Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Focus School will you choose?

CanIbiteU

1 minute ago, GreyEnneract said:

Unairu still only gives armor, and % armor at that. Terrible decision. With Void Mode giving allies stealth making no sense at all. Should be on Naramon.

In a way it make sense you are about removing aggro as a "tank" and that what you do when you stealth your team mates.

Just now, Emolition said:

In a way it make sense you are about removing aggro as a "tank" and that what you do when you stealth your team mates.

A tank draws aggro to themselves, a Recon Support stealths their allies.

This passive is like putting Ash's Smokescreen augment on Valkyr.

Then there's the 20% armor problem instead of DR, or even just a good amount of flat armor so it'd be useful on all frames.

And the random damage boosting wisp, which only boosts the damage of operators. Very confusing as to why that's on Unairu.

24 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

A tank draws aggro to themselves, a Recon Support stealths their allies.

This passive is like putting Ash's Smokescreen augment on Valkyr.

Then there's the 20% armor problem instead of DR, or even just a good amount of flat armor so it'd be useful on all frames.

And the random damage boosting wisp, which only boosts the damage of operators. Very confusing as to why that's on Unairu.

I agree that flat armor would be nice for at least one buff (like the one affecting warframes). However since the theme was "paladin" I like that the stealth ability (auto-baked in to every operator) protects the team. I also agree the wisp is a "little" random, ok REALLY random. But hey, it's unique, lol

1 minute ago, halofury36 said:

I agree that flat armor would be nice for at least one buff (like the one affecting warframes). However since the theme was "paladin" I like that the stealth ability (auto-baked in to every operator) protects the team. I also agree the wisp is a "little" random, ok REALLY random. But hey, it's unique, lol

Makes more sense for the Vazarin ability to be on Unairu. The whole Void Mode creating a growing shield dome.

10 minutes ago, halofury36 said:

Yeah... that is true. Maybe swap the two?

I'd give the stealth to Naramon to replace their awful Void Mode sees enemies up to 20m.

Give the Void mode dome to Unairu, and then let Vazarin heal allies and make them immune to status/CC while in Void mode.

the only good thing about Console master race... we get to watch you PC lab rats struggle and strain brain cells so we dont have to =)

on another note with all 5 schools unlocked and every thing at least opened though not all used...  i'm sitting on a ton of unspent points now in all schools not to mention what i will have after the refund. i should be able to play with them all  after seeing what the labrats come up with

Did they happen to add the ability to save a focus school for each loadout?

It's kind of a frame-specific choice.

On something like Harrow/Trinity I might want to get affinity range buffs from Vazarin since some of their abilities are based on affinity range. 

On any energy hungry frame I'd still use Zenurik. 

If I don't need energy I might go Mandurai just for damage passives.

If they don't give us loadout specific focus settings I'll just leave it on Zenurik 99% of the time even on frames that don't need Zenurik because I'm too lazy to change the settings constantly. 

Hmmmmm. . . I know without fail I'm just gonna be a pure Naramoni for quite awhile as I get myself up to serviceable speed (huh, from the list, guess that's a pun?)

As for what my secondary school will be?  I think I'll need to roam the Plains a bit "In-The-Flesh", sniff out what my "improved body's" strengths and weaknesses are. If it's anything like me old outta shape and cripply one, gonna need to move faster and have a bit more meat on them old bones before I'm combat ready.

Guess that means, assuming I'm correct in understanding that "Way-Bound" skills are only able to function if they are your "Mainline" School, I'll get. . . A Minor's Degree in Unairu?

8 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

Zenurik, because thats where majority of my points are in. The fact by what looks like it takes at least 20 million to max out a single tree and 3 + million for the pool supply for node activation, I have to otherwise it'll take forever to get anywhere in another tree. I only have according to my numbers around close to 4 million focus in Zenurik. Thats barely anywhere even far into the new focus tree from what I saw on prime time last night.

If you even want to max a single tree, you have to get 250k focus points a day for 112 days. DE needs to lower the points needed to fill up each node honestly because from the looks of it it seems it'll be next to nothing finished for me. Not everyone grinds 100k focus rep a day like others. I only gained what I have since 2nd dream by having it passively on without picking up the convergence tokens often.

I agree here.  If they want it to be a long-term goal, fine.

But...

It's going to be a huge pro/con issue for newer players they are trying to transition into long-term vets.

For reference' sake, I'm a long-term vet who loves the game; thousands of hours, MR 23 and nearly at 650 logins.

I invest real-world $ at times due to responsibilities (time limitations) because it's not feasible to grind the trade scene.

And believe me, I'm pro-business model when it comes to DE's revenue requirements to keep growing the Tennoverse.

I'm a consistent, casual player.  I don't ever burn myself out setting goals of 100k focus a day or grind mutagen samples until my eyes are infested Hematomas.

I've always just thrown lenses into most-used frames and weapons and let the points passively accrue.  

That has been the beauty of the game for me; So long as you play and ENJOY everything about Warframe, the long-term timesink will get it's systems to work FOR you.

But if TENS of millions of points in EACH Focus are going to be needed just to enjoy the next evolutionary step in Gameplay...

DE needs to weigh very carefully the positives and negatives.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Will use the Focus I already have in Naramon to get the passive operator speed, melee and cc buffs and then Il go for vazarin passives. That should get Operator enough surviveability. After that zenurik for utility. Seem legit. But damn it gonna be grindy lol. 

Starting with the one that pulled me in via lore with TSD

"They believed the clearest path to victory was to Dominate the Enemy. They sought to choke an opponent of all resources; that sheer strength could erase any resistance. "

Zenurik of course.:zenurik:

Like a few others have said, though, I'm going for them all. Why limit yourself? As for the point costs....it's not like it's hard to max our current daily cap, and I believe Reb stated they were raising that cap with PoE. Maxing out a single Focus tree won't be that hard. Doing them all is a long-term goal and should stay that way. Giving everyone an "easy button" is a way to make a game boring.

34 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So, the Focus schools are really good, but are also crazy bonkers expensive. We're talking about maxing out your Focus gain every single day for multiple years just to get all those Operator passives.

"Long term goals" indeed....

9 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

Zenurik, because thats where majority of my points are in. The fact by what looks like it takes at least 20 million to max out a single tree and 3 + million for the pool supply for node activation, I have to otherwise it'll take forever to get anywhere in another tree. I only have according to my numbers around close to 4 million focus in Zenurik. Thats barely anywhere even far into the new focus tree from what I saw on prime time last night.

If you even want to max a single tree, you have to get 250k focus points a day for 112 days. DE needs to lower the points needed to fill up each node honestly because from the looks of it it seems it'll be next to nothing finished for me. Not everyone grinds 100k focus rep a day like others. I only gained what I have since 2nd dream by having it passively on without picking up the convergence tokens often.

I don't know if you watched the stream but it's 14 million total, including the pool supply. So it won't take 112 days. It'll take 56 days which is 2 months, which is basically the same as it costs now to max a tree. Double check your information if you're going to be throwing out numbers. 25 million was the points they were given to use, not how much it costs to max. 

11 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

"Long term goals" indeed....

There are long term goals, and then there are goals which may take longer than the operational lifespan of the game itself to accomplish.

Part of my feedback on this remains: It doesn't matter if the rework fixes everything about Operators, if actually getting to the point where you can access those fixes takes, without any exaggeration, years. Actual years.

That's like receiving an update for the game in the form of an envelope every month containing a page of code for you to manually insert into the game's install files on your computer.

11 minutes ago, xFrostKnightx said:

I don't know if you watched the stream but it's 14 million total, including the pool supply. So it won't take 112 days. It'll take 56 days which is 2 months, which is basically the same as it costs now to max a tree. Double check your information if you're going to be throwing out numbers. 25 million was the points they were given to use, not how much it costs to max. 

I did watch the stream, and they did not unlock all of the trees, they only unlocked a couple of abilities to showcase them. They mentioned that the original cost to unlock the Operator energy pool passives was eleven million Focus points, and they sounded really pleased with themselves about instead lowering it to only three million for that one Passive mode. 

The new Focus trees are literally going to take years, plural, multiple, to unlock.

10 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

actually, according to the stream, it took them 14m more or less to max the focus tree AND get the required focus pool for the nodes