Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not really looking forward to playing as the operator

Hypernaut1

9 minutes ago, Warhawg01 said:

It's quite obvious DE is going all in on Operators. And I find that completely unfortunate. 

It's not the direction i want them to take, but I hope they prove me wrong. 

I preferred the feeble operator that used the power of their minds to control these great Warframes that were based on ancient warriors.  I really liked how at first it took all their mental strength to project themselves on the battlefield.  

But hey, it's not my game.

21 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I play this game because I wanted to kill things, operators will now be better at killing things apparently.

I fail to see any problem with operators.

That's like saying "I like riding a motorcycle, so I don't see any problem riding a tricycle."

No matter how well they can kill, unless they turn their gameplay including mobility system and everything similar to frame gameplay, it's not comparable in any way.

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

That's like saying "I like riding a motorcycle, so I don't see any problem riding a tricycle."

No matter how well they can kill, unless they turn their gameplay including mobility system and everything similar to frame gameplay, it's not comparable in any way.

I didn't know you've gotten to play in Warrior mode already.

And saying you don't like Warrior mode is like saying you don't like a movie that's coming out next year.

Or saying you don't like Operators is like saying you don't like a character of anything ever. It's a perfectly valid opinion to not like any kind of character, but you shouldn't expect the creators to bend to your whims, ya know?

I love how some of you are saying, "I don't want to play with the Operator rework! I like mine as it is!" while we don't even know what the rework is about.

EDIT:

Yeah, like that :)

And saying you don't like Warrior mode is like saying you don't like a movie that's coming out next year.

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

The operator is a thing.

It's gameplay, it's lore, it has been there to stay from day one.

Until today it has sucked.

Honestly it can't get worse than how it already is.

So I say welcome to these changes.

I smell that this outrage comes from the fact that many are concerned about losing the operator buffs in Warframe mode, I honestly think that DE will nerf some of them but not eliminate them because it would break how the game is.

Break badly I would dare to say and the disappointment of the player base would be too much.

I hope Operator will have a totally different pace honestly.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

Or saying you don't like Operators is like saying you don't like a character of anything ever. It's a perfectly valid opinion to not like any kind of character, but you shouldn't expect the creators to bend to your whims, ya know?

I said "unless they turn their gameplay similar to frame gameplay".

I mean, maybe they'll make their gameplay good. But they haven't shown anything about it, therefore there is no reason to believe that the gameplay changes much.

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I love how some of you are saying, "I don't want to play with the Operator rework! I like mine as it is!" while we don't even know what the rework is about.

Some of us are saying that we don't play with operators at all. Don't force it on us.

Just now, Naftal said:

I said "unless they turn their gameplay similar to frame gameplay".

I mean, maybe they'll make their gameplay good. But they haven't shown anything about it, therefore there is no reason to believe that the gameplay changes much.

There is also little reason to make a thread saying you don't like something that doesn't exist yet, but the OP still did.

I am, at least as long as they're still kids and overall weaker than the warframes. The moment they're forced to grow up or become more powerful(not in lore but gameplay terms) is when they loose appeal to me. I do love this dichotomy between frail, unbridled child and powerful, restrained warframe. I hope that in the future they'll find a way to make transitioning faster, and somehow allow the operator to be on the battlefield with the frame having retained enough energy to remain active and sentient, acting like a way more powerful specter.

Just now, JSharpie said:

There is also little reason to make a thread saying you don't like something that doesn't exist yet, but the OP still did.

There is also no reason to defend something that doesn't exist yet, especially when the devs haven't told how it's going to work.

Just now, Naftal said:

There is also no reason to defend something that doesn't exist yet, especially when the devs haven't told how it's going to work.

I'm not defending anything. Just pointing out how silly all of this is.

If anything, I'm just being optimistic, as this will be the final straw for me. If they screw this up, I'll probably quit for awhile.

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I defend it because you are making conclusions about something that's not even out.

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

8 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

This game is called WARFRAME... Not OPERATORS.

But who controlling the warframe? 😛 and you have name star wars, and we dont see star fighting the star or star in the war. Its just the name.... Maybe its a bad comparison but you see my point

Edited by Vlada91

Oh for the love of-... No one will be forcing you to play exclusively Operators! If you choose to play "hunt the boogieman" then yes, because that's the particular shtick to that game mode. Much like AW is for Jordas or some other missions. You can still go about ignoring that 5 key on your keyboard after PoE launches if you so desire. 

I really don't get this near-panic some have. DE isn't switching gears away from frames. Even if they do concentrate on it now a bit more, that means they are allocating resources to get this particular feature into as complete of a state as possible, rather then dripping parts of it out over time. Operator mode and the entire Focus system is a half-baked mess and I am happy that they are actually doing something with it.

I mean, with that mentality, you could argue that DE has completely abandoned Corpus because all the fancy new enemies and story has been more or less centered around and against Grineer. Corpus has gotten a few new bosses in like a year. Grineer got a tilesets (two, if you count earth rework) and enemies unique to it, granted most are reskins, but that's WAY more then corpus got.

Operators is a mechanic in the game. And like all mechanics, if and how you use them is up to you. Just because they flesh out the Operator system and Focus doesn't mean they'll stop making frames. 

1 hour ago, Misgenesis said:

Its better than the current system which is completely broken

incorrect. there will still be broken af things in the game and theye not going to touch that. if anything theyre just making a good portion of the frames have less options and as such will see less game time. 

1 hour ago, FashionFrame said:

The only real purpose of the new operators is fighting the Eidolon, after that, you don't have to use them if you don't want to. That's not even am hours worth of forced gameplay with them. Also since we don't know how they actually fight, we can't knock it till we try it. 

firstly, if theyre wasting all of this time and energy and resources making something that is JUST for the eidolon, I have to wonder if their leadership is in the right position to be making decisions to do this. secondly, they neglected clans, alliances, the king pin system, the prototype steve was working on.. all for something that revolves around an insanely underwhelming looking big bad monster fight, a big bad monster that doesn't even target you but targets the general area the attacks were coming from? 

ehhh... I think we can in fact knock it a lot based on what we've seen so far, even without seeing the operator combat. 

55 minutes ago, Naftal said:

exactly. theyre still going to be basic and limited, and theyre trying to spice that up with giving them that focus system rework that is all about the operator but its not going to come close to what we know and love, our warframes. 

49 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

do you really think theyre going to give the operators abilities and parkour? or just laser damage buffs and maybe some cloaking? 

what do you think they can do for the operator to make players say WOW THIS IS GREAT!!!  cuz... I don't see that happening 

44 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

incorrect. with what they have put on the back burner to focus on this, I think its important that players let the devs know that this isn't really what we want if that's how we feel. did you even watch the devstream lol? the preview did not make me feel better about the fact that this is what they delayed clan/alliance/kinpin/darksector2.0 for.

43 minutes ago, Naftal said:

exactly. yes manning is quite annoying when everything points to 'this is going to be lame'

42 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I'm not defending anything. Just pointing out how silly all of this is.

If anything, I'm just being optimistic, as this will be the final straw for me. If they screw this up, I'll probably quit for awhile.

if you really feel like youll quit if they screw it up, then why are you being optimistic and yeah you totally have been defending it. no one is dev bashing here, just saying that none of it looks like its going to be to us what it is pre-release to them. I forsee a neglected waste of time and effort and resources in our future. they shoulda just spent time making clans and alliances great again. 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

This game is called WARFRAME... Not OPERATORS.

good point, and unless they give the operators parkour, the ability to use warframe kits, an the ability to use the weapons we have crafted aside from the silly megaman hand cannons, no one is going to play with their operators outside of the eidolon fight.

are we even going to be able to take them into relays or dojos?

did anyone else cringe when steve called the operator armor 'teshiny'??? I like teshins character but have a bad taste regarding conclave and lunaro. not to mention he was a *spoiler* who did *spoilers*. 

Edited by PookieNumnums

It's fine if they don't force it on us.

If they do then that'd be awful - I'm not a fan of the Operators becoming a warrior, that's what Warframes are for, doesn't it defeat the whole point?

To be honest I'm not a big fan of Operators as a whole, ever since Second Dream i've just forgotten they exist and don't use them unless i'm forced to - and that's probably the way i'll continue playing the game.

Not to be critical but it's like Archwing in a sense, it was an idea but it didn't really catch on with alot of players.

Edited by Latiac

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

It's fine if they don't force it on us.

If they do then that'd be awful - I'm not a fan of the Operating becoming a warrior, that's what Warframes are for, doesn't it defeat the whole point?

The point, as you say, for the Orokins, is to put us in some kind of prison while still making us work for them.