Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #100!

[DE]Rebecca

I was shocked & so disappointed with alot of "partner" twitch streamers. There was way too much click baiting. But what was worse is so many acted like they knew warframe well, but the more they spoke the more I was embarrassed that they poorly repsented my favorite game that I enjoy so much. But I will say inexpensivegamer was refreshing with his knowledge and showed the true warframe community ways by answering questions with depth and trying to help many different levels of player experience. You could see that he does enjoy you game like so many of us Tenno do. 

• ETA on next cinematic quest and Umbra? Can we expect it on Christmas?
  • Status update on Nemesis system?
  • Where are dojo aquariums? There is concept art, but it's a few years old.
  • When will we be able to replay quests? My Codex only shows the final entry from Titania's quest and there is no way to get 2 previous Codex entries.

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CptFuzzy1974 said:

I was shocked & so disappointed with alot of "partner" twitch streamers. There was way too much click baiting. But what was worse is so many acted like they knew warframe well, but the more they spoke the more I was embarrassed that they poorly repsented my favorite game that I enjoy so much. But I will say inexpensivegamer was refreshing with his knowledge and showed the true warframe community ways by answering questions with depth and trying to help many different levels of player experience. You could see that he does enjoy you game like so many of us Tenno do. 

Maybe I am wrong but the streamers that are choosen by DE to be offical streamers should be the ulitmate guides of the lotus.They are showing the world this masterpiece of a game. They are not only DE ambasadors but ambassadors of Tennos everywhere. I think most Tennos will agree we are proud, not only players, but members of this digtal society that your work has created in this world.

Earlier, we learned that DE was working on the 'King ping' system for clans (Shadow of mordor style thing?). I was wondering if there was any word on the progress of this item, as well as the talk about getting small perks for playing with clan members.  Most of the 'daily' activities that warframe offers are complete-able entirely solo or with a group of random people, I am really looking forward to tasks that can only be completed as a clan, or with clan members to encourage the guild system.

Second, we heard and saw this 'living meteor' that was suppose to crash on the 30th of October....and we have yet to find/hear more about it. Is this a delayed event (due to soon^tm) or did I just miss something?

Third, In regards to the focus system. While some people have time/skill/experience farming 250k standing a day, will there be some type of special mission (an alert/nightmare type?)or other 'something' that will enable additional gains on top of focus orbs and what not to help players that have less time get standing faster? (kind of similar to the maroo ayatan weekly hunt)

With the massive work on plains i cant wait to play on ps4. Wanted to ask will the prize i sortie change for the better? its a daily feature Which is enjoyable but getting rewarded sculpture day after day is making it not worth doing an then 4000 endo hurts the soul plz plz Sheldon better the prize pool we now have 3 type riven put some popular event mods or even fishs lol

13 hours ago, Arniox said:

No. Please, STOP ASKING THIS. 

They're not changing, they reward players who have logged in for a long time. There's no catchup, speed up or skipping for anyone 

I'm sitting at 690 days, closing in on 700. I'm fine, but that doesn't mean I don't know that new players aren't. There are better ways to address the login rewards like this. Guild Wars 2 has a wonderful login reward system, even Final Fantasy 14 changed their system after rewards passed 1000 days.

29 minutes ago, Server said:

I'm sitting at 690 days, closing in on 700. I'm fine, but that doesn't mean I don't know that new players aren't. There are better ways to address the login rewards like this. Guild Wars 2 has a wonderful login reward system, even Final Fantasy 14 changed their system after rewards passed 1000 days.

Like their title implies, "login rewards". They reward players for their loyalty. They shouldn't be deminished just because some players think they should get things before others. I am closing in on my 500 day reward, I am okay waiting for the rewards. I am just happy it isn't a continual login system where you are reset if you miss a day like other games have done in the past. DE is gracious enough to give us those rewards. I think of it more like a thank you for my continued support of their service. Its a reward not an entitlement, they do not even have to give us these special items. They appreciate, us the comminuity, enough to say thank you in theses items.

Another Focus related post

The community has been extremely vocal about the requirements of having to grind non-fun methods in order to max out Focus gain to the daily cap.

My question is what percentage of the player base actually hits the daily cap and what is the average daily focus gain.

I'm going to assume that it is fairly low overall, if so should the gain from playing normal "fun" Warframe give most players a healthy daily Focus amount and not base it around what a few hardcore farmers can manage.

1. Will you be reducing the grind requirements of focus?

2. Will you be fixing the fact that a small percent of PC users have not been able to login since the initial PoE update?

3. Do you plan to work on a way to prevent players in bounty matchmaking from mooching off others by going off to mine while the squad does all the work for the entirety of the bounty?

4. Are you going to fix the constant server and login issues that occur after hotfixes?

5. Why Does Nakak display so many Grineer masks but almost NEVER sells them?

6. Are going to fix the invisible Teralysk glitch soon?

7. Will you add waypoints for eidolon loot similar to ayatan stars?

8. A vast number of the community hates that non cosmetic items are locked behind login rewards. Those who are behind will never catch up and 700+ days seems excessive.

Great celebration a 100 devstream - cool . However the console players would like to join to other warframe pc players and play on beautiful Edoilon !  Thank you [DE] Team for hard work on Plans of Edoilon console update but we would like to know WHEN a specially if November is beginning ?  Furthermore first part of Plains of Edoilon update is stopped from couple days and we know all teams working hard to give us the best result but we cant wait without any real date , November is so long 30 days ! ?? Please give a console players any date , any hope when ???  Thanks  

So, kudos on making it as long as you have.  The initial releases of Warframe were...let's call it rough.  There's been a lot of content added, and the game is objectively better than when it launched.  

I have several comments and questions, which I think are relevant.

1) Can we reduce some of the grind, and assume transparency?  I ask because I've gotten 3 Scimitar Avionics, but can't seem to find Kavat genetic code.  If not for the wiki I'd suggest that DE is fabricating truths about this being free to play, and hiding it behind pay walls.  As it stands now, it's still painful to have a less than 1 in 100 chance of getting something that takes 10-15 minutes.  10*200 = 2000, 2000/60 = 33.333, 4 hours per day puts us at 8 days of grinding one mission type to get a single item.  

2) Can we get some coherence?  This is broadly worded, but the frustration is that the game has little direction.  I experienced it back in the Archwing days, and even now that feature is less than impressive.  You introduced new features, that largely seem bolted together.  You introduced research items which require an insane amount of materials, and tell us that the grind is being looked at.  If DE was a single person I would think them mentally unsound, but the truth is a chorus of disparate voices make it impossible to understand a single message.

3) Can you figure out the login rewards system, and make it less grindy?  I took nearly two years off from the game because it frustrated the heck out of me to grind one mission, then another, then another, without ever being rewarded.  The new login rewards seem to be the same, where great items are hidden behind a huge wall.  While I understand wanting to reward players, you're practices are predicated on techniques employed by drug pushers.  That sweet reward only comes along every so often, but you still need to keep coming back for trash (5,000 credits is literally a 7 minute mission not a reward).  Perhaps offering aesthetic rewards to allow bragging rights would be a more...reasonable way to proceed.

4) Can we get some better AI?  I've been killed a lot by enemies who overwhelm me not by intelligence, but by level capping and spawning alerted behind doors.  There's nothing like jamming through a mission, and being capped two rooms from extraction because a bombard and nullifier spawned between a door and the exit.  

5) Can we get some way to replay the story missions?  I understand that you're hiding the blue prints for some frames behind them, to make people buy slots.  It's not an honest tactic, but it is understandable.  If your business model was more predatory I'd be angry, but it seems fair.  I'd still like another crack at some missions just for fun.  As it stands, the unique enemies are impossible to farm for scans, and you've gotten to the point where it's annoying to say the least.  

Hopefully in another 2-3 years this game gets an actual release.  It's moved along well, but still more beta than I'd like to admit.  You're immensely lucky the community has supported you, and the community is lucky that you've kept business practices reasonable and enthusiasm for your project high.

A (many) number of Devstreams ago, you had a segment of upcoming projects. Two of which, were the redesigning of locked/unlocked doors and a colorblind mode.

I wish to know, if DE is still going through with these and if we'll see it happen in the new year.

I was born red-green colorblind, and became legally blind after a car accident. Certain grineer tilesets are a nightmare for me, and I'm not looking forward to unlocking the Kuva Fortress. :clem:

Thank you for your time, and your consideration.

Day 1 from devstream 99 hoping for Eqinox new alt helmet,tell me what happen to that!

Umbra News? Show us some Umbra excalibur gameplay!

Archived