Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you want to play Raids in Warframe?

DrBorris

Would I personally want to play "Raid" missions in Warframe?  No.  Not ever.  However, as one player out of 30 million or so accounts, my opinion is worth basically less than nothing.  If the devs think that there is enough player interest, they'll add them.  (Or even if they don't think there's player interest and a few devs just really, really want it in.  See:  PVP.)

I recently started to play raids and as a new player to them here is my view.

LoR

Pro: for me LoR is interesting for now. Not that hard to learn, needs organization and communication. Also it's fast paced so it keeps my interest for now. Another good thing is that you can do it only 2 times a day so you get sick of it that fast....except if you are credit/xp farming. 

Con: The amount of time it takes to complete the mission and in the end you are rewarded with 10-25 plat worth arcane... Most arcanes are S#&$, others are a slight improvement. Another thing that bothers me is the state the game is in. Bugs, player hosting resulting in lag and even disconnections. 

JV

Pro: ...

Con: No one knows how to finish it. I get into a group, say i'm doing it first time (before studying the videos), everybody is all quiet but in the 3rd part everybody expects to be carried. 

Also this raid takes even longer to finish, IF you finish it, and the rewards are still mediocre. I'm not prepared to waist multiple hours on this one, trying to finish it because in PUB you'll fail, so i'm not touching JV again.

So basically in the end the current raids are repetitive, long and not rewarding. Arcanes don't make that much of a difference and even if you want them rather buy them.

Not interested in playing a puzzle mission repeatedly when learning how to do raids means watching other people on youtube or being carried by experts.

It's a puzzle right? The fun in puzzles is solving them. Watching someone else do it is basically Spoilers. And once you solve it, you're done, unless you forget how to do things you do every day like tying your shoes. 

And I like solving puzzles solo or with friends, not large groups of randoms I don't know. 

Make a combat trial? OK. This would be more replayable and teaching and pugging might be on. After damage 3.0 though, or it'll be pointless. 

2 hours ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

There needs to be a way for people to try it out so they can learn.  Maybe make a pub version of the raid where anyone can join, no key required, but don't give out good rewards such as the arcane...

Or have normal missions with similar puzzles? If you enter with a team, depending on the number of players you can:

1) Just hack a door.

2) Find Button pads to unlock the terminal and then someone hacks it.

Friendship Doors 2.0

Lets do this.

On 18/8/2017 at 2:19 PM, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

The point of raids is to play in a group. Every game ever that has a raid designed it for groups.

I agree on this. However, Warframe raids are less "army of players storming enemy citadel" and more "tactical small-group raid". So a 4-player (or even Solo) experience would be welcome addition. Sure, more players should make it easier, but not impossible for a solo player, just very difficult (in terms of dealing with mechanics that push your skill, not keeping 30+ one-shot capable enemies permanently CC'ed)

Any raid that is considered "good" cannot be beat/cheesed with less players, rather it should be easier with more players.

Actually, some Raids in WoW (which arguably is the game that made raids popular as a mechanic intensive encounter rather than a prolongued large battle, compare the average WoW raid boss with, say, Kerafym the Sleeper from Everquest). Gruul the Dragonslayer and Al'Akir (just phase 1) were actually easier with less players (although to be fair, raiding on BC and Cata is considered particularly broken, but they aren't as broken as current WF raids, which consist of a bunch of simple mechanics with level inflated enemies)

A "Bring the player, not the Frame" would be a better approach than "Everything oneshots you and you absolutely require mass CC, armor strip and every broken dirty trick in your bag just to counter enemy bullsh*t"

Also, as Endgame, I would like a different approach too: A TRUE Stealth challenge, where running guns ablazing means insta fail and players require to actually bypass enemies and avoid detection rather than kill everything and blow everything up.

Edited by Nazrethim

Well, im am MR14 and I have a lot of top prime warframes and I didn't finish LoR because I simply don't find any team that accept unexperienced players in theyr team. I watched youtube, I readed a lot of things about how to do LoR but still I find it very hard to doit if u don't cooperate ( voice ) whit minimum 3-4 ppl in ur team.

So I would like to play raids, but cant find a team wich communicate good.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, DrBorris said:

So, at the most basic level, would you like to have raids in Warframe?

No.

That's the short answer.

The not-so-short answer is, no, if I wanted a raiding environment I'd go back to playing WoW.

Been there; done that. A lot. Don't want to see it in this game.

1 hour ago, (PS4)stoka_7 said:

Well, im am MR14 and I have a lot of top prime warframes and I didn't finish LoR because I simply don't find any team that accept unexperienced players in theyr team.

Which is a shame.  I have the issue where I sometimes will recruit players or join from recruit tab and we'll end up having new players who don't tell everyone they don't know what they are doing, and it's because of the attitude that some players have of not being willing to teach the raids to newer players.  So, newer players will hide their inexperience in order to get into a team, they'll mess up because they're new (not really their fault), and then the toxicity comes out and no one is happy.  The new player walks away not having had a good experience.  The experienced player walks away mad because their run wasn't optimal.

Experienced players need to be more accepting.  Once that happens, new players will be able to be more upfront about their inexperience, and the experienced players will know to help guide them through.  That would make the experience much less toxic and much more enjoyable for everyone.

21 hours ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

DE made the barrier of entry to high.

You need key, you need to socialize with people to get into a group, and you need to know what you're doing.

I remembered the first time I tried raid I received constant complaints from other players for not doing it correctly.  This is similar to a catch 22 case where when you look for a job you need working experiences.

There needs to be a way for people to try it out so they can learn.  Maybe make a pub version of the raid where anyone can join, no key required, but don't give out good rewards such as the arcane...

So......................."Looking For Raid" as in WoW o people can "experience content"?

That side the Kerafym story is interesting.

http://kotaku.com/the-surprising-and-allegedly-impossible-death-of-everqu-1785741600

21 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

It bugs me every time I read a comment along the lines of the devs not knowing how bring challenge into Warframe.

What it feels like from some of the Dev Streams I've watched, is that they've designed their way into a corner over the years. With how we can mod everything up and the static values on those items, there is only so much that can be done, once players figure out a different way to game different systems, in terms of how enemies can be created to respond to what players are capable of.

So it feels more like they are trapped inside too many design limits and are rightfully afraid to mix things up with say a Damage 2.5 or 3.0 system due to player response when such changes are shared with us or tested here and there, (one example that comes to mind was that idea of enemy weak points, that in the test run that was broadcast, Rebecca had trouble aiming at the weak points, when also dealing with multiple enemies).

Therefore, what needs to evaluated is what is more important, full player license to mod however we like with mods that produce static values or fully pursue avenues (that can be uncomfortable) to bring in more challenge to Warframe (that may have to add in unwelcome restrictions over the long haul)?

Personally, I've liked most of the risks that the devs have taken to evolve the game so far, and it's gonna take another risk in adding challenge to Warframe in some form, to evolve the status quo in Warframe.

People say Rivens are the reason why damage 3.0 never happened. They were a bandaid fix they cant get rid of now.

Edited by BetaNoire

I don't really find the raids fun. Too many gimmick mechanics and people prefer to just cc everything. I'd prefer a SWAT team raid where we toss grenades through their window and kick down their door and start shooting all the bullets.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

56 minutes ago, BetaNoire said:

That side the Kerafym story is interesting.

History of MMOs is one of adventure, trials, perseverance, glory, nerds and d*ck moves. MMOs bring the best and worst in humanity, just like a war, except with fireballs that pretend to do damage rather than guns that do real damage xD

42 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

History of MMOs is one of adventure, trials, perseverance, glory, nerds and d*ck moves. MMOs bring the best and worst in humanity, just like a war, except with fireballs that pretend to do damage rather than guns that do real damage xD

Oh I know stories of betrayal. Like the Death of Korthos Army. :(

Currently it is only a very small portion of the player base that have completed a trial once, let alone play them regularly.

Idk what you're on about, when I first started to play raids about a year ago or so and started rfom lor there were S#&$ton of people playing it in public to the point where I ran several LoRs per day (because I it was new for me and both a practice and just something to spend time on).

Shtload of people still play them both public, organize groups in discord and clans. The amount of people that supposedly "don't play them" is grossly overestimated.

And people that play WF would watch a paint dry if they will get rewards for it, so raids being 'boring' isn't their main problem. Rewards suck. As plain and simple as that - Raids, sorties, events - they all suck, they're all watered down to oblivion to the point where you don't get anything significant as reward you get a freaking endo sculpture and arcane warning - and it's not gonna change. Energize is the only arcane you would want on a daily basis, grace is something only a very minor % of players will have a use for because not that many play Chroma-Inaros bunch often. And in a time you would farm a one of two complete sets of those you can probably easily farm 4000-5000k plat instead because it takes ages.

Raids in wf is ok-ish as they are (if only they got rid of JV's third cancerous stage that no one wants to do) because 99% of player play it in public which means no one wants to talks, no one wants to teach anyone anything and no one wants to call out anything, by trying to make them "harder" you will alienate even more people and make raids eletist clan driven bs you can't complete without actual friends - more than it already is. You can't compare wf raids with Destiny because Destiny's gameplay is based on cooldowns, you barely even able to use your abilities and even minor things like grenade has cd of like 20-30 seconds. So it's way easier to make "challenging" raid in destiny, all the "challenge" comes from the fact you can't die willy nilly like you can in all other locations and mobs hit you harder+you have no abilities basically so all you do is manage your ammo and shoot for half an hour straight at lv like 40 or whatever it is boss that is a bullet sponge. Destiny's gameplay overall is way more oldschool and way slower than Warframe's. It's just a standard shooter with a neat graphics and some spice that abilities bring even if you can barely use them.

You won't learn sht that way. The best way to learn is by watching a competent guide (so not something like Mogamu did for example) or running a raid bus or have a clanmates that will be willing to teach people. The only people that can lear something in public runs like you imagine are ones who already agreed to play "meta" setup and have okeyish build and know what they're doing just not for 100%.

I think that is part of the problem with the current raids. It seems easier to complete LOR with less people, when it should be the reverse.

It's only easier because it's easier to find 3 people that won't be eating glue in the corner or expect to get carried than 7 + it simply takes longer because of the nature of Lor with 8 people. And that rule only applies to LoR. Almost all JV raids consist of 6 to 8 people, the main reason why public groups might run with less is because sometiems they can't find 7 or 8 so they have to o in like 5. Plus warframe has no servers (lmao really) and some people know they pc can't handle 8 players but can handle 4-5 for example.

Edited by -Temp0-

Never liked raids in any game to many ppl to rely on or try to get a group togher.  There is only 1 game that I did raid for awile in and that was marvel heroes for it took 20min about for full run. But by the time I started to raid in that game I allready had the highest ranking gear from solo farming othere places so I had the best gear going in.

I would love to get some of the arcane stuff from the raids but that will never happen why I like the new open map gonna add new arcanes so I can finally farm for that.

When they were new we did them every day more or less. But in the past year or so I've only done like 2. Honestly, I'm not sure what happened, I know there was only a small hard core of us doing them in my clan, but then no one bothered, so, I kinda stopped as well. i think sorties and the shear amount of dailies and content in WF now just keeps people busy enough without needing to do raids. If you want to start farming arcanes/plat it's the sole reason to do them. But trust me LoR gets old when you do it and NM every day for a while, because you have about time to hit a sortie and log off unless you are a no lifer.

First time I've heard the devs talking about raids as endgame, I was amazed with the idea of huge battles, and enemies and bosses capable of dealing with 8 powerful tenno. It turns out it's all about hacking this, carrying that, standing on that... basically group puzzles. Unless they rethink the raids conception, I'm not any interested.