Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 9

8 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Is that so?  lol ^^ I've only got feedback like... maybe 5 times in more than a year. This round i've submitted 3 syandanas and a nyx skin (which i've changed 3 times already) and i've got not even a word about them so it's not like they're making exceptions for anybody. In fact i think they should give way more feedback and directions, even when we get some comments it's very rare that's straight to the point, it's getting better lately though. In my case i would very much prefer something like "we don't need this type of item" or "we think it's not fitting the theme (any of the many themes) of Warframe" or "we don't like the design" or "it's not at the quality level necessary" rather than nothing, and i believe that would help to shape the overall quality of the whole workshop quite a bit instead of having lots of artists wandering around throwing ideas out there that will never get selected and we'll never know why ^^

Also :PPPP Faven

I agree. I know I certainly could use some feedback, even if it's to say we're not looking for X, Y, or Z and you need to do something different. But to not get a single word of feedback just makes it feel like you're being ignored, and I can certainly understand how Yatus felt each round after his stuff wasn't selected. It worries me that not even you get that much feedback because DE constantly says they give feedback, but it appears like they're not giving a lot of feedback at all. I just want to hear something so that I know I'm not just wasting my time.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

hopefully it does not take too long to get them ingame :) that equinox skin is awesome and an instant buy for me especially the helm looks great

and then the Atlas and Nezha skins are tempting too... :cool:

39 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Supplementary feedback is always sent out after the Round has been announced, so we have time to work with the creators of accepted pieces to make sure their creations are in-game ready. The post-Round feedback should be going out this week, since Round 9 was just announced on Saturday. :) 

I'll be waiting :D

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

Is that so?  lol ^^ I've only got feedback like... maybe 5 times in more than a year. This round i've submitted 3 syandanas and a nyx skin (which i've changed 3 times already) and i've got not even a word about them so it's not like they're making exceptions for anybody. In fact i think they should give way more feedback and directions, even when we get some comments it's very rare that's straight to the point, it's getting better lately though. In my case i would very much prefer something like "we don't need this type of item" or "we think it's not fitting the theme (any of the many themes) of Warframe" or "we don't like the design" or "it's not at the quality level necessary" rather than nothing, and i believe that would help to shape the overall quality of the whole workshop quite a bit instead of having lots of artists wandering around throwing ideas out there that will never get selected and we'll never know why ^^

Also :PPPP Faven

I think your didn't understand what I said, but after re-reading my message, I see the confusion, so I will explain.
What I say is that you dont get benefit compared to other artists, it's just that you are more popular, so more people care about what you do and ask about if you got feedback.
So finally, people just know you get some feedback because they ask you, while less popular artists get the same feedback but less people ask them and less people know they get feedback.

Also, how Taylor said, the feedback is given after in-game addition of the previous round if the change to do are not minor textures tweaks or things that can be verified quickly, so you will surely get some feedback later.

2 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I think your didn't understand what I said, but after re-reading my message, I see the confusion, so I will explain.
What I say is that you dont get benefit compared to other artists, it's just that you are more popular, so more people care about what you do and ask about if you got feedback.
So finally, people just know you get some feedback because they ask you, while less popular artists get the same feedback but less people ask them and less people know they get feedback.

Also, how Taylor said, the feedback is given after in-game addition of the previous round if the change to do are not minor textures tweaks or things that can be verified quickly, so you will surely get some feedback later.

Well I know for a fact that not every artist gets feedback. It is not a sure thing at all.

just wanna throw it out there that I also get feedback.. I dont have a silver bullet.

Mesa I had to redo most of the helmet for that to make it in. It was a small change but had massive cascading effect.

In this latest round both nova/hydroid had small tweaks that had to be fixed, although more on a technical level of emissives being to tightly clustered.

And mag had some minor feedback as well.

The reason people dont know about small feedback like that is that its not something the end user will ever notice (exception for mesa and people knew about the change there).

Usually when things dont get in its fairly easy to see why, either its:

-stylistically off from the game
-Using either shaders or methods that increase the work load for DE to the point of being to much (like deleting geo from the frame/overly complex syandanas etc)
-Or its just poorly done, this one is usually the hardest for people who dont work with things like this to notice. When you got a bit of experience you can fairly quickly tell if the sculpt is badly done. Quite often creators "hide" this in the preview shots by having really dark colors or bad lightning.

8 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Supplementary feedback is always sent out after the Round has been announced, so we have time to work with the creators of accepted pieces to make sure their creations are in-game ready. The post-Round feedback should be going out this week, since Round 9 was just announced on Saturday. :) 

Taylor, just for clarification, does every submission for any particular round get feedback? Or is it only the creators of accepted content that are guaranteed an official response to make sure their submissions are  "in-game ready" as you said? That's an important distinction in my eyes, and a curiosity in case I personally ever decide to submit an entry. I hope this doesn't sound confrontational, as it's not my intention and I quite appreciate all the help & info you provide to us.  

Edited by Shadow8600

46 minutes ago, Shadow8600 said:

Taylor, just for clarification, does every submission for any particular round get feedback? Or is it only the creators of accepted content that are guaranteed an official response to make sure their submissions are  "in-game ready" as you said? That's an important distinction in my eyes, and a curiosity in case I personally ever decide to submit an entry. I hope this doesn't sound confrontational, as it's not my intention and I quite appreciate all the help & info you provide to us.  

Neither. Any submission that was close to making it in the round gets feedback as to why it did not make it that last bit.

Edited by Airwolfen

47 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Neither. Any submission that was close to making it in the round gets feedback as to why it did not make it that last bit.

See, the problem with that is that those who are deemed "not close" will never know why they aren't considered "close". And there are unclear guidelines on what that line is between "close" and "not close".

12 hours ago, Shadow8600 said:

Not every submission, but usually a large number of them. It depends on the round. Whether or not you have already had a piece accepted does not matter; for example, we have provided lukinu_u and Yatus with feedback for months before their creations were accepted.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Not every submission, but usually a large number of them. It depends on the round. Whether or not you have already had a piece accepted does not matter; for example, we have provided lukinu_u and Yatus with feedback for months before their creations were accepted.

Alright, so it's not a specific set group, but rather at DE's discretion. Ok, that helps. Thanks! :)

2 hours ago, shadow0727 said:

i was looking to downloading the tennogen creator thing through steam but it says warframe is not installed because i didnt download it through steam. Is there a workaround aside from having to reinstall through steam? @[DE]Taylor

Just click Install on steam's warframe once and stop it, it doesn't matter if it's installed, you just have to have it in the library for tennogen to work

To be honest i couldn't make it not even close as where i am if it wasn't DE's feedback and help.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:14 PM, Koldraxon-732 said:

Warning: Image is huge. Image contains a greedy Inaros.

Reveal hidden contents

"Must has Ash skin. Must set aside Assasins' Creed-like equipment...
...Oh. Hey there 'little scarab'."

DEeRFmkXUAAt1eS.jpg

And thanks again guys ^^

3 minutes ago, Mk_1 said:

@Yatus Grats, you finally made it in. :)

1 hour ago, Xardis said:

Could you tell us why Altair syandana was not accepted despite being 3 to 4 times as popular as syandanas that got in this round?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=853142388&searchtext=

This quote from [DE]Syncrasis is probably the best answer you'll find around here:

"Ratings on the Workshop play a role in selections, but ultimately, we curate the final selections ourselves based on design, uniqueness, adherence to stylistic requirements, and technical needs. Popularity usually follows good work but it doesn't mean the piece will meet all the requirements for acceptance."

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/814717-tennogen-round-9/?do=findComment&comment=8824436

53 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

This quote from [DE]Syncrasis is probably the best answer you'll find around here:

"Ratings on the Workshop play a role in selections, but ultimately, we curate the final selections ourselves based on design, uniqueness, adherence to stylistic requirements, and technical needs. Popularity usually follows good work but it doesn't mean the piece will meet all the requirements for acceptance."

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/814717-tennogen-round-9/?do=findComment&comment=8824436

Had technical issues on that one :| 

I haven't been to many conventions but I LOVED tennocon. I hope to go every year from here on out. I tried to catch a taste of everything and there still was too much for me to see. I had an amazing time and i really wish to express the love for the game and community stronger as time goes on.