it willingly and carry a good memory 

Lux is the coined term as it means light in latin , basically they are still a umbra but a willing one 

another possible outcome , as primes are commonly described as the light frames they are the likely candidates 

from what we know per vitruvian all frames still have their minds and can move of their own, as seen in the second dream, umbra unlike prime or vanilla was not restricted or able to be restricted to be in a doll like state, a ready to go surrogate and had to willingly allow the operator control 

Ballas: --We had created monsters we couldn't control. We drugged them, tortured them, eviscerated them... We brutalized their minds... but it did not work.

Ballas: And it was not their force of will - not their Void devilry - not their alien darkness... it was something else. It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing--
Ballas: And take away its pain.

ballas specifically states they could not control the minds of the frames , and with us the tenno we were able to calm the frames allowing them to be piloted and possibly tweaked then by the orokin to keep them in a sort of coma mental state allowing tenno to use the bodies and restricting the frames ability to do so 

at this time a Lux frame refers to a frame non umbra ,that has broken the bonds that constrained it and is able to be sentient and move of its own accord and will aka make the umbra passive a universal one , and a pointless one as the current umbra AI is very bad imo 

some hypothesis and thought on the frame 

at this time we know all frames we wield are perfect clones of the originals aka proven by being able to perfectly reconstruct umbra and his memories and sentience  ect

meaning the foundry can infact clone 100% of a body and mind state, so one can assume every frame is then a clone of their originator frame the prime.

now as an explanation of the non primes,  orokin created variation clones that could be mass produced without orokin tech [what classifies as a prime] and be made of easier to gather resources and parts with near the same ability and performance which then explains the creation of the non prime frames. basically they were genetically and physically reigneneered versions of the primes to be a low cost substitute that could still perform closely with the primes

it would then explain that each frame [prime] was created as a individual that was transformed , this semi follows the hypothesis on the frame creation -attached them if anyone wants to read

Spoiler

as we know ballas stated some willing some not , this could very well lead to more dynamic stories for the umbras to come as then some may be a willing person or like umbra a tortured soul 

at this time DE has not yet let us know of the next umbras but we can still possibly find clues

one thought a while back was that prime frames colors reflect what the opposite  umbra should be colore aka all white primes get and umbra and this then later links with the Lux theory that all dark prime frames get a Lux 

but we wont know more till the story progresses 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was discussing this with friends, so instead of creating an umbra versions of current warframes and make people who paid money for prime warframes angry, why not created an event were elites and good players can get the umbra formas. special unique polarities set and very limited in number, so even founders with prime excalibur can even pushed it more with those unique formas. That way I guess less work on creating content for DE, just 1 generic event with limited drops and leave it to the people to chose which frame to use it on. Personally I created a double of each prime frame just to add those umbral mods and its painfull to leave the exulis adapter and one more slot empty for that. and am not founder but I think founders deserve better for allowing us to enjoy this game. hint: not saying that DE not treat them well or anything but umbral excalibur is potentially better than the prime one as far as heard.

i dont see how prime owners would be mad, as its just another variant with different stats 

we know this line will comprise of frames besides excal , tbd at the moment as it seems fortuna and new war and rail jack have the teams focus

as i see it creating umbral formas might not be e bad thing but its kind of the one factor the umbras have besides the ai sentient mode [which isnt very good ai at the moment]

besides that locking it behind an event would create gaps of when its not up causing frustration at waiting for its return 

• Like 2

It's been said countless times. Even by founders who are MUCH less vocal than those very few that are upset and caused a racket; "DE broke no contract. It's not Excal Prime. I now have 3 awesome versions"
Let that conversation die already.

Now why I came to post here in the first place~

Anyone else notice the subtle effect of Umbra ducking when you aim toward him in operator mode, even when he's facing away from you? It's a very nice touch and really lends to the entire feel of "One mind two bodies"
I'm sure most players have but still, just something nifty.

Spoiler

i2R0iHk.jpg

Spoiler

plCa1fZ.jpg

Spoiler

fE2MJrI.jpg

Edited by RetroNomad
Added pics for fun

3 hours ago, RetroNomad said:

It's been said countless times. Even by founders who are MUCH less vocal than those very few that are upset and caused a racket; "DE broke no contract. It's not Excal Prime. I now have 3 awesome versions"

Anyone else notice the subtle effect of Umbra ducking when you aim toward him in operator mode, even when he's facing away from you? It's a very nice touch and really lends to the entire feel of "One mind two bodies"

Hide contents

i2R0iHk.jpg

Hide contents

plCa1fZ.jpg

Hide contents

fE2MJrI.jpg

Well, hey, I never actually noticed that. I usually have him playing cover fire so he's often behind me, but this little tidbit is awesome!

Now if only amps were useful in places other than Corpus missions and Eidolon Hunts. Then I might actually be able to use this feature.

I really hope Fortuna's quill equivalent comes with a substantial power-up for the Operator, they're just not able to make use of one of the best narrative upgrades I've seen in a while. 

9 hours ago, RetroNomad said:

I think it's actually because that's what pets do. DE added that feature last year I think, where pets will duck when you aim at them so that they don't block your shots. So I guess specters or maybe just Umbra has that same AI.

Maybe it just means that Umbra is our pet.........

2 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I think it's actually because that's what pets do. DE added that feature last year I think, where pets will duck when you aim at them so that they don't block your shots. So I guess specters or maybe just Umbra has that same AI.

Maybe it just means that Umbra is our pet.........

yes i belive your correct on the time frame and yes i noticed it

hes decent with shotguns or aoe weapons but his accuracy tends to drop off fast when i use op mode 

i tend to have zenith on him and he cant even figure out to use alt fire, saddens me 

let alone that he cant seem to use his 4 by himself anymore 

12 hours ago, RetroNomad said:

Reveal hidden contents

i2R0iHk.jpg

Hide contents

plCa1fZ.jpg

Hide contents

fE2MJrI.jpg

5 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes i belive your correct on the time frame and yes i noticed it

hes decent with shotguns or aoe weapons but his accuracy tends to drop off fast when i use op mode 

i tend to have zenith on him and he cant even figure out to use alt fire, saddens me 

let alone that he cant seem to use his 4 by himself anymore 

Well, I run with the Tiberon Prime and he seems to be an expert marksman with that thing. The only thing I really see Umbra use power-wise is Radial Howl and maybe Slash Dash, but I'm fine with that because Radial Howl is good CC.

11 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Well, I run with the Tiberon Prime and he seems to be an expert marksman with that thing. The only thing I really see Umbra use power-wise is Radial Howl and maybe Slash Dash, but I'm fine with that because Radial Howl is good CC.

mine tends to hit but the grouping is not sub moa 

powerwise 123 is what he uses but 2 is most used