Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U21 Megathread] General Feedback

[DE]Danielle

General grounds for all things Update 21: Chains of Harrow! Some topics of discussion:

• Earth Remaster
  • Melee Riven Mods
  • New Grineer Enemy Nox
  • Mobile Defense Mission Changes
  • Exterminate Mission Changes
  • Procedural Level Changes
  • User Experience/UI QOL Changes
  • etc.

Please note that we will be closely monitoring your practical feedback - feel free to share videos and discussions after playing with your topic of feedback. Non-constructive feedback, dev-bashing, and any other content that violates the Guidelines will be removed.

If you have any bugs to report please post them here: 

I appreciate everything you guys and girls do. I really do, but every time a massive update is released the launcher downloads those updates incredibly slow. For example: I downloaded the base update whatever at normal speed. then it checks the content and is now downloading the 2.6 GBs of data at between 50KBs and 1MBs and it's mainly staying on the LOOOOOW end. I was hoping to get back in tonight and run this anticipated quest, but at the rate YOUR LAUNCHER is downloading this update at it'll take between 3-5 hrs. Can you guys please go over your servers and such really, really well? I'd prefer that you stop pumping out content and get better servers than anything. I'd rather be able to play over having new things.

4 minutes ago, -WF-Monarch said:

I appreciate everything you guys and girls do. I really do, but every time a massive update is released the launcher downloads those updates incredibly slow. For example: I downloaded the base update whatever at normal speed. then it checks the content and is now downloading the 2.6 GBs of data at between 50KBs and 1MBs and it's mainly staying on the LOOOOOW end. I was hoping to get back in tonight and run this anticipated quest, but at the rate YOUR LAUNCHER is downloading this update at it'll take between 3-5 hrs. Can you guys please go over your servers and such really, really well? I'd prefer that you stop pumping out content and get better servers than anything. I'd rather be able to play over having new things.

I know it's tough - maybe DE just likes to give big gifts?

I'm lucky to be downloading over hi-speed internet with 2MB speeds. It says it'll take about 30 minutes to download the whole thing. Always remember that the ones reach the update first within minutes of it being released (like me) will often be the ones who have to deal with unseen bugs, so don't be discouraged. 

Edited by Umbrapocalypse

7 minutes ago, -WF-Monarch said:

This is exactly what is happening to me right now.

9 minutes ago, Umbrapocalypse said:

I know it's tough - maybe DE just likes to give big gifts?

I'm lucky to be downloading over hi-speed internet with 2MB speeds. It says it'll take about 30 minutes to download the whole thing. Always remember that the ones reach the update first within minutes of it being released (like me) will often be the ones who have to deal with unseen bugs, so don't be discouraged. 

I wouldn't mind the probable bugs. I just find it highly irritating because I really enjoy this game and it's the ONLY game I've played in which the first update part is normal speed and then the main part downloads at WAY under the normal rate. I can download anything else that's 2.6 GBs usually in under a hour but for the updates DE puts out I wind up going to bed because it's takes so long. (I got the download going right after they said to restart and I'm at 17% right now.)

Edited by -WF-Monarch

59 minutes ago, [DE]Mumbles said:

Added a number to the overall Syndicate Standing bar in the End of Mission window.

Saw this, was hoping to also see that the UI would be adjusted to allow for more than 4 syndicates that are affected either with positive or negative standing.  If you get more than 4 syndicates getting standing, only the first 4 are shown, which can be a bit annoying.

Would also like to push the desire to have "VAULTED" primes labeled as such wherever they are displayed (codex, Inventory, void relic selection, reward screens, ducat kiosk and wherever else.)

Thanks.

Edited by Xekrin

1 hour ago, [DE]Mumbles said:

Added Punch Through, Shotgun drop-off, and Melee range weapon stats to the Arsenal.

This is NOT what I expected it to be and should probably be clarified.  It is melee thrown weapon secondary stats, not the range of melee weapons.

Also, there are still no 'secondary' stats for gunblades (charged attacks firing gun on redeemer).

Edited by Xekrin

So a bunch of secondary shotguns got buffed (which is awesome) but the damage numbers in the patch notes seem to be per pellet. But iirc, there's no UI indicator for shotgun pellet count in our arsenal. Luckily that info is on the wiki, but being able to see that info in game would be appreciated. Especially since other stats were just added to the arsenal UI.

10 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

This is NOT what I expected it to be and should probably be clarified.  It is melee thrown weapon secondary stats, not the range of melee weapons.

Also, there are still no 'secondary' stats for gunblades (charged attacks firing gun on redeemer).

Thanks for pointing this out! You are correct, this is currently not live, but something to look forward to! 

We will edit the Update thread :) 

I guess this will have to go here, but the Uru Prime placement is now upper on all frames. I don't really know what went through the animation/art teams heads when changing it, but for all that's good, please, make the positions return to what they were! It's clipping through everyone horribly and looks so out of place now  :(

Edited by NightmareT12

I love how "Dark" this quest was, short but fresh and exciting and most important CREEPY! I would say that I was sllllightly disappointed overall with the quest. Maybe it's a design choice but I was hoping for a cheesy jump scare somewhere. Like red eye popping on the screen or him suddenly being on our ship or with us as we evacuate saying ,"Rap Tap Tap."

Still amazing work and love the dark tone so much!

Trying out Thrown Melee + Secondary, 10 minutes into a Survival and I've killed myself 3 times now with the Cerata's toxin explosion while trying to melee xD

It's way easier to throw it, probably too easy as the AoE blast can deal self damage :'d

hello I don't know if anyone else has any issues with the new Earth missions now but after the update I've been experiencing more lag spikes and fps drops in solo on earth. everything else is fine so I'm not particularly miffed. being on a lower end PC it's to be expected to be left in the dust but maybe offer options to further reduce the graphics of the Earth for those of us concerned with gameplay over graphics?...I really couldn't find anywhere else to post this as it's not really a bug.

Can we get chat filter like this? 
DONT show messages with specified word. For example i dont want to see messages in trade chat with Rivens. So now that melee weapons have rivens too, every time i write a weapon name in filter i will see bunch of riven offers which i am not interested in. I just want to trade the weapon itself 

Okay, this update was honestly a pretty big disappointment for me.  Normally, I'm happy with whatever you guys put out; I'm just glad for new content and story.  But there were a number of things I was looking forward to in this update (and I don't blame you guys for planting these expectations in my head, but still) that just didn't happen.

1. The dual melee/secondary thing is not useful for melee centered players.  Unless I missed something somewhere (which is very possible), you have to have your secondary "equipped" for this to work, and then all it really does is allow you to throw your throwable melee while your secondary is equipped.  Maybe I'm wrong, but how many players actually use throwable melees and really wanted this feature?  It doesn't really give us the best of both worlds...I mean, I can't block with my melee while my secondary is equipped, and if I'm already wielding a gun, throwing my melee seems...redundant.  With most worthwhile weapons, it's faster and more effective to just fire my secondary.  I was really hoping that what this would allow me to do is equip my melee with my secondary in my offhand, and then while my melee is thrown, be able to squeeze off some rounds with my secondary, but it doesn't look like it works that way.  Too bad.

2. Earth is really very pretty now; kudos about that.  However, that one extract cutscene is still misaligned with horrible clipping through the liset - you know, the one where your warframe is cocked at an angle and parts will clip with the docking port, but then as the port spins, your warframe is pushed out away from the docking port.  I figured that if you guys were going to go to all the trouble of revamping Earth, fixing this would've been trivially easy to do - if not just remove that sequence outright or replace it with something better.  Seeing it remain after the revamp was really disappointing, as that's been a gripe of mine ever since I started playing years ago.  It's very unprofessional looking to have something like that happen on the starter planet.  It makes a bad impression for newbies, and it makes it look like DE doesn't care.  The beta excuse doesn't fly anymore - you've been charging real money for years.  Fix this.

3. I did enjoy most of Harrow's quest; it was creepy and strange, which was nifty.  The end battle, though, not so nifty.  

Spoiler

I get that you guys want to include more content with operators in mind, and I fully endorse that goal - I really want to do more with my operator.  If you're going to do that, though, operators need a serious buff.  They are pitifully weak.  It's not fun to repeatedly die because there are fifteen different things coming at you from all directions and all you can do is run around because you're constantly out of void energy - it drains way too fast and recharges way too slow for the pace of this game.  If void energy is to be my operator's sole means of survival - and it is because operators are not fast, nimble, or tanky in any way - then I need more of it or I need it to come back faster.  Either that, or you need to cut back on what you're going to throw at me when forcing me to play as an operator.

Most things in the update are either good or fine, though the vast amount of issues with performance kinda of killed the enjoyment of the quest for me. Something is making the game start freezing to the point that loading just turns into a black screen with sound.

Earth looks great but sadly (and much as I feared) I will avoid missions there at all costs even if that means missing out on sorties and if this is what we are looking forward I might just have to start considering quitting the game at some point if this is the trend. There was only 2 tiles on Earth where I got bad performance dips that made me go below 40fps from the usual 60 or at least 50+, both tiles were the sabotage tiles and the issue seemed to be the sabotage machine that was for some reason causing performance drops. Now? I've seen it drop below 30FPS for the first time on solo, I only ever got that on a party of 4 a few times and required a ton of powers going and one of them being Octavia's 3rd power because that still makes performance drop too much, at some point I even got it to drop below 20FPS which I never saw it doing in all the years I've played the game, but now it's pretty much the norm if I want to play on Earth, which I won't because it's just frustrating to do so now, it's just not fun to deal with a laggy mess. Display options do nothing, we didn't get options for the grass or anything as was previously said, after messing around only got 1 FPS from changing options, not really worth changing just for that.

If anything it does look good but the looks barely have an impact on gameplay so I can't really say that it was worth the change.

In short, if you happen to be on the low end, Earth now is a place to avoid at all costs and no longer is fun to play there.

Meanwhile I dunno if they changing something but other tilesets now seem to be running even better now which is weird and funny since now I can't play on Earth.

Overall it looks like a good update, but now I can't but feel sad since the future looks grim for me. Oh well, not like a single digit matters anyway.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

Is it possible that you can increase or fix the frequency of when the Tenno/operator talks during missions? I personally found that my operator only speaks once with each mission and over time has started to speak less and less. I love how they are able to talk during missions and think that its a great feature, I just wish that there was more interaction during mission or quests such as Chains of Harrow where they are fighting a fellow Tenno. I would greatly appreciate if it was implemented, but that is my opinion. I'm just a person who plays the game and doesn't really know how much time and resources goes into these things.

I hope that my idea is heard...

Thanks!

Very quick first impressions.... I literally logged into make sure we'd started the research in dojo and thought I'd check out earth.

Earth remaster - not sure if it was partly down to the host but pings were good but I could literally walk up to an enemy without being spotted....

Also feel it might need some better optimisations, my i7 4790k with 16GB and a geforce gtx1060 6GB, with vsync enabled at 60fps, (not exactly a potato) kept fluctuating between 59/60 all the way through the level... it shouldn't be doing that imo and it's not something that normally happens.

When I left it basically got stuck at the landing craft navigation panel area and I couldn't do anything other than press the hamburger menu to 'force' it to reload another area. 

6 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I guess this will have to go here, but the Uru Prime placement is now upper on all frames. I don't really know what went through the animation/art teams heads when changing it, but for all that's good, please, make the positions return to what they were! It's clipping through everyone horribly and looks so out of place now  :(

I totally agree with that, the Syandana is now clipping through the upper parts of Nekros Prime's wings.

And please, change (again) his cloth physics to be the same than the first version when the Prime Access has been released (with the same behavior as Nekros Prime's wings).

Reading through Patch Notes Now.

Initial Thoughts on the Update:
The quest was good. Had interesting reveals, fleshed out the world, was higher quality (like the other quests, it shows that you put time and effort into it.)
I will say that I don't agree with the decision to make important story points through Warframes that comes from specific syndicates.
Down the line I would like to see story go through the planets. 
(Which is why I was happy to see the new social space on Earth; "Iron Wake")

Each planet could have a mini-campaign that feeds into the larger plot of the solar system.
Most online games of this scope generally give each planet/zone a campaign of their own that acts as a chapter in the larger story.

Final Note; Was happy with the Earth Remaster.
Glad you guys went back and made that look better. I think it will look great for new players.

I think for now Earth should be expanded upon and should receive more focus. 
You could use Earth to create a sample of the polished gameplay experience you want the rest of the game to have.