The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question: Do you regularly use Operators more than you absolutely have to?

Toran

I've been soloing the plains mostly, and I've realized that I am actually starting to use them voluntarily a bit more. 

My school is naramon and void blast confuses and disarms enemies. I've actually been using that at times when things get hectic. While stealth is rarely ever necessary, I've used the naramon void ability to see enemies through terrain and sneak up on them. There is one bounty that requires stealth and it came in handy. I've even escaped a few ambushes in void mode. In a group, I'll rez in void mode.

It still doesn't feel like a polished experience. I still get disoriented at times and I still don't "get" the concept of these guys materializing. I thought the floating apparition of mental energy made more sense lore wise. 

Not the direction I would've taken the game in, but I'm coming to grips with it. WF was always about being weird anyway I guess.

Edited by Hypernaut1

On 10/14/2017 at 6:05 AM, Sloan441 said:

No. 

Brief comment...mmm...mostly it's because the Operator isn't the avatar I signed up to use way back when. A large degree of this is simple inertia, but I also don't like the limitations the present keybinds place on me. If I have to radically redo keybinds--which will affect every aspect of my gameplay negatively for a long time--to use this new feature, I'm not inclined to use it much. 

I don't have a problem with the operators from a story/lore perspective. It's strictly a mechanical thing and one I'm loathe to modify since so much muscle memory is involved. 

Sums it up perfectly for me.

The operator has its use.

You can soak a big hit by switching to operator, dying and going back to your warframe.

You can revive a fallen ally very easy by entering operator mode, pressing ctrl for stealth and revive while stealthed.

Void blast is a very usefull cc.

I'm sure more utility will come in the future.

Edit: De should focus on building operators for utility and not for dmg. That's what warframes are for.

Edited by Praslea

Nope. I avoid the operator at all costs. I don't do Kuva siphons or floods, don't plan to do any Eidolon crap, and will probably not spend any focus once it's refunded. Basically the only time the operator happens is when I accidentally trigger transference (using a controller, with my layout, it happens sometimes if I accidentally bump a paddle and select that power). 

The only "operator" thing I'd do is occasionally use the Focus power, but even that is rare.

6 minutes ago, Praslea said:

The operator has its use.

You can soak a big hit by switching to operator, dying and going back to your warframe.

You can revive a fallen ally very easy by entering operator mode, pressing ctrl for stealth and revive while stealthed.

Void blast is a very usefull cc.

I'm sure more utility will come in the future.

Edit: De should focus on building operators for utility and not for dmg. That's what warframes are for.

i agree. More utility, less combat prowess. 

On 14/10/2017 at 5:24 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

They just feel weird, but im trying to learn to love them.

I dont "get" the concept though. Im trying to imagine how this plays out from a story standpoint, and its just weird. 

I would be FAR more comfortable with them if My WF became a specter- in fact, i'd probably love double teaming enemies with my WF if that was the case

Now there's an idea, I can get behind. 

The warframe being turned into a specter while we are in operator mode, loving the idea!

But for the record, I rarely use my operator unless I'm forced to it by game mechanics.

That being said, one of the former posts actually highlighted a few things, I didn't consider possible by utilizing the operator. 

Edited by Thando

Yes because my Operator allows me to revive freely, place a free bullet attractor on capture targets/bosses and easily push through hordes of enemies whilst debuffing them for my allies, also for free.

If I can do all this with the small amount of focus I had, I cannot wait until I've grinded the system a bit more.

On 10/14/2017 at 2:15 PM, o0Despair0o said:

Yes, because I am one of the few people who aren't afraid of actually being required to use my brain for something else than smashing the "4" button on my keyboard.

Honestly, I can understand why people don't like the fact that Operators are children, but that's no excuse to be stubborn and go full "I don't like it, so it has to be removed. And until it gets removed I HAVE to insult the system in any way possible". Like it or not, they're here to stay. So deal with it or GTFO.

Reveal hidden contents

Boy, I can already see all the haters coming to start a flame war with me...

I have far more issues with them being mentally childish then i have issues with their physical age. I also cant take them seriously when they are so inexperienced and incompetent. 

On 10/14/2017 at 4:50 AM, UltraGreedier said:

Yes. After I finish my mission I switch to Operator and jump down any cliff, in the hope that I can actually kill it. 

Aye, I've donned a bag on the head of my space vermin in hopes it suffocates. More than two years, it still lives. It seems like space babies need no oxygen 

But no, I am not and will not participate in eidolon takedowns, I will not waste my time leveling the brats, I will not farm kuva, I will not farm more focus than I have now. I'm here for some badass shooting action, not some westernized shonen galore. Call me a nudnick but in my world, space marines > crippled indigo brats

Edited by Teloch

On 10/14/2017 at 11:24 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

They just feel weird, but im trying to learn to love them.

I dont "get" the concept though. Im trying to imagine how this plays out from a story standpoint, and its just weird. 

I would be FAR more comfortable with them if My WF became a specter- in fact, i'd probably love double teaming enemies with my WF if that was the case

Agreed. If our frame move, use abilities and attack like specter (those craft specters from rescue mission), then i will be happy to use operator. And, maybe give operator a separate set of abilities? (Like how there's a separate gear wheel when equipping fishing spear).

7 hours ago, Toran said:

No (I don't count activating passives at mission start). But I will occationally use my OP for resses (thanks to Lisztomaniac for the tip).

Too much fuss, too little gain. This won't hold me back from putting my focus (pun intended) on Destiny 2 next week. I still play Warframe along, but I won't throw myself in the treadmill this time.

Did you just answer your own question in your own thread?

Edited by Kaotyke

Yes.

I love the new operator, i don't have much focus points to unlock nodes and they are already super useful for movement, soft CC, reviving, helping my warframe survive etc. I keep on finding more uses for them that complements my warframe gameplay and i can't wait till i get more focus & operator equipment to make that side of the gameplay even better.

I actually am motivated to farm focus and quill/cetus standing now.

1 hour ago, RedInClaw said:

No.

I have too much fun just shooting things and hitting them with my sword. I might teach myself how to use the operator at some later point, but imo the game already offers a lot more interesting things to put my focus on.

By the way, we should start some kind of club for people with edgelord usernames.