Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I don't care if we get 1 at the time at least we get a umbra new mods then I'll be $##! happy about it.

well thats a good suggestion 

1 umbra mod per umbra , though if you get another umbra would you get dupes

like as an example

1st ember umbra = umbra streamline

2nd ember umbra =/= another?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well thats a good suggestion 

1 umbra mod per umbra , though if you get another umbra would you get dupes

like as an example

1st ember umbra = umbra streamline

2nd ember umbra =/= another?

doesn't matter just improvised it.

tenor.gif?itemid=15737430

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

that was shelved last i heard , did vote on it

because it was awful in the state they announced it (24 hours sentience, no abilities, just using primary fire). Devs said they are going to release it in the future with changes and that was the last thing I knew about it, unless your info is after that.

44 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

because it was awful in the state they announced it (24 hours sentience, no abilities, just using primary fire). Devs said they are going to release it in the future with changes and that was the last thing I knew about it, unless your info is after that.

Honestly it was just a horrible idea and takes away from the uniqueness of Umbra(s) which is why I voted against it.

I'd rather them release Umbra frames every now and then, some little lore on it if anything, atleast 1 altered ability and thats it.

Given this year with Scarlet Spear has been rough on DE I doubt Umbra is on their top priorities at the moment. and with Ballas being...well you know I doubt he can introduce us to more Umbras.

I'd say the most likely source of Umbras may be the Duviri Paradox but given info on that is limited, this is complete speculation, the only thing I can draw towards is the golden metallics of Duviri and its inhabitants might relate and with the Void's madness, it might serve as a conduit, to Twist the frames.

EDIT: Actually, that could be a good reason. The travel to Tau and exposure to the Void is what caused the Sentients to become sapient. Perhaps the same can happen to our metal puppets.

Edited by Zahnny

1 hour ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Honestly it was just a horrible idea and takes away from the uniqueness of Umbra(s) which is why I voted against it.

I'd rather them release Umbra frames every now and then, some little lore on it if anything, atleast 1 altered ability and thats it.

THe thing is that doesn't make sense lroewise because the "special strain" was used just to make excalibur umbra according to Ballas words. He personally created a different strain of the helminth to left just 1 painful and agonizing memory inside excal umbra's mind, as punishment for ruining his plans (ballas plans) and the death of Margullis because of that. That memory was what we saw on the quest. Ballas didn't imply he used that strain on other subjects, but we know DE can eventually change that a little with new info, but due their apporach with the "echoes of umbra" and also their statement about it (probably more umbra frames but not on the same fashion as excal, that means no quest or no lore), that's why I think we will get more likelly a reworked version of echoes and not a umbra frame itself. More umbra frames would also take the uniqueness of umbra, he has the altered ability based on his eternal grief, not because he is umbra.

7 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Given this year with Scarlet Spear has been rough on DE I doubt Umbra is on their top priorities at the moment. and with Ballas being...well you know I doubt he can introduce us to more Umbras.

I'd say the most likely source of Umbras may be the Duviri Paradox but given info on that is limited, this is complete speculation, the only thing I can draw towards is the golden metallics of Duviri and its inhabitants might relate and with the Void's madness, it might serve as a conduit, to Twist the frames.

EDIT: Actually, that could be a good reason. The travel to Tau and exposure to the Void is what caused the Sentients to become sapient. Perhaps the same can happen to our metal puppets.

That would be the case too, but I'm not entirely sure because it would be mandatory to have 1 "twisted" frame to get to duviri and a lot of people don't even like excal umbra because his sentience. One would say "just take umbra then!" but what if they don't want to use him?

15 hours ago, xHeretic said:

last i recall dc had to vote then later  suggest implementation due to negative feedback , but that was months ago and given state of things its presumable shelved as no further talks have occured 

personally my suggestion was umbra echos should be way to locate new umbras maybe in duviri or like in darksectors to come .. as per vitruvian other frames can supposedly move on their own so id just state make it a toggle ability to have ai function and have it as a infinite BP that allows for a restraint release mechanism to fully allow for the ai to then work on any frame , similar to a catalyst 1 restraint unlock per frame and you just have to make them 

its not perfect but was a  thought 

13 hours ago, Zahnny said:

time and adaption from tau that generated sentience as the void effect was caused when they opened void gates to come back to us to kill humanity in a premptive strike /old war

so if thats true all the other "sentient" are still womb intact a on tau, aka in prime and full power ?

23 hours ago, xHeretic said:

THe thing is that doesn't make sense lroewise because the "special strain" was used just to make excalibur umbra according to Ballas words. He personally created a different strain of the helminth to left just 1 painful and agonizing memory inside excal umbra's mind, as punishment for ruining his plans (ballas plans) and the death of Margullis because of that. That memory was what we saw on the quest. Ballas didn't imply he used that strain on other subjects, but we know DE can eventually change that a little with new info, but due their apporach with the "echoes of umbra" and also their statement about it (probably more umbra frames but not on the same fashion as excal, that means no quest or no lore), that's why I think we will get more likelly a reworked version of echoes and not a umbra frame itself. More umbra frames would also take the uniqueness of umbra, he has the altered ability based on his eternal grief, not because he is umbra.

That would be the case too, but I'm not entirely sure because it would be mandatory to have 1 "twisted" frame to get to duviri and a lot of people don't even like excal umbra because his sentience. One would say "just take umbra then!" but what if they don't want to use him?

Think there were some numbers reffering to subjects in the teaser page before the quest revealed, can't remember what exactly it was but it did imply that there may be others like Umbra. Maybe other individuals that were a thorn in Ballas' side? Would make perfectly sense.

Also Umbra is a side-grade to Prime's, therefore the sentience would be only a perk with it, Prime's still exist and shouldn't be invalidated for existance of Umbra variations, if anything it opens up room for different builds.

23 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Yeah obviously, especially with how this year has been going. We'll see, I can wait for it. Patience is something that is required with this game as I have learned long time ago.

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro

1 minute ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Think there were some numbers reffering to subjects in the teaser page before the quest revealed, can't remember what exactly it was but it did imply that there may be others like Umbra. Maybe other individuals that were a thorn in Ballas' side? Would make perfectly sense.

The only numbers I remember were related to being the third and final cinematic "core" experience (SD, TWW and TS)

1 minute ago, xHeretic said:

The only numbers I remember were related to being the third and final cinematic "core" experience (SD, TWW and TS)

If I remember it right it was written in tenno alphabet on the promo site, but yeah it's been a while since that so I don't remeber the exact details. But I do remember something about subject being mentioned with a number.

Also edited my post above, added something related to your other quote.

But yeah of I go to bed.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

If I remember it right it was written in tenno alphabet on the promo site, but yeah it's been a while since that so I don't remeber the exact details. But I do remember something about subject being mentioned with a number.

Also edited my post above, added something related to your other quote.

But yeah of I go to bed.

98470259_524110704923198_6134236905358753792_n.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=VMbjnhH__1MAX_4OzNR&_nc_ht=scontent-scl2-1.xx&oh=e37b854d67134b310f84e8d6e8f2c391&oe=5EE881F9

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sacrifice

50 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

unknown.png

BOkpwJx.png?width=1097&height=617De3Gh2EXcAE1NK2.png

headerBG.png

i have all the prior info and translated info .w . 

that's really interesting, but doesn't say anything pro or against new umbra frames for me at least besides the log for excal umbra creation. I'm probably wrong.

I think that part of the idea behind Umbra variants is that they are weirdly created.  They are a different sort of thing from Prime Warframes, but they serve the same function.  Personally, I think that the Frames that should get Umbra variants are Frames that don't have Primes (I know Excalibur Prime exists, but only founders have him) and of those, the ones that might be Umbra'ed are the ones that wouldn't make sense lorewise to have a Prime version of, like Nidus.

Overall, though, I am against having three variants of a Frame, so if a Prime is readily obtainable, an Umbra shouldn't happen, and vice-versa.  So if they did give Nidus an Umbra variant, he probably shouldn't have a Prime.

1 hour ago, xHeretic said:

that's really interesting, but doesn't say anything pro or against new umbra frames for me at least besides the log for excal umbra creation. I'm probably wrong.

one stated subject nine specifically for the umbra host 

meaning at least 8 prior attempts were made to create the excalibur variant, i have a hypothesis but its not cannon at this time 

unknown.png