Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U21 Megathread] General Feedback

[DE]Danielle

31 minutes ago, Amperchaser said:

I am having the same performance issues as fellow players above me. I have a pretty lower end PC, but it shouldn't be this bad. Not only earth, but having fps drops on other planets/tilesets. Could we get this problem sorted out as soon as possible? The game crashing every 5 minutes is certainly not fun. (Although it can be only my PC.)

Thank you!

I cannot play the game anymore because of the RAM usage increased :'(

Earth remaster looks nice, a lot of work clearly went into it, but I do sympathize with the plight of others having older hardware. My computer isn't the worst, nor the best, I do have 12GB of RAM, but my computer is a laptop, with an i7 2.5GHz quad core processor, and a nvidia 840M 2GB VRAM graphics card. Earth now was dropping some frames, it was at the start of a level worse than later on, lowest was 45fps, 50 was the most stable, and later on it stabilized to 60 for most of the time, but it didn't feel like 50 or 45, which I could otherwise live with, because there was some minor strange stuttering going on in the beginning a lot.
Hopefully you can continue to optimize the game to smooth out these rough patches and allow more people again to play the game with acceptable performance.

I  love all the new changes with the dual wielding reticle charging up on melee attacks and how the UI shows when he heals or gets energy back. Especially enjoy Harrow's third ability displayed near the reticle like that. 

I really hope some of these new interactions will eventually be laced through more abilities.

Also it seems the dual wield charge attack works great, but fully equipping melee and doing a charge or 'heavy' attack still requires a melee swing prior to charging and attacking.

Will that be resolved soon for all weapons?

I really want to know if we'll be getting that weapon Nox uses, also I have notice there has been a lot of stutters on earth after the remastered, my FPS is normally stable sometimes dips, but overall it stutters a lot and it's rather annoying to play with.

Edited by Michael

Earth Remaster
I can't tell how many work hours have gone into it. I personally was totally fine with the non-remastered one, You should put something high level / grindable there, unfortunately people need an incentive to go there, other than need for more challenging content that I am after.

I do not think I'm the only one having problems with this new land, I saw some people above, with the problem similar,
I played at 30 to 40 fps now 10-20.
Edited by DaoRuan
more information

So far everything that I've seen of it has been a great positive for me. All the changes have felt rewarding and helpful.

On another small note.. Why does the opticor get punch through, when you need to hit objects with it to actually do the aoe blast? it feels like the buff would be much better placed somewhere else, such as charge speed, or the ability to hold a fully charged shot till it's needed

Thank you for the great update.

I know that it's all new, and you will eventally get everything to work nicely,

but there is one thing that i really want to know.

On this preview picture you have shown a Drahk drinking water from a stream.  I want to know if eventually, our kubrows will be able to do something like this. I really like our furry companions and would love to see them have a little more life.

EarthAfterB.jpg

This The dual melee/secondary from DS and glaive buff is awesome! Cant stop to enjoying doing power throw. Just fix the bugs and maybe seperate pistol and melee animations so we can throw without stoping reload/shoting.

Quest is...good. I dont expected to be so good. But i have 1 question SPOILER ALERT: WTF is this fake operator after the end?! It scares S#&$ out of me..

Now about bad stuff. Earh...why? Its imposible to play there with your bad performance and fps drops! And ceres got infected by this curse to! It even have missing textures around doors. You really need to do something about this...pls

It is really painful.... trying to do sortie 3 today either solo or in public, the uses ram/memory so fast that either I got disconnected from my team and crashed or it crashed my pc straight out. After many many times of crashing and restarting the pc (all in all it took over 30mins just to try and get sortie 3 done without technical failure, in which previously I only took minutes to complete), finally technical RNG let me complete sortie 3 with public.... and the reward is an ayatan sculpture. LOL

Before this earth remastering, I have no problem playing with all the nodes except going to relay due to the memory/ram issue that already existed in the relay. Now many nodes are affected with the ram/memory issue. As one of the above said, Ceres has been hit hard too.

I hope there is a new fix for all these ram/memory issue... .and then hopefully you guys will have an official announcement stating that the game will no longer be viable for low end pc soon (because it seems not right to assume the remastering or future remastering won't affect performance as Steve said in the devstream)

Solar Map Progress Bug preventing Extractor deployment for Earth resource gathering.

As discussed in this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6kjuf5/what_node_is_locked_am_i_missing_something/

It seems the 'Iron Wake' node is considered as a node for 'Solar Map Progress'. Yet It does not give XP. Completing Chains of Harrow and visiting said node afterwards does not unlock the node leaving solar map progress at 226/227.

Of course we could be missing some other change with U21 with some other node.

I personally had solar map progress fully unlocked and all planets accessible for extractors before U21 and I have played all the new Defection maps on all three planets.

Harrow is a support so he should execute the role of support better than he currently does. Right now his 2 doesn't apply buffs to allies and his 3 is too difficult to execute. Here's how to fix him.

1. His energy restore buff is too hard to apply. Its range is too small. It's actually smaller than EV, requires a charge up where he can't do anything but move, the energy restore is delayed and it REQUIRES Harrow himself to get the kill. Don't get me wrong, he's a good solo frame but he's supposed to be a support and right now he's not doing a good enough job. Make the range of his 3 20 or 25. Also allow allies to proc the energy restore for themselves and Harrow. This would put his 3 more on the level as EV and he would be a viable replacement in every mission except raids. I think there should be less benefit to the energy restore when allies get the kill such as allies not benefitting from the 4x energy restore when they are the ones that headshot but making it so Harrow does if DE really want to keep the theme of headshot support.

2. He does nothing while charging up his 3. Allow Harrow to cast his 1 while charging up Thurible so he's at least useful charging. This would make Harrow more interactive and less ''stand in the corner while charging''.

3. He's a support and his 2 doesn't even give allies the buffs. His 2 should give allies the buffs(but not the lifesteal) for the duration but at say 50% effectiveness(this is debatable), not scaling with mods. Also remove the energy cost of his 2. Sacrificing all his shields and leaving him with so little health is enough cost. There's no need for an energy cost. His 3 is so energy heavy already.

With these changes I could safely say that Harrow would be less frustrating to use and be a much stronger frame than before. Obviously no one is ever going to challenge Trinity but this would make him a viable alternative and that's all I ask from this frame.

Edited by Jimmeh420

What an awful update. I can't believe you chucklenuts would go to all that trouble to making this new frame and weapons. Only for you to nerf it!

I'm keeping my money and spend it on another game that actually treats my buck with respect.

Earth Remaster is really great looking!

I finally stumbled upon the new Bird too which is awesome. But as you can see in this video you can escape the tile via an obvious cavern quite easily. It's located on one of the joints of the tile where you normally have a connecting route to another tile.

Zone: /Lotus/Levels/GrineerForestRemastered/GftIntermediate05

I'd like to talk iron wake. Don't get me wrong; I love iron wake. I'd love to see more syndicate-themed relay type systems added to the game. But I'm also kind of disappointed that it's just the earth intercept tile with a few added props. Are there any plans on making a unique tile for iron wake? And is it an option on the table to add a nav console somewhere in the tile so that we can use it as a mission hub just like the relay system?

My personal Feedback for U21

(This review can include some spoilers for the quest: Chains of Harrow. Im writing this warning note for the players, who haven´t done the quest yet.)

The quest was awesome. It was dark, it was creepy, it had this "Red Veil" style, which I love. Especially the beginning of the quest was very cool. And the end. (To see my own operator sitting on the market and looking at my Warframe gave me the rest.) The introduction of the new social hub / social space called "Iron Wake" is a nice idea, but currently it only matters for the quest. Or there are parts, which I haven´t discovered yet. I wish, there are some special things, like drinking tea with Steel Meridian Grineers (It´s very late in my timezone. Im running out of ideas.)

I cannot say much about Harrow, because i haven´t got him yet. But from reviews of other people and my experience I got so far in missions with Harrow´s: I think, he´s not very reliable in squads with random players. Two of his abilities include headshot functions. And it is very hard to get some headshots if you have 2 Embers with World on Fire (I don´t really like this ability. It´s some sort of: Press 4 to win, or Press 4, tab out of the game and do something else.) and one Nidus, who´s spamming his second ability.

The new Grineer Nox is a very tough enemy to defeat. He got a very high armor value, a strong gun and a unique way, to react on receiving damage (Break the glass, which protects his face and he´ll get even more angry.). The eximus variant is even more stronger. I like him.

The remastered Earth. Pro: It looks fantastic, the lights are amazing, the higher amount of plants fits very well. It intensifies the destruction of the Grineer Settlement and the overwhelming of the plants and trees even more. Contra: There are still guys, who wants to destroy the Earth (Im looking at you, Vay Hek.).

Melee Riven Mods. I already disliked this idea, when I read it on the Update: Chains of Harrow website. (My opinion, don´t bash me.) Melee weapons are already the strongest weapon section we have. They can truly scale with the enemies by the melee counter system. Primary weapons, like the recently buffed Opticor or the beloved Tigris (Sancti, Prime) may have a higher initial damage, but that´s all. They cannot scale. Unlike every melee weapon. And then, they even have "access" to the stealth damage multiplier, which makes them even more better. So I think, they don´t really "deserve" Riven Mods. 

Overall it was a very cool Update. Thank you, Digital Extremes, for it. 

Edited by Skythin
Formatting Bugs

On 01.07.2017 at 2:14 AM, kyori said:

It is really painful.... trying to do sortie 3 today either solo or in public, the uses ram/memory so fast that either I got disconnected from my team and crashed or it crashed my pc straight out. After many many times of crashing and restarting the pc (all in all it took over 30mins just to try and get sortie 3 done without technical failure, in which previously I only took minutes to complete), finally technical RNG let me complete sortie 3 with public.... and the reward is an ayatan sculpture. LOL

Before this earth remastering, I have no problem playing with all the nodes except going to relay due to the memory/ram issue that already existed in the relay. Now many nodes are affected with the ram/memory issue. As one of the above said, Ceres has been hit hard too.

I hope there is a new fix for all these ram/memory issue... .and then hopefully you guys will have an official announcement stating that the game will no longer be viable for low end pc soon (because it seems not right to assume the remastering or future remastering won't affect performance as Steve said in the devstream)

If it will be no nolger vaible to low end pc it will be dead for me. I dont have money or a job to buy new pc. And probably will be without any job for next year

QoL Report;

Since update 21 I have observed the following;

• Increased loading times (almost doubling the time to load)
  • Increased Ping (about 20-30ms, not much, but thought I should mention it)
  • Reduced FPS (from 60, sometimes I even stay at 40 for extended times)
  • Increase in RAM usage (used to be 940MB, now it's usually somewhere around 1.1GB)
  • Scrolling through the inventory and Foundry seems to be even laggier than it used to.