Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

I had hoped they would just make Umbral Forma unlock Warframe, or Prime Warframes, independence/inner psychy, that way it wouldn't be such a burden to develop more Umbras. But maybe it would be better to allow a repeatable quest, for certain primes, to unlock Umbra.

I certainly don't want duplicates of several frames that I have primes for already. Excalibur Umbra is great because we didn't have a Prime available to most players, what am I gonna do with all these primes if they have separate alternatives? Are they gonna be sold like all my original unprimed variants? 

Edited by BahamutKaiser

18 hours ago, OniDax said:

Take another look at Wisp and her abilities as well.

yes im aware , just was being funny 

15 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

The mote is Umbra confirmed.

slap gold on it and we know what its prime/umbra variation will look like lol 

13 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

I had hoped they would just make Umbral Forma unlock Warframe, or Prime Warframes, independence/inner psychy, that way it wouldn't be such a burden to develop more Umbras. But maybe it would be better to allow a repeatable quest, for certain primes, to unlock Umbra.

I certainly don't want duplicates of several frames that I have primes for already. Excalibur Umbra is great because we didn't have a Prime available to most players, what am I gonna do with all these primes if they have separate alternatives? Are they gonna be sold like all my original unprimed variants? 

well the variants are just that a variation, umbras are a side grade to the prime 

the excal U VS excal P was to be equal in stats so non founders could have that long awaited excal upgrade 

now it is not known if all umbras like this will retain same stats, they could have a varied stat system compared to the primes, which would allow you to choose and make different loadouts compared to the prime variant.

EXAMPLEs

say you preferred more armor and HP on a rhino umbra than that of the rhino prime, at the loss of rhino primes energy

or say nyx umbra has more armor and sprint speed, but nyx prime has more HP and energy

this would allow you to make different builds and vary out your play style and squads that could contain prime & umbras to do different methods of play

as to the other umbras , we know they all come with a umbra polarity to naturally use umbra mods , and possibly AI specter mode when your in operator

if the theme with excal u stays that we get an anti sentient power that strips adaption from sentients, thats not much different then say a prime with paracesis or shedu 

talks were for essence of umbra to implement a way for primes to do that also

but the AI mode has its own issue with things like boss fights and such , frame hp bieng reduce while say a prime variant or normal is not  harmed while we are in that mode

its a classic double edge sword so to speak

both frame sets can naturally work well in combat

Now tactically you can see that :

primes are geared via death orbs passive to guard orokin structures and get energy in bursts to retain fighting prowess (home field advantage) 

likewise the umbras are more geared to fight away from orokin structures and be out in the field , gaining an advantage over sentients  (away team advantage) 

1 hour ago, OniDax said:

Oh, I know. But with Wisp's abilities, I really want to see a Wisp Prime or even Wisp Umbra.

prime is a given, umbra is possible shed be a good candidate 

1 hour ago, Deshiel said:

Who do you want to be your next Umbra?

its hard to say for myself, as I like and use a lot of the known frames. id honestly accept any xD 

given the umbras could be made darker themed plenty of really interesting design choices could be done for themes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So let me start by apologising if this has come up before in the 360+ pages, but I really didn't feel like looking through each and every post for the answer to my relatively simple question.

I was wondering if there's any info regarding the alternate Excal Umbra helmet the Chinaframe version got, specifically if there's any indication it'll be released on our version(or stated it won't)? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)JoskeCheret said:

So let me start by apologising if this has come up before in the 360+ pages, but I really didn't feel like looking through each and every post for the answer to my relatively simple question.

I was wondering if there's any info regarding the alternate Excal Umbra helmet the Chinaframe version got, specifically if there's any indication it'll be released on our version(or stated it won't)? 

no worries asking questions is never wrong

I believe you are asking about the excalibur umbra beast helm 

aukR5MTiV_icaK3eG5sykm1arDDwy_O56eCvYoIJPA0.png500.png

this was strictly given out to stararmor (chinaframe) founders when the sacrifice went to them

per changyou letter all chinaframe assets have a 30 day exclusivity 

but then there are still numerous assets that have long been overdue to be given to the global build.

(examples is rubido line of weapons, the staff used by trinity spectar in junction, and many more) 

• 2 weeks later...

so with the coming of heart of Deimos lore , we know we learn more about the void and the family who were tasked behind it. i do wonder if various noble families were tasked to similar fates, or maybe different ones. 

in that if we learn more behind what empowers frames, maybe we will learn of new things of umbras or maybe frames in general 

I'm not sure if the use of Umbra necessarily means anything, but it does indicate that he's becoming Warframe's flagship to an extent, which is nice. Given that he's the closest thing to our canonical Warframe it lends a nice feeling of connection.

• Like 1