The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public Matchmaking Warframe / Weapon filter

Inquizitor

I know, that i am not alone, who literally hates all the Atterax spin2win users, Ember / Mesa press 4 to win etc.

Instead of complaining to nerf things, like everyone else, i ask for different solution.

Not going to ask to nerf any of these, because fanbois would "downvote me to oblivion" (yes, ik, there is no downvote here).

I just ask to add filter, (similar to the one in trading chat) that would act to either INCLUDE or EXCLUDE written Warframes / Weapons etc. (Example: if you wrote in the filter "Trinity", it would give you random Tenno with at least 1x Trinity in squad or second option to NEVER have any trinity user in team, same would go for weapons). The filter would be optional to use. So those who do not wish to use it, would not have to.

Most likely FAQ:

Q: Why?

A: Because Warframe is a game (for those who forgot, games are meant for fun) and one cant really have fun when in literally every match there is that one spammer person that kills everything. Instead of asking to nerf any of these frames or weapons, to take others "JOY" away...no. I just dont want to play with them on public matchmaking.

Q: Play solo?

A: Best question 2017...no, just kidding. Warframe is Co-op, and sometimes you meet some really nice people, who are fun to play with...and sometimes the "rest". Besides, playing solo in fashionframe is just not it.

Q: Use recruiting chat / play with clan / friends?

A: Yeah, write in there what exactly? "LFG [AXI E2 Relic] Rad only NO EMBER USERS, NO ATTERAX USERS!!" ....i dont think thats gonna work well

Edited by Inquizitor

12 minutes ago, Inquizitor said:

A: Because Warframe is a game (for those who forgot, games are meant for fun) and one cant really have fun when in literally every match there is that one spammer person that kills everything. Instead of asking to nerf any of these frames or weapons, to take others "JOY" away...no. I just dont want to play with them on public matchmaking.

So you are trying to forbid others using something they have fun with in order to force your definition of fun on other players...? sounds great and not hypocritical at all!

Sorry have to disagree with this idea.

If this was implemented good luck finding a match if you're not using the meta gear and frames!
For example say I'm playing Zephyr.  Because Zephyr isn't a meta frame most people would just set it to block Zephyr's in the party meaning that I would be unable to find a match at all.
Same goes for Limbo or any other non-meta frame.

This goes double for the weapons.

It would just cause a lot of problems in finding matches and wouldn't be worth it.

I can promise you that the vast majority of groups would set up the filters to exclude every non meta frame.  Good luck finding randoms if you're not enjoying the current FotM meta...

Edited by Tsukinoki

6 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

So you are trying to forbid others using something they have fun with in order to force your definition of fun on other players...? sounds great and not hypocritical at all!

Yeah, it doesn't matter what happens, either ember/atterax/mesa players get to stay or ember/atterax/mesa players don't get to stay, someone will not be enjoying themselves, it can either because they can't get any kills because of other players, or someone isn't allowed to use their favorite frame or weapon 

In all seriousness, though, Every single focus-farming DPS frame would be set to the same thing: at least one trinity, rhino/nidus/octavia, and nova. And then start complaining that they can't find a match. At the very least, it would cause DPS users to ensure there are no other DPS frames.

Also, what happens if I have selected 'no limbo' and then, partway through the mission, a Limbo tries to join? Does the game check the preferences of every single member of the current party, then choose whether or not to put the player there? That would add layers and layers of code, which would slow down the matchmaking servers a lot.

Now I could get behind a matchmaking service that, when given multiple people queued, and multiple parties available, tries to match them up based on frame instead of just location/ping, I.E. have it add a DPS frame to a group that has none, or add a support frame to a group that already has two DPS frames.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

Its a bad idea, it makes finding a group on star char even harder that why the Devs have been against it. There are examples where groups where matchmade to team roles in other games like final fantasy 14, waiting an hour to get a group with a tank or healer. Our current set lets pug group up almost in seconds or minutes. 

There nothing stoping you to go to recruiting tab for specific teams, the reason players dont do this often because it takes ages to set a team with filters.

Edited by (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson

43 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

It really must be fun doing the entire playtime Shift+C+E and seeing everything just dead.

@Inquizitor You know Public Sortie Spy actually say a lot? Dude, you going to have more fun it you DO NOT go Public for Plains.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

waiting an hour to get a group with a tank or healer

No Joke, the Wait time is long.

Real Co-Op XD. Who have patience for that? Just look at other PvP Game (more balance, but for HOW LONG?).

WARFRAME is not PvP, and NO ONE FORCE you to bring type of WarFrames Public.

3 hours ago, Nyaa314 said:

I want public matchmaking user filter. Contrary to popular belief, Ignoring the user doesn't prevent him from being matched with you again.

I did mentioned (months ago) in Reply about "Ignore Working for Matchmaking" that would not match you up with those Ignored. It a Long-shot.

58 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

I want public matchmaking user filter. Contrary to popular belief, Ignoring the user doesn't prevent him from being matched with you again.

Now that would actually make sense witha little limitation.

Whenever you start to search for a round a small counter appears and says how many players are waiting there and how many of them are ignored by you. This way if someone starts complaining that they cant find a match with 100 people on a node you can just tell them to start unblocking people.

I'm just interesting, how, following by the topic starter's logic, can I isolate myself from useless Invis-Loki leechers in squad ?

Сonsidering that Radial-Disarm Loki is very useful almost in every mission. And I think that almost everyone really glad to see a good Radial-Disarm Loki in squad.

How could i find out what current build would use the current Loki ?

How topic starter's Machmaking Filter would divide the builds ?

Or maybe someone take Atterax just to brake the boxes or to use situatively, but not to spin non-stop ?

I saw players who can kill faster than all the squad without using Ember\Mesa and high-ranged melee.

So, maybe it's really better to play solo than asking for such strange thing as matchmaking filter ?

Play by yourself if you can't get over yourself, geez.

Or just squad up with players who conform to whatever playstyle you prefer.

Seriously, if you're playing public it probably means you don't care enough about the actual mission to put together a coordinated squad.

You're probably just salty that somebody got more kills than you even though it literally doesn't matter.

Edited by Tricky5hift

What if a person blocks an Equinox thinking it was a Maim-er, but really it was a sleepy-Equinox?
What if you block a Nova because you don't like slow enemies, but really it was a speed nova?
Etc...

As for weapon exceptions...

What if the person was only ranking said weapon? Since its unranked and unmodded at the same time. The person is a low level player and does not have access to the mods that would class them as a your kill joy.

6 hours ago, Nyaa314 said:

It would help if ignored users cant be matched with you. Even if that would mean, that some players can't find groups anymore.

16 hours ago, Inquizitor said:

I know, that i am not alone, who literally hates all the Atterax spin2win users, Ember / Mesa press 4 to win etc.

Instead of complaining to nerf things, like everyone else, i ask for different solution.

Not going to ask to nerf any of these, because fanbois would "downvote me to oblivion" (yes, ik, there is no downvote here).

I just ask to add filter, (similar to the one in trading chat) that would act to either INCLUDE or EXCLUDE written Warframes / Weapons etc. (Example: if you wrote in the filter "Trinity", it would give you random Tenno with at least 1x Trinity in squad or second option to NEVER have any trinity user in team, same would go for weapons). The filter would be optional to use. So those who do not wish to use it, would not have to.

Most likely FAQ:

Q: Play solo?

A: Best question 2017...no, just kidding. Warframe is Co-op, and sometimes you meet some really nice people, who are fun to play with...and sometimes the "rest". Besides, playing solo in fashionframe is just not it.

Q: Use recruiting chat / play with clan / friends?

A: Yeah, write in there what exactly? "LFG [AXI E2 Relic] Rad only NO EMBER USERS, NO ATTERAX USERS!!" ....i dont think thats gonna work well

First, i must say that there is a reason that NO game ever that allow switching character (in contrast with games make player stick to 1 class) that would ever create a feature that you suggest. It's just simply bad game design.

Second, Waframe is a looter and collecting gear frames. by asking for a filtering of gears, u created a very unfair environment toward new player - who may or may not get the gear. Every frames and weapons must be accessible for all player from the beginning in order for a filter-like feature like that to be fair. Which mean, it is not a solution for waframe, since the core of it is to collecting the gears.

And even games that have all character available from beginning - like Dota 2 and Overwatch - don't use filter option (the only "filter" would be no same character in the same mission, and overwatch didn't even have that at the beginning) and these are all PvP games, none are PvE. Tell me if u ever found a PvE, multiplayer, with multiple class/character game, that have a filter like that, cuz i doubt it existence.

so ... my question for you to add to the stack would be 

Q: Why a frame filter are any valid a solution than a nerf/buff/rework for such frames? 

I'm just interesting, how, following by the topic starter's logic, can I isolate myself from useless Invis-Loki leechers in squad ?

Сonsidering that Radial-Disarm Loki is very useful almost in every mission

That's actaully the prime example why this feature will never be implemented.

You can filter annoying weapons and frame yeah sure. Only "little" problem as you can see above, everything annoys people. They're literally can be annoyed that you breath. Loki that simply goes in invis enrages someone, frost placing globe on the objective annoys someone, nyx with electromagnetic shielding casting absorb annoys people. What fckn does not annoy people? Because I've seen way back people leaving with bless trinity on the team, guess having bless on them all he time was considered "too good".

23 hours ago, TheErebus. said:

I can't wait to never find a match because I refuse to use the weapons that others demand I use. 

Because to hell with variety and fun, you must play how I want to you play. 

NO FUN ALLOWED

*pounds sign into the ground and glares at everyone*