Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennocon [2017]: content thread

Shafilp

54 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Digging Hydroid Prime's look. Feels like a cross between pirate and samurai, which would be appropriate considering his affinity for melee. We need details on his rework, stat!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets that impression. Definitely evokes a Samurai vibe and I'm digging it.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You mean like Excaliber and half of the frames out there?

Nope, those are more like rhino horn on the forehead... but volt's is like a d*ck on the forehead lol

Oh yes, the volt tennogen helmet looks way better and normal lol

7 hours ago, Kyneidos said:

Not really getting a samurai vibe from that design. More like an even greater emphasis on the pirate/18th century military aesthetic.

Maybe you are the only one but everyone I know said it looked like samurai... because of those flaps in front and back at the lower body. A design only mostly from asian martial art costumes

idk if someone's mentioned it yet, but are we getting bird/kangaroo rat pets? There's a little pet store in Cetus, and the shopkeeper has a bird on his arm, caged up kangaroo rats, and a kavat behind him. Perhaps we have to capture and tame them in the wild?

7 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

How does that help stop the tracking missiles? 

I agree, if they leave the super tracking it would still be somewhat problematic; however, I was excited because you actually know that there is a Bombard and they don't spam 50 rockets per second anymore.

I didn't mention the tracking due to the Bombard firing point blank in the video; but if they actually cared to give them laser visuals and drastically lower fire rate after all these years, then I'm merely hoping that they replace the magic bullet missiles with fast, high power rockets instead.

But we'll see

9 hours ago, Kyneidos said:

Not really getting a samurai vibe from that design. More like an even greater emphasis on the pirate/18th century military aesthetic.

It's primarily because of the helmet

hNbLwqg.jpg

main-qimg-1fa4a5dc6f570c5c4e9f9094b30758

The 3/4 frontal view shows the helmet having the V like ornament and flaps that are somewhat reminiscent of the Kabuto helmet.

The helmet from behind and also the rest of the body looks like a regular pirate/captain feel to it.

56 minutes ago, Punchedface said:

It's primarily because of the helmet

hNbLwqg.jpg

main-qimg-1fa4a5dc6f570c5c4e9f9094b30758

The 3/4 frontal view shows the helmet having the V like ornament and flaps that are somewhat reminiscent of the Kabuto helmet.

The helmet from behind and also the rest of the body looks like a regular pirate/captain feel to it.

And the shoulder armor, the forearm guards, and all the leg armor.

What pirate wore armor pieces?

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

And the shoulder armor, the forearm guards, and all the leg armor.

What pirate wore armor pieces?

Clearly he's a pirate going into battle who wants to protect his roguish good looks. Why can't he be a Pirate-Samurai? That just means he's twice as stylish and bad to the bone.
(I can still see the waistcoat and tails though.)

7 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Wait, this was just a con thing? Oh thank god, I thought they were going to allow some azzhat wreck people's games in the actual game.

IIRC, it has the possibility of coming to the game. They don't know yet.

7 hours ago, Valiant said:

Edgelords unite.

I do agree though. This isn't Dark Souls and if people dislike PvP so much as they do in this community, why on earth would they want this form of PvP instead?

Because it would be fun for the people that would be into this type of thing. All they have to do is make participating optional to stop the complaints and balance/tweak more aspects of it.

11 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

IIRC, it has the possibility of coming to the game. They don't know yet.

Because it would be fun for the people that would be into this type of thing. All they have to do is make participating optional to stop the complaints and balance/tweak more aspects of it.

I feel my point still kind of stands. I think if it helped you get conclave standing, somehow for whatever crazy reason, it would definitely be useful as an alternative.

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I'm away working all weekend and haven't had a chance to fully review the stream. Can someone tell me what was said about Operators and Focus?

They basically said they want Operator mode to flow well into Warframe mode. Instead of feeling like an "On/Off switch". Maybe allow Warframe attacks to combo enemies into Operator attacks. They mentioned how many players have their fav frame, and that Operators should be able to tie into that frame's gameplay. Oh, and Operators are getting weapons that focus their energy beam better. 

6 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

All they have to do is make participating optional

What happens if an opt-in player groups up with an opt-out player and stalker attacks? In the event that it defaults to opt-in, opt-out players(aka most of us) are going to be very pissed. If it defaults to opt-out, then opt-in players will very rarely see a PvP stalker battle unless fighting solo, because again, I'd assume that most people are against this. The third option is to split the PvE matchmaking into people who want to PvP, and people who don't-- Oh wait. that's conclave matchmaking.

23 minutes ago, ssxtriki said:

Am i the only one who thinks the new Frame looks really bad?

Nope. I think it looks awful. Like something out of an old 1980s tranformers comic. I look back at the original frames today and just think how much better they look as opposed to all these new frames that look like plastic toys.