Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

4 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

Are there any "new" Umbra-frames in the works? It's been awhile...

per dev 58 they stated more will come

per 125 : confirmed more are coming, non lore deployment is the plan so far

so yes more are in the works, though non lore my annoy some im ok if its find the parts and build them type of gig 

maybe have a codex entry with some lore tidbit 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so because reb used excal umbra in last devstream, can i get my tinfoil hat out again? cause more umbras ??

Image result for umbra meme

i think all the frames that have lore connect to the game like Mag, Rhino, Nova ( in Erra),Garra, Chroma, Octavia, Revenant. all of them have Orokin, Sentients ref

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Umbral forma exists.....I doubt theres going to be any more. Any frame can be "Umbra" 

DE has been on record multiple times stating that there will be more Umbra warframes. Course' that's always subject to change but so far that's where we are at. It's also worth noting that these umbra warframes won't necessarily be named umbra either, they could have their own unique classifications.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Umbral forma exists.....I doubt theres going to be any more. Any frame can be "Umbra" 

try watching dev stream 125 and 58 .. might learn something, as its already been confirmed more are coming at the last de spoke of it sadly its just not lore related in deployment  for those after excal

15 hours ago, Lion said:

DE has been on record multiple times stating that there will be more Umbra warframes. Course' that's always subject to change but so far that's where we are at. It's also worth noting that these umbra warframes won't necessarily be named umbra either, they could have their own unique classifications.

was talks of lux & umbra at one point depending on creation method , least by those who chatted with de at tennocon 

overal im betting umbra will be the suffix, but im doubtful of lore, kinda just wish it was like go do railjack stuff and earn the parts in some ways be faster to push them out , or maybe umbra acess?

• 2 weeks later...

I started thinking up something about how de could do other umbras obtainment

maybe using our umbra to locate a new umbra echo(s) in some railjack darksector or tower fragment , that allows us to research or make it a lich like combat system

so say we have umbra and find an echo of umbra, it then triggers a new warframe generated (cause umbras are sentient) and allows us to hunt and tame them similar to excal umbra. this way if you see an echo for say "volt" umbra and you already have that you can rehunt and try for a different umbra frame. the drops being the frame not a weapon if that makes sense 

i know this sounds a bit recycling of content but it would make it possible and then have us make it more or less a perquisite to earn ones umbra and let the sentient ai aspect of them be more immersive 

what ya think?

Also with the sentient invasion . wonder how many people are using umbra in event. anyone got screenshots?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

with the sentient invasion . wonder how many people are using umbra in event. anyone got screenshots?

I have done so many rounds of both ground and space missions, and reached more than 50k overall scores. And I saw 0 Umbras. It's mostly Limbos, Mesas, Mirages and Chromas in pub squad.

6 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

with the sentient invasion . wonder how many people are using umbra in event. anyone got screenshots?

Fuuny enough. Umbra is quite useless in the event, exalted blade can't reach the orb and his howl does jack after 12 waves (as well as the sentient damage, cuz it don't apply)