The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

I have been playing mmog's  for many many years.The promise of this expansion and the path the company is on got me to try WARFRAME. I like where WARFRAME development has been......but I think I will like far far more....where WARFRAME development is going.

5 minutes ago, OmegaShadowcry said:

Probably. I'll go back and check.

EDIT: I didn't hear them say "mortars" at the time they were being fired, but it would make sense for those to be mortars, judging by the firing arc.

must have been later in Tennolive, after the demo but while they were still talking about things related to it.

2 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I'm more of intrested the new resources in the area.  I just got one crazy idea using melee weapons, add pole handle + galatine blade = SUPER LONG MELEE RANGE WEAPON!  OP Ultra Sword!

Probably also as slow as hell, but it might be worth it if the crit damage is high enough.

(That's my current obsession with weapons right now -- high crit damage.)

Wasn't there supposed to be a Devstream on the 28th to talk about Plains of Eidolon? Rebecca said she was going to make the forums post soon during the Prime Time stream, but I haven't heard any mention of it yet. I wanted to post a few questions, but in case the devs are reading this to find the questions to answer, I'll post here a little prematurely. :3

Ooooh, I always learn SO MUCH, from a live DEvstream. - DEvstream? No no no, that sounds... too mundane. This stream will be... enlightening. A QUIZSTREAM!

PLAINS OF EIDOLON HYPE IS GO!

Will there be Public Matchmaking for Plains of Eidolon, or will it be private all the time, like Derelicts?

Will old resources serve any purpose in Cetus? I know you guys want to move past players having all the necessary resources immediately when launching new items (Mirage, Javlok, Hema, Argon Crystal and Nitain Extract all enforce this) and I support new resources in the form of gathered materials.

How will gathering resources in a squad work? Marking a resource is useful in normal missions, but seeing my friend 2km away marking a resource is... not so helpful.

Will we be able to use our Titan/Distilling Extractors to any effect in Plains of Eidolon?

Will we be able to check our inventory in the Field of Eidolon? While we don't need to know how many Latron Prime Stocks we have on Sorties, going on a gathering run in the Plains of Eidolon would involve too much note-taking, memory or guesswork without a way to track crafting materials.

Will there a reason to or not to stay together when farming? My friends and I tend to explore our own paths until an objective requires all of our collective attention. (Boss fight hype!)

Will we get to see any Syndicate quests or interactions in Cetus or the Plains of Eidolon?

Will there be any friendly (not just non-hostile!) NPCs in the Plains of Eidolon? Getting quests in Cetus is cool, but randomly generated tasks in the Plains with minor rewards would be more functional, as I would imagine there's more fun to be had AWAY from town, rather than near it. Adventuring away from the gates should be rewarding, interactive and fun!

On the topic of Friendly units and quests, will the Karma System see a use in the Plains of Eidolon update?

Will many quests be repeatable? Please, I'd like to have repeatable quests that DO NOT have daily lockout timers. An hour or two cooldown for a quest should be plenty. Being a Veteran player with all available equipment maxed means I have little direction when I play.

Will trading be available to players in Cetus? If any of the new resources or materials can be traded, it would be better to localize trade than bogging down Trade Chat, or relying on third party sites like warframe.market to make frequent trades.

Will we be able to do Foundry crafting in Cetus? Going back to the ship to craft Fishing Spears and Archwing deployables could be quite tedious.

Will there be any exchangeable rare items akin to Ayatans and Syndicate Medallions in the Plains? Checking obscure locations for something rare would add to the adventure aspect of the massive Landscape. (Not just Scan-and-Dones like Cephalon Fragments and Kurias!)

Will we have any reason (outside quests) to raid Grineer outposts/fortifications?

Will there be any reason to use Stealth in the Plains of Eidolon?

We saw Archwings being used with normal weapons, (Love it!) but will there be a way to use normal Archwing Weapons higher into the Atmosphere, far enough to be ineffectual to units on the ground?

We saw Grineer leaving the Plains on a dropship looking vehicle. Can we sabotage these vehicles before nighttime, or destroy them to leave a group of Grineer stranded to fight the Sentients in a panic? I think it would add to the ambience of the Plains.

Will there be a tribute to Founders in Cetus, like there are in Relays? Or perhaps an easter egg/shrine discoverable in the Plains?

FUTURE LANDSCAPES HYPE!

Earth is the first planet players play on, and so Plains of Eidolon is sort of Yin-and-Yang, trying to balance New Player Daytime, while also being the first Landscape and trying to appeal to Veteran player's Nighttime. This is a difficult balance, but necessary. Will future planet's Landscapes, such as Pluto or even as early as Mars or Ceres, be more difficult, catered to Veteran players?

After the work that has gone into Plains of Eidolon, do you think it will be easier, by comparison, to make future Landscapes?

Most planets are currently run by the Grineer, while the Corpus mostly control Gas Giants, and the infested seem to only hold Eris. Will there be another shift to the Starchart, or will these factions have much fewer Landscapes?

BONUS QUESTION!

Care to tell us anything about the Set Mods? We've only seen Augur Message, but it's stirred quite the debate.

2 hours ago, OmegaShadowcry said:

Probably also as slow as hell, but it might be worth it if the crit damage is high enough.

(That's my current obsession with weapons right now -- high crit damage.)

No, not the spin attack, if you add fury still it still make it go fast still.  As that beserker mod should give the edge make it ultra fast like regular galatine.  Its is worth to swing it for I say, its really truely worth it to swing it.  Probably get giga dmg and crit together.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

*Edit*

I got one question, when the plains of eidolon is going come out?

Edited by ChaoticEdge

8 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

No, not the spin attack, if you add fury still it still make it go fast still.  As that beserker mod should give the edge make it ultra fast like regular galatine.  Its is worth to swing it for I say, its really truely worth it to swing it.  Probably get giga dmg and crit together.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

*Edit*

I got one question, when the plains of eidolon is going come out?

Its supposed to come late summer but expect it later because DE has reputation of releasing stuff later then they originally planned, and if by chance they release it on time then we will be pleasantly suprised, so expect they worse and hope for best :).

Edited by Culaio

10 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i wonder if there will be AW nullifying fields/weapons? like something that will force a player out of AW? I can see AW being OP if players are allowed to freely use it all times

They might do that and anti-archwing artillery guns. Heck maybe the corpus drones from a while back are related to anti air attacking.

Yea, 4h cycle would probably be a little too long. I hope they make it something sensible, or maybe even make it tied to the time you spend in the mission, and lets say it changes every 30mins or so.

1 minute ago, Matir21 said:

Yea, 4h cycle would probably be a little too long. I hope they make it something sensible, or maybe even make it tied to the time you spend in the mission, and lets say it changes every 30mins or so.

I say maybe half of Earth's current time-cycling at the very least (meaning every 2 hours, whether you're there or not), at most it should be every Survival C rotation (40 mins).

Otherwise there could be instances locked to day to evening for those who didn't do Second Dream, and force them back into town via Archwing cinematic for a few minutes, play a 'Warframe goes to take a nap' scene, then go out again in daylight despite the time-cycle not being daylight.

The latter idea I suggested could work nicely if they pull it off right.

6 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Otherwise there could be instances locked to day to evening for those who didn't do Second Dream, and force them back into town via Archwing cinematic for a few minutes, play a 'Warframe goes to take a nap' scene, then go out again in daylight despite the time-cycle not being daylight.

The latter idea I suggested could work nicely if they pull it off right.

Oh yea! I imagine it already, operator leaving his warframe in a "parking area" in front of a bar and going for a drink with other operators :D

6 minutes ago, Matir21 said:

Oh yea! I imagine it already, operator leaving his warframe in a "parking area" in front of a bar and going for a drink with other operators :D

I would imagine the Warframe either taking up a sleeping pose, or following the Tenno around - carrying the purchased items back to the landing craft or acting as a bodyguard, only to end up taking on the subsidiary function of a chair using their left knee and arm, or right-side depending on where you want to sit; the 'frame would stand on one foot.

Because of this, though, Tenno should only be able to turn up in Town at night instances because children and other visitors (non-2nd-Dreamers inclusive) wouldn't be there.

Otherwise Tenno are going to need civilian clothes. And a lot of them. Just to look inconspicuous. 

Spoiler

On that note, why not make the Tenno not classed as an enemy to current enemies (save the Infested, Corrupted, and Sentients) because they never saw a Tenno beyond the Warframe before - of course, until they shoot and use Void powers? It would make it look funny when a Tenno casually strolls through a Corpus base with all the Crewmen staring, weapons lowered, heads tilted, wondering what that person is, while the Warframe is hidden inconspicuously on the position of one of the Crew-suit holders.

And it would add a new avenue for Tenno combat in non-defensive/exterminate mission types; disguising yourself as a Crewman only to casually look like a legit engineer and sabotaging the ship that way, which when it takes effect you'd be messaged by a Sergeant mid-mission who's going "Oi, engineer, what are you doing!? Stop! I just paid for this ship!" or something like it, like "I just replaced that you imbecile!".  

24 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I would imagine the Warframe either taking up a sleeping pose, or following the Tenno around - carrying the purchased items back to the landing craft or acting as a bodyguard, only to end up taking on the subsidiary function of a chair using their left knee and arm, or right-side depending on where you want to sit; the 'frame would stand on one foot.

Because of this, though, Tenno should only be able to turn up in Town at night instances because children and other visitors (non-2nd-Dreamers inclusive) wouldn't be there.

Otherwise Tenno are going to need civilian clothes. And a lot of them. Just to look inconspicuous. 

I can imagine an animation with the warframe hopping along, using one leg and an arm to each hold a bag, with a large case in the other arm, and the operator balancing on the 'frames shoulders.... Ah, the chaos waiting to happen.

[X: Interact]
(Push)
-Warframe tumbles over and drops both bags, operator lands on top of frame in a heap-

40 minutes ago, Matir21 said:

This gets a +1.

Now, just add in a Tenno trying to play a guitar-thing and we'll have the makings of a wonderfully wacky establishment.

16 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I'm more of intrested the new resources in the area.  I just got one crazy idea using melee weapons, add pole handle + galatine blade = SUPER LONG MELEE RANGE WEAPON!  OP Ultra Sword!

Unfortunately the demo showed unique weapon parts so we cant mix and match current weapons. Wish we could though

4 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Hide contents

On that note, why not make the Tenno not classed as an enemy to current enemies (save the Infested, Corrupted, and Sentients) because they never saw a Tenno beyond the Warframe before - of course, until they shoot and use Void powers? It would make it look funny when a Tenno casually strolls through a Corpus base with all the Crewmen staring, weapons lowered, heads tilted, wondering what that person is, while the Warframe is hidden inconspicuously on the position of one of the Crew-suit holders.

And it would add a new avenue for Tenno combat in non-defensive/exterminate mission types; disguising yourself as a Crewman only to casually look like a legit engineer and sabotaging the ship that way, which when it takes effect you'd be messaged by a Sergeant mid-mission who's going "Oi, engineer, what are you doing!? Stop! I just paid for this ship!" or something like it, like "I just replaced that you imbecile!".  

I love the idea. DE, please use this. I'd love to disguise my Tenno as a Crewman and just go through security vaults like, "What's up? I'm here to relieve you, temporarily."

Plus, with them talking about operator weapons makes me get the idea that once their back is turned, I kill them. Or just get the data and casually walk away.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Unfortunately the demo showed unique weapon parts so we cant mix and match current weapons. Wish we could though

Hhmmm not really, unique parts is not going be certain to be customized to be. They spoke about prime into the mix, so it is possible that you might collect prime parts and BP prime melee to be completed.  They weren'the paific on words so they are not spoiling it to be exact to be.

Anyway, will this update will be released this month or next one?

Edited by ChaoticEdge

2 hours ago, TheHappyTyranid said:

I love the idea. DE, please use this. I'd love to disguise my Tenno as a Crewman and just go through security vaults like, "What's up? I'm here to relieve you, temporarily."

Plus, with them talking about operator weapons makes me get the idea that once their back is turned, I kill them. Or just get the data and casually walk away.

That was my plan!