Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How did you get into Warframe?

BrokenBullet

A couple years ago I got an Xbox One but never got any games for it. The first thing I did was go to the marketplace and looked at their free games and found Warframe. I thought it would be crap and now 2 years later its one of my most played games of all time and I've invested a lot of hours into it. I'm glad I did.

i saw an advertisement for a game called warframe, while looking for what's new on the mmorpg genre and signed up for the vip access during warframe closed beta with buds.

nothing much, was really surprised at the download speed/ performance balanced with the graphics. Game devs don't usually show the game for what it is and i was surprised warframe did.

My brother mentioned it to me pretty much as soon as it entered open beta.  I tried it out because I was bored.

I think within 2 weeks I purchased a founders pack.  Played for a bit, got stuck at an Earth defense mission and quit for some time.  Yeah, it f***ing sucked starting out back then.  Heated Charge was pretty much my only +damage mod, and I'm fighting probably level 11ish Grineer?  Defending a huge generator on an asteroid, with Excalibur as my only warframe.  It was no bueno really.  I've been on a few months and off a months pattern since then.  Generally go until I realize I'm only playing for some kind of reward then go find something else to do until I get the itch again.

Some of my friends in high school talked about the game at around the change between 2015-2016. They thought it was pretty fun so in January of 2016, I decided to give the game a try.

11 and a half Mastery Ranks later, and I'm still playing this game.

Found it on steam year 2013. Mind was immediately blown. I would stop playing after a month due to burn out, life stuff and nothing new being implemented for an extended period of time. I'd get back in usually every half a year and continue for a month. No real reason for getting back in other than missing the fun. 

37 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

I saw a Creepypasta on SomeOrdinaryGamers, thought "that game in the background looks cool" and downloaded it.

Boring, I know :P

Could you point it to the video? I like SomeOrdinaryGamers but I never saw this video in question. (apparently youtube unsubbed me from his channel and I haven't noticed until you post)

My buddy got three closed beta keys and gave them to me and another friend and I've been playing warframe ever since closed beta 4 years ago. Also now almost at 3k hrs I only really started playing Warframe seriously in update 9. I've seen a lot in Warframe and can go into further detail if anyone cares about it but this game was extremely pay 2 win back then, farming was on another level of painful and game balance didn't exist. I've never truly seen a game change this much and become known as one of the best f2p games and honestly one of the nicest dev team and community ever.

Never heard about it until watching a certain streamer called Darren (the Potato man) playing it on Vinesauce, way back then. I liked the visuals and it reminded me of Mass Effect, especially the multiplayer aspect of ME3. After spending a couple of days questioning if I really wanted to buy a Founder pack in order to play early or just wait for the invite to come in, I gave up and ended up buying the lowest Founder pack available.

I enjoyed it so much that I ended up raising my Founder status month after month, until I couldn't spend any more money after achieving the Master Founder status.

No regrets since then. And now with this expanded work that they are doing for big, open worlds, I couldn't be happier about Warframe.

Edited by RextintorZ

After seeing all the advertisements around for warframe a couple of years ago I made an opinion in my head that it would probably be a low quality money thief like the other free to play games I was used to at that time, but after seeing some of my steam friends whose opinions in games I trusted quite well playing it, I decided to give the game a short go

Well... I'm still here and have 2000 hours xD

I am fairly new player here but I love the game already and I think this is a nice game with huge potential. My story short really just saw an advertising about warframe and it looked cool after watched some video about it then I decided to try it. Really like to play it :)

57 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

By removing this game from your mind. That is the only way.

This could help:

article-0-0F26BF7400000578-39_634x368.jp

The he will feel nostalgia when he sees it again.

Download it again.

Play it again...

The he will want to get out and forget.

Then he will find it again...

There is no escaping.

I started playing when the PS4 console released because it was a free game. I liked it, but there was so much to do with a new system! So it was lost in the mix.

Now I REALLY got into it around the end of Rhino P/ beginning of Loki P Accesses. I specifically remember Hydroid's release, with his Badass Crossbow (salty there's no Attica P coming with his Prime -_-) and his adorable little Para Carrier. Been hooked since, 2000+ hours in, MR 24 and ready for the future!

I know my story isn't as good as some but thanks OP on making me sit back and reflect on just how great this game has been and the amazing journey it brings!

Edited by (PS4)Brexican

It was summer in 2013 and I wanted to play a new game.

I was roaming some game website that hosted multiple games. One of their games was APB: Reloaded, which is a terrible GTA ripoff with a loading screen so long, you wouldn't even want to see it ever again.

The gaming website also had Warframe. It loaded up in a few hours and then I played late into the night. The moniker Warlord1400 was born, in fact.

My starter frame was Excalibur and I was clearing out missions on Mercury faster than you can say "LF TRINITY". I remember doing my first Defense mission on Venus, killing off Corpus with a Braton :D

My brother @Cryo.1700 soon followed.

I used to binge on Warframe, now I play in after school and on weekends. 3k hours club!

Even though I may not be the best, I love this game and hope I stay for the long haul.

Edited by Warlord1400

Originally I stumbled across Warframe by looking at several  "New Top 10 F2P" lists. Warframe was one of 3 games I downloaded, the others being War Thunder and Path of Exile. Warframe initially stood out as the most original of the 3, even tho I was equally dividing my time among the 3. POE and WT both touched on a sentiment for me going back to the days of PS1, playing Gauntlet Legends and Air Combat for days at a time. Warframe did that too, but in a different way. Never having played Dark Sector or Destiny, Warframe was was an entirely new concept for me. I had never seen anything like it before, kinda. Well what I mean is, I have seen this game before. Looking back to the early consoles and imagining what games would be in the future, I saw this game in my head. Playing Super C and Strider and thinking"wow the possibilities are endless" you wondered will a game ever have everything? A lot of folks imagined something like this, and we never got it, until Warframe. This game was promised to us by our ancestors. We were teased to it's emergence by games like Dynasty Warriors, who's animation sets and hoards of enemies gave us that thirst for wholesale pixilated slaughter, and games like HALO and Unreal Tournament provide the guns and pretense for those slaughtered things to be from space. 

After downloading, I saw the potential of this game. I bought the Hunter Founder Pack and started shooting and slashing at stuff. I had no understanding of gearing, stats, missions, enemy types or loot. It was fun af tho... And as I got deeper into the history aspect of WT I took on a second full time job at a shipyard, eating all of my free time and forcing me to shelf Warframe for the time being. It was just easier to reach for games with faster in/out times, less gearing, and no rts components. I love that stuff, I just didn't have the time to properly unwrap this game. Path of Exile offered a complex yet recognizable format which to me was very easy to pick up and run with. POE has a lot of problems tho, and I was so frustrated with server lag and getting booted that it became unplayable. WT was fun, although the community is why I stopped playing. 

So here I am, returned. I have more time to enjoy this great game. In the few weeks since I started to play again I have to say, I'm impressed. I was glad to contribute early as the game has since thrived. The community is great, the game is spectacular. Aside from the occasional yet understandable "How is your MR that low and you're a founder?" it is all good lol. As a lost and founder I'm catching up as fast as I can and immersing further into this great game. There was a time when hope was lost, when games prompted you to 'press A' to defeat boss. My hope is that Warframe finally kills those games, as it has reset the standard for gameplay.