Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.6 + 22.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, swiss1809 said:

Are you kidding me?? Please tell me this was just a misinterpretation?? 

can confirm that I was successfully able to turn in a few thousand standings worth of medallions, after I hit my daily limit, after the hotfix, just a few moments ago

5 minutes ago, zazo55 said:
  • Fixed redeeming more Syndicate Medallions than your daily limit prompting you with a ‘wasting Standing’ message. Redeeming Syndicate Medallions is now affected by your daily cap. 

WHY for what purpose ???

Most likely technical.

My assumption was that cores are similar objects then they weren't able to make exception and make them to act differently, so now they had unified both. But well there is difference, for quills cores are only way to get reputation, for syndicate it was bonus which now seems pointless and waste of time, while previously it was just a bit of bonus making it worth searching them.

edit: 

It appears not to be like I assumed.

It was a typo in release notes, "Medallions is not affected by your daily cap. "

Edited by Krisavi

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed redeeming more Syndicate Medallions than your daily limit prompting you with a ‘wasting Standing’ message. Redeeming Syndicate Medallions is not affected by your daily cap.

Are you being serious?

Edit: nvm just read it's a typo. Apologies.

Edited by Legion216

"Optimized texture streaming in Cetus and the Plains. This will aid in possible relief for 32 bit players that experience crashes."

i was told that all 64 bit does is increase max possible RAM which was pretty much useless for a game like warframe, but after reading that fix. does using the 64 bit client offer more benefits? my pc sucks and i been to the plains, but the ram usage never went above about 1.3 gb or something if memory serves.

(also if anyone has a good pc they don't need send it my way)

41 minutes ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

(Also, I always ask this but why in god's name is it called the "dullahan" mask when it has nothing to do with a dullahan?)

It's a reference to the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, which is inspired by older stories of the dullahan. Brom Bones is implied to use a carved pumpkin to complete his Headless Horseman costume, carrying it like a severed head before throwing it at Ichabod. It's fair to say that the Headless Horseman is only superficially similar to a dullahan, but that's the reason.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

This is an issue we are actively working on.

If anyone has EE.Logs or repro steps we would love to take them: 

Solo bounties, at least in my experience, haven't had the same vault breaking glitch. Public ones, regardless of squad size, do seem to have the issue.

RIGHT, DE just made a HUGE typo. Syndicate Medalions are unaffected, it's just SENTIENT CORES that are locked behind a daily limit.

That makes sense given that cores are the only ways of getting quills standing. My guess is that this happened because in the back end, Sentient cores are very likely that sentient cores are treated as syndicate medallions.

1 minute ago, Jakomaru said:

"Optimized texture streaming in Cetus and the Plains. This will aid in possible relief for 32 bit players that experience crashes."

i was told that all 64 bit does is increase max possible RAM which was pretty much useless for a game like warframe, but after reading that fix. does using the 64 bit client offer more benefits? my pc sucks and i been to the plains, but the ram usage never went above about 1.3 gb or something if memory serves.

I use automatically the 64 bit client , being on 7 x64,

Warframe uses 2.2GB of ram normally, and goes up to 2.36 in the plains.

Anyway 64 bits have advantages for large datasets, to sum a technical bit in a short sentence.

4 minutes ago, Jakomaru said:

When PoE first released, I switched to 32bit to see if it's any better and it helped with performance in the plains a ton (64bit has odd hitches every now and then), but took 2-3x time to load. Still loaded about 1.3-1.4GB of stuff in RAM before opening the doors to Plains.

I guess best bet is to just try it out?

20 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

Best advice I can give is to stop worrying about a videogame, and take measures to improve your life and your situation. When you've done that, come back to videogames.

and my answer is... why effort? anything i can do is frustrated thanks to the chavistas, it will be worst and worst. every day to day