The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Given the teaser, they very clearly will look different. I'm really interested in what makes the Eidolon different aside visuals.

I'm also hoping these guys finally make an appearance somehow in addition to the newer models. We were given a brief idea on their tactics in a devstream, but haven't heard anything since.

1814c0fdb2624b19bec2319be63c9246.png

9 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

I could see this being the case for the Corpus, but the Grineer canonically have a hatred for "all things not Grineer". We've seen them destroy colonies with no stated motive (Sands of Inaros, the whatever colony they're targeting in Kuva Fortress Assault, etc).

Except we already know very much so that there are Grineer that are not like this. We have the Kavor and the Steel Meridian, neither serve the Queens and both would be able to be in these kinds of colonies. Corpus are the same way, they are companies and child companies with their own agendas, so seeing a few corpus at a colony for trade wouldn't be that outlandish.

21 hours ago, FairyTael said:

The zone is still limited to 4 players, why wouldn't it use Host Connection?

I dont recall you saying the host, you said a server like the relays and that would be a problem since near every player is going to dive right in.
You also fail to realize that a singlar host for that much rendering is going to kill connections and have incredible lag.
A lot of players already deal with lag in small defense mission areas, So how are people going to keep up with supporting a total of 4 players outside of solo?

10 hours ago, Vindicative said:

Am i the only one who wants to travel the plains from the perspective of Titania's Razorwing mode? Get up close and personal with the birds and bugs! Fly the free skies without crashing into a wall

I decided to not mention titania because she cant really boost and become ultra fast like what nezha can do
Agian for others nothing compares to the amount of speed nezha can pick up from sliding mods.

People who have poor internet connection wont be able to hold up 3 other people on top of the future having 8 total people.
but w/e

From an Interview with Steve: http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/warframe-plains-of-eidolon-interview-steve-sinclair/

"The design for it is kind of out there. During the day, new players come in and experience the landscape features, fighting Grineer camps. As the sun sets, the half-destroyed ghosts of the Sentients emerge. They’re a multi-stage boss battle. They have very specific weak points and abilities. Our design for that is that you need to be very deep into Warframe. You need to be ‘War Within.’ "

Given the definition of Eidolon, it makes sense.

Edited by Aceofgods

1 minute ago, DxAdder said:

One of my concerns is the level of the mobs in PoE, if the mobs aren't  lvl 80+  there will be no challenge.

Steve said that day will be for everyone and the night will be for veterans only and I think will be made with 4 players in mind.

He said that the plains will be available early in the game for newcomers. However if they stay at night they will be killed

16 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

One of my concerns is the level of the mobs in PoE, if the mobs aren't  lvl 80+  there will be no challenge.

If they're 80+, then it won't be accessible for new players. What they could do to solve this is to have different zones with enemies at different levels.

14 hours ago, FairyTael said:

The zone is still limited to 4 players, why wouldn't it use Host Connection?

Must have missed that then, looked like NPCs and other players were being handled in the same way they are in relays so I just figured they'd use a similar system to do it however if the map is small enough it can still probably be pre-loaded at all times maps we currently have can keep track of enemies a good distance away so I still don't think moving too far away from them would ever be an issue.

Im hoping they make it like DDO where theres the large open world, full of all its content, but along the edges of the map there are nodes in which you can access to play the normal missions, but also still being accessible through your ships starchart as usual. this would make the entire planet possibly playable through only the PoE if you wanted it that way

Heres what im hoping for and im sure alot of others are hoping for as well...allow us to scale the map in some way so we can make daytime challenging for veteran players and when nighttime comes give us the thrill of "Holy S#&$ this is insanely hard", I want to be able to have fun during daytime and not just blow through everything and if I take the risk of staying at night, I want it to feel like a real survival horror game. Give us enemies that are crazy, give us hordes that hunt us down, make it to where we have to run and hide and scavenge if we stay at night, give us a real challenge that were not going to get bored of in just an hour or two. This is alot like neverending missions, except we want to be able to move around and pray we find ammo, or dont get swarmed, have us constantly on the move just in order to survive. Hell, even give us a boss that is literally impossible to beat that just hunts you down constantly throughout the night, or allow us to make the boss that does spawn like that in a sense. It would be one hell of a thrill to actually have a challenge that could very well be impossible, but still a hell of a good time.

Don't forget, Hunhow is the conscience. His fragments can be any sentient. However, it seems clear that these Eidolons are bigger than Hunhow's preferred vessel, the brood motherships.

However, since he is the only known articulate and intelligent sentient mastermind behind all the work, you could say all sentient sizes and ships are his fragments.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

I just hope that PoB, expands the Opoeoaotro Lore so much more, beyond their brats they are now. I want to age them up, mature them before I even think about giving them armour and weapons. Also, what's gonna happen to the Warframes? are they gonna stay lifeless shells of nothing but greedy spoiled children toys?.

Or are they gonna be their own being, their own person?, fighting side by side. 

8 hours ago, DxAdder said:

It sounds like low level enemies during the day. I really hope that we can get veteran difficulty instances where enemies start at 80. 

I want it to feel like I need my WF to survive I'm the plains. Not holding my breath though, I can see this catering to new players more than vets.

I would imagine AW abilities would be extreme overkill for anything low level. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

8 hours ago, Arcanolath said:

Im hoping they make it like DDO where theres the large open world, full of all its content, but along the edges of the map there are nodes in which you can access to play the normal missions, but also still being accessible through your ships starchart as usual. this would make the entire planet possibly playable through only the PoE if you wanted it that way

This takes me back

39 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It sounds like low level enemies during the day. I really hope that we can get veteran difficulty instances where enemies start at 80. 

I want it to feel like I need my WF to survive I'm the plains. Not holding my breath though, I can see this catering to new players more than vets.

I would imagine AW abilities would be extreme overkill for anything low level. 

Sans a few select bits of content, the game is largely balanced around level 30-40 enemies being the "top end."

Honestly, I expect some level of back tracking when it comes to night time's difficulty.  I mean, if the plains are STILL instanced so that it's not like an MMO open-world, but just our own personal huge instance, I think overall people should have some control over the difficulty of the content.  I kind of want to be able to keep hunting Grineer under the broken moonlight and not have Sentient Godzilla and its babies being the only thing of note.  However, I imagine at the very least some regions will be indifferent to the time of day.  I doubt the Grineer would just up and abandon their more developed outposts every single night for example.  Finally, there'd have to be some way to track time outside of Eidolon if players do need or want to leave at night, but want to partake in the day side of play.