Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Argonak

KnightCole

Its actually kind good.  At least I like it.  Feels alot like the FG42 from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.  Punchy, slow firing. 

If they wanted to go ahead and give it another 100 rounds and make it a new LMG, that'd be nice lol

Also, is the highlighting red, an Argonak thing, or a hot fixed in crutch for bads to see in PoE? 

8 minutes ago, KnightCole said:

Its actually kind good.  At least I like it.  Feels alot like the FG42 from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.  Punchy, slow firing. 

If they wanted to go ahead and give it another 100 rounds and make it a new LMG, that'd be nice lol

Also, is the highlighting red, an Argonak thing, or a hot fixed in crutch for bads to see in PoE? 

Yes, the effect is an in-built feature of the Argonak.

i like the Argonak,put 3 forma into it myself

although i was hopeing that it would act like widowmakers rifle in overwatch were its full auto on hip-fire and a sniper that automaticly charges up a shot when you ADS,but gonna have to wate and see if a gun of this style/type will be added in to warframe

5 minutes ago, TasteVengence said:

i like the Argonak,put 3 forma into it myself

although i was hopeing that it would act like widowmakers rifle in overwatch were its full auto on hip-fire and a sniper that automaticly charges up a shot when you ADS,but gonna have to wate and see if a gun of this style/type will be added in to warframe

I was hoping it would have an actual scope, instead of being 'just another rifle' with an ADS gimmick.

17 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I was hoping it would have an actual scope, instead of being 'just another rifle' with an ADS gimmick.

i wonder if they COULD add a scope to the Primary Fire mode...and lower the auto mode zoom down a bit? its just a bit too much and is only good in the large tiles or the Plains, sadly.

On another note....anyone else feel that they missed a 1 on the crit chance for the secondary fire? (base stats btw)

5hcHQqO.jpg

I'm glad there isnt a change in damage or damage type unlike another weapon that shares a similar fire mode swap mechanic

I also wish the highlighting worked regardless of what was in the way....(ie a toxin cloud from an osprey blocking the highlighting)

Edited by Kalvorax

13 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

Stradavar is,a good weapon and argonak is even better. They can deal with lvl100 heavy gunners relatively easily. You just need nice rivens because they are riven weapons

So, you're saying they work well with the overpowered RNGezus mods that were added as a crutch to help some of the more terrible weapons hobble a but less ?

Yea, so terrible weapons then.

Edited by Keltik0ne

57 minutes ago, Keltik0ne said:

So, you're saying they work well with the overpowered RNGezus mods that were added as a crutch to help some of the more terrible weapons hobble a but less ?

Yea, so terrible weapons then.

you have to accept that riven disposity is part of the weapons' stats and rivens are part of weapons. 

instead of reworking the stats on most older weapons they chose to introduce rivens. thats it.

Edited by Cicasajt

22 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

you have to accept that riven disposity is part of the weapons' stats and rivens are part of weapons. 

instead of reworking the stats on most older weapons they chose to introduce rivens. thats it.

I do accept it, I just find it a very lazy approach to rebalancing older content while using an opportunity to add a further layer of RNG to a game that already has more than enough.

It also goes against the statements made in dev streams that they understood player frustration about this area and were working to reduce it.

Also, if the idea was to bring poorly balanced weapons up to parity with the better ones, why would a newly released weapon even need a riven at all ? Is it deliberately bad ?

16 minutes ago, Keltik0ne said:

Also, if the idea was to bring poorly balanced weapons up to parity with the better ones, why would a newly released weapon even need a riven at all ? Is it deliberately bad ?

you still dont understand that riven disposition and riven mods are part of the weapons now. just because a weapon is not as strong as others without a riven it doesnt make that a bad weapon. you just took out a part of that weapon and saying its bad.

why do new weapons need mods? are they bad?

why doesnt the argonak has 50% crit chane? amprex has it so argonak is a bad weapon?

why doesnt argonak have 1000 damage? the opticor has it so argonak is a bad weapon?

the opticor doesnt need crit to be strong. does that mean that the soma prime is a bad weapon because it needs crit mods?

see how pathetic this is?

On 10/20/2017 at 3:37 PM, zornyan said:

It’s a fun weapon to use, but overall terrible compared to other weapons, wouldn’t take it into sorties or any high level content.

tigris prime for another few months it is I guess...

Even if Argonak is harder to use effectively, you do know that there are many other very good weapons out there other than Tigris P, right? I actually feel like Tigris P lacks power vs other heavy hitters.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

6 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Even if Argonak is harder to use effectively, you do know that there are many other very good weapons out there other than Tigris P, right? I actually feel like Tigris P lacks power vs other heavy hitters.

Indeed, I very rarely touch my Tigris Prime, one of my most used guns is the braton prime, probably closely followed by tenora and vaykor hek.

im a huge fan of assault rifle type weapons so braton always been my go to, argonak sounded like it could have been a side option at least but unfortunately not.

On 10/25/2017 at 8:31 PM, Keltik0ne said:

It's a great weapon that only really does badly if you want to kill anything.

Seriously, it's almost as bad as the Sadovar,

Except for the part where it has better DPS, 4 times the damage per bullet, and much better status output when compared with Soma Prime. And unlike Stradavar, this gun's full auto mode actually has the benefit of improved status chance. I'm honestly surprised that anyone thinks Argonak is bad, when Soma Prime was the gold standard in assault rifles for ages, and this is straight up better.

10 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Energy color highlighting of enemies (handy in the Plains).

now if only it went out to 400m instead of a mere 100m

9 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Except for the part where it has better DPS, 4 times the damage per bullet, and much better status output when compared with Soma Prime. And unlike Stradavar, this gun's full auto mode actually has the benefit of improved status chance. I'm honestly surprised that anyone thinks Argonak is bad, when Soma Prime was the gold standard in assault rifles for ages, and this is straight up better.

and the fact that both modes are the same status types (impact and Slash majority..with a slight more bias to slash)..instead of the strad's different damage focus depending on the mode lol.

I love that the Argonok is crit focused semi mode and status focus full mode...with a good amount of status or crit in either mode (except for that odd as hell 9% in full auto...whichj i personally think should be 19% to reflect the semi mode having a 19% status)

Staggering bleeds for days...*drool*

The extra damage and shift to puncture primary on the Strad is part of what makes it usable against Grineer. It's a hell of a lot more oomph against Heavy Gunners- and it's up front instead of backloaded trash like slash procs. From there you can either go Corosive to just delete the heavy gunners or Radiation so you have a raw damage answer to all Grineer.

The problem with the Strad is that it has no way of handling both armor types at higher levels. A radiation build can kill bombards but then you're stuck in a radiation build. A Corrosive build can trash 99% of enemies but bombards will soak you hard.

The Argonak in a corrosive status+crit build (easily achieved in exchange for some of the per-shot damage) is a coro-status weapon for dealing with high alloy armor and a crit light sniper (that can actually break 100% crit chance without crit delay or a riven, btw) when not.

Perhaps the best thing about it is that it can be completely faction agnostic in a single build.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

24 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

(that can actually break 100% crit chance without crit delay or a riven, btw) when not.

huh? no way it can get to 100% crit with a base of 27%...not even with PS and CD...MAYBE in addition to Argon Scope...but at that point your wasting slots for a crit focus.

but yes it is good for status in its full auto mode...and ok in semi mode.

3 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

huh? no way it can get to 100% crit with a base of 27%...not even with PS and CD...MAYBE in addition to Argon Scope...but at that point your wasting slots for a crit focus.

but yes it is good for status in its full auto mode...and ok in semi mode.

Argon + Point Strike is a net of 385% (+285%) of your crit chance, gets 103.95% crit chance net.

Math isn't that hard :/

Plus this means with a riven of at least +120.4% crit chance, you get guaranteed crits if you throw in Point Strike as well.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

On 19.10.2017 at 10:17 PM, KnightCole said:

You know that having a large magazine isn't a standard feature of LMGs right?

There are several LMGs with magazines of 20 or less rounds.