The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think the DE should take another look at Bladestorm

bioned

Just reached MR10 today, most used is Ash and Ash Prime with Hikou // Prime and Nikana // Prime.

I wasn't a tenno back when Blade Storm was hit with a nuka nerf bat (or what they call "revamp") but I think DE should visit Blade Storm another visit.

Sure, pre-nerf BS was OP, but now it's really whats dragging Ash down. As I understand, concept of Ash is a ninja hidden in shadow snipping enemies' neck before they know it. The current BS does the job very well against a single enemy standing alone. Well how many times have you encountered that scenario in Warframe? Due to the fact that now Ash can't create any clones will cause other mobs to notice when BS is used against a herd as Ash will slowly pick off one target at a time. 

Thus, what I have been told the most since MR1 is that the best way to use Ash is 4 -> Do combat -> 4, which promotes direct head-on combat which conflicts with Ash's identity. 

I think changing the count of marks BS can generate at once should be limited to a reasonable number of 60, while keeping the max number of enemies marked to a 20 and instead of Ash hacking 20 mobs 20 times, he should be able to spawn clones a number one less than the enemies marked to pick off 

I think thats a reasonable change to BS that should br considered. What are your thoughts?

I think his blade storm is fine, just go invisible mark the targets then blade storm its fine. Who ever told you "4 -> Do combat -> 4" is wrong ash is more versatile than just only using his 4, also fatal teleport and covert lethality is one of his best combos as well.

Edited by paul5473

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Blade storm is more op than before.

I take it to sortie survival, and it can wipe out a full room of enemies

All you need is to know how to really build and play ASH-Buster

I don't know how you say BS is more OP than before.

No offence, have you played ash before?

As someome who has played with both versions of Blade Storm (both as the Ash and a teamate of him), I can't really tell you if like or dislike the re-work of it.

With the old Blade Storm, you could press the button once, go make a cake and return before it's over, with the current Blade Storm this is still possible but requires a lot more things. This used to be annoying, which is why it got changed in the first place, but not only because the team would suffer from it...the Ash could too (Ancients just refused to die from it and you were stuck hitting them untill they do).

Now that we are able to choose our Blade Storm targets, that problem has been dealth with it...and also reversed. Before you would always see people complaining that they couldn't kill anything when Ash activated Blade Storm...well now Ash can't kill anything because by the time you execute it, at least half of your targets are dead. 

To be honest I feel like letting people damage Blade Storm targets and leaving the abilty as it was would have been enough...but well, DE was and still is on that ''Let's make everything have synergy!'' streak.

TL:DR - I would like another look at Blade Storm.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

22 minutes ago, bioned said:

I don't know how you say BS is more OP than before.

No offence, have you played ash before?

My dear, I play Ash all the time

I am MR 24, and i take Ash for a 2 hours survival or any mission in sortie

And i clear the map with a blink of an eye.

Maybe you should learn the secret of playing ASH

You said earlier that it's good for a single enemy standing alone

Maybe you are playing Ash the wrong way

(First, get a Rakta Dark Dagger, mod it in a good way, it will make your animation faster)

(second. keep your fourth activated. when needed press it once again and see the result)

Once blade storm is done, press  it again, and move on,  you will mark enemies without even trying to do so, when needed press it again and BS is on.

An easier way if u you cannot handle the above: press your four, do a 360 while standing in yr place and activate BS.

See the magic

side notes:

Things that may help you: Shade or prisma shade, Zenurik, Arcane Trickery

Cheers

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

The BS is in its worst state ever. 

-Encourage stealth cheese

-No interaction whatsoever (aim and animation - somehow the same to pre change)

- No synergy (if you say Stealth - literally anything can synergie well with stealth)

-Still renders mobs invincible

-Overall an inferior PM

1 hour ago, paul5473 said:

I think his blade storm is fine, just go invisible mark the targets then blade storm its fine. Who ever told you "4 -> Do combat -> 4" is wrong ash is more versatile than just only using his 4.

I like the new Bladestrom mechanics but it's anoying when you targeted around 20 targets and you need to wait until he attack them all, if you have FPS drops the animations are even slower :/

And I hate that when Ash end bladestorm, ash can't move for like half of a second but enemies that survived can shot immediately at him, at higher levels this is a real problem. He need 1 second invulnerability after bladestorm ends.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

They themselves even said they don't want it to be a cinematic like it is. Why did they scrap that? Could they not be bothered?

They wanted to change it, but couldn't find a better alternative to that "wow, i'm a badass" effect those cinematics give.

So with lack of better options they had to leave it as it is.

One of the itterations of the idea was that Ash would create Naruto-like clones who would kill hia victims for him.

The problem with that was that Ash was left out of business. That lazy Ash, making clones do all the job for him...

Edited by Artek94

Another salty "I CAN'T INSTANT KILL 50 PEOPLE WHILE PREVENTING MY TEAM FROM DEALING ANY DAMAGE TO THEM!!!1!1!11!!" fanboy-post.

Moving on.

Seriously, I played Ash before AND after the rework. And he's better now. End of dicsussion.

EDIT: Oh boy, salty replies! Why don't people understand that Ash isn't a mass-murder frame like Valkyr, Ember, Saryn, and Nidus but a damn ASSASSIN.

Do I REALLY need to point out the sarcasm here with a giant neon sign that reads "SARCASM RIGHT THERE" or what? Jesus.

I'm out.

Edited by o0Despair0o
ಠ_ಠ

7 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Another salty "I CAN'T INSTANT KILL 50 PEOPLE WHILE PREVENTING MY TEAM FROM DEALING ANY DAMAGE TO THEM!!!1!1!11!!" fanboy-post.

Moving on.

Seriously, I played Ash before AND after the rework. And he's better now. End of dicsussion.

The hell dude? This is one of the better feedback posts about his blade storm. His suggestion just makes it so he can target more enemies, which would put him on par with other major damage dealing frames.

Ash wasn't designed as a MASS damage dealing frame, so i think it fair hes not on par with frames like ember/banshee/"insert aoe frame here" , Being an assassin gives him the mobility of priority targets like fatal teleporting a nox or those dam napalms on kuva fortress survivals, etc. Before rework i use to hate being locked into a bladestorm where is now i can prioritize a specific area of enemies .

As far as an assassin frame goes hes in a good place right now, and if you really want to be a mass murder frame then perhaps hes not right for you #justsaiyan

Edited by SandSquash

54 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

They wanted to change it, but couldn't find a better alternative to that "wow, i'm a badass" effect those cinematics give.

So with lack of better options they had to leave it as it is.

Add the animations to Fatal Teleport since Fatal Teleport doesnt work on Ospreys and has targeting issues. 

And let it keep all the equiped weapons mods/stats since he uses the hidden blade in those.

Edited by Madway7

the real issue with blade strm that its still cutscene prime, a nerfed cutscene prime.

blade storm should only send clones, have mark mode be like desecrate, energy taken per mark, clone instantly sent after the market target.

we dont want to not play while a cutscene is playing, the original problem is still there, thats why no one use blade storm anymore, its a nerfed version of his 3rd ability's augment, Fatal Teleport.

The cut scene thing is kinda iconic to Ash. People either hate it or absolutely love it. 
Even among Ash fans, no one can decide.

Personally I am pro-cut scene removal mainly because Ash for being such a tanky frame should not get free invulnerability during the animation. Just send out 2 clones and they do the auto killing.

Let Ash use his guns and weapons at the mean time for even moar DPS.

My only issue with Bladestorm now is the cutscene, yes it looks cool but its ... Boring? I thought DE would remove that cutscene or shorten it allowing you to move while your clones continue killing the highlighted enemies as usual without locking you in place for 15 seconds but NOPE!

That and the fact Bladestorm is just a fancy looking Fatal Teleport with bleeding as a bonus. Didn't like Bladestorm that much before the nerf and still don't x.x

Edit: The dude above me agrees! Yey!

I speaky no Engrish, yas!

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

The solution is simple enough. After marking all his targets, or after manually exiting targeting mode, Ash should sink into the shadows with some sort of edgy animation, at which point you'd see his shadowy clones taking out the enemies en masse. Afterwards, he would ninja flip back out of the shadows and be on his merry way. It'd make the attack much faster overall, while still involving Ash and without locking the player into vomit cam for 15+ seconds.

My only 2 complaint of new bladestorm are stacking the mark(i wish it only tag 1 time) and slow animation (maybe spawn the clones as many as marked targets). I know the later might affect low end pc/laptop since it need more processing power.

I like the rework. It could use a few tweaks, but if you know how to use it, it's still a highly effective and damaging move. Like someone else said, he's not meant to be a mass damage room nuker anymore. He's an assassin, taking out high priority targets. 

Bladestorm is an ability that really shines as the enemies get tougher. When your teammates aren't OHK enemies anymore, they wont be killing much faster than BS. It ignores armor makes Ash invulnerable, cause bleed damage and can return Ash to a safe spot.

Most people over look the fact that bladestorm can easily oneshot most lvl 100 enemies by just having a steel charge on your ash. If DE would to make bladestorm clone only, then they would most likely have to nerf bladestorm's damage.

I would rather have bladestorm be viable at high lvls with cutscenes and not the other way around.

You also realize that bladestorm speed is related to his attack speed, so a dagger with fury for instance has a super fast bladestorm cutscene. Play around with it alittle bit before hating on it. Rakta dark dagger with covert lethality and fury only is apparently strong enough for bladestorm in a level 3 sortie so level 80-100 enemies and it kills them.

so don't worry about it 2 much