Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #100!

[DE]Rebecca

Why are credits completely removed from the Cetus economy? This seemingly poor colony living off the tenno's supply of fish, doesn't want the universal currency? Instead they want platinum and rep. Platinum I can understand from DE's perspective. However rep makes no sense in Cetus.

The people of Cetus are "wary to outsiders" so we gain rep from doing odd jobs. But it costs rep to buy from the people...why? Why do I lose reputation with them by openly trading with the people? In syndicates it's seems right because we're basically trading in favours, you do the work and they'll make a specialty item. Cetus however is a market, they make these things for a living. So why are the people living off reputation and why can't I trade resources with these people?

*Explaining it away in the 1000-year glass fish would do. Though even the fish mention a trade in credits for a cache of rubedo.

• Will we eventually be able to launch titan extractors to Cetus? Between all the farming it would be nice automation of resources.
  • Any chance for seasonal or weather changes in the long run? Rain, storms, snow, changing foliage?
  • All the pinky-finger work in poe is reminiscent of the old copter days. Could archwing launchers be made permanent to relieve some of this?
  • Solo extraction has been made possible for the plains. Can the same be done for survival missions?
  • The rep for intact cores is abysmal and if you're solo you have no chance of gaining rep decently for the Quills. Can either the drop rate or rep gained be increased? Hypothetical question: What kind of cores would we get from the sentients on Luna if they dropped cores?

Could we possibly see more customization options for our Operators, especially around hair? I'm not asking for like insane, anime-like hair, but like any hair that isn't edgy like the ones we already have? There were so many shown in a previous Devstream, but a lot of them never came to the game. 

Questions:

1) Any chance that we could see some ground-based vehicle added to Plains of Eidolon?

2) Any chance for more advanced patrol paths for enemies, and could we see Dargyn patrols skimming the ground like in the Tennocon demo?

3) Any plans on adding more mission types to the Incursions, such as Hijack?

4) Any plans on adding more wildlife to the Plains, such as Kubrows and Kavats? Right now, there is barely any wildlife at all in the Plains

5) Any plans on eventually having civilian Ostrons moving around the Plains during daytime, hunting and fishing? I know right now the lore doesn't support it, but the Plains feel empty and dead because there is hardly any presence of life there. They're more like the Wilderness of Eidolon. More NPCs (Grineer, Ostrons, and wildlife) would make this open world/landscape/zone more immersive.

6) In general, what plans do you have to make Plains of Eidolon appealing in a gaming environment where we have games like Ghost Recon Wildlands, Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Assassin's Creed Origins, and Anthem, all open world games that have come out or will be coming out within the next year? For the open world fans in Warframe's community, what plans do you have to keep these players playing Warframe over those other open world games? Are there any such plans? Because right now, when I want my open world fix, I look at Plains of Eidolon and I look at AC Origins and Wildlands and I know I can get a richer experience there than in PoE, because there's so much more to do and so much more to interact with and so many tools to use.

So is there any plan to engage the player like myself, who finds the PoE experience to be quite limiting? Any additionally-planned content for PoE that might make the experience deeper, more alive, more active, or more immersive? Any more tools/options to use in the environment (like more vehicles, more NPCs, more missions, etc)? Or should I temper my expectations?

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

DNKbYw4U8AALkQ8.jpg:large

Join us this Friday, November 3rd for our 100th Devstream!

Who:  Rebecca and the Devstream crew, even MORE Devs and community folk including Tactical Potato and community guests!  

What:  This is a 2-hour special! We’ll be taking 2 hours to go through some of the more embarrassing moments that predate Devstreams, looking at stats, and going over how we plan to expand on the Plains of Eidolon! Come hear news of our Console Plains of Eidolon release plans as well!  

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away many, many prizes to celebrate this huge milestone!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this November 3rd at 2 p.m ET!  

1-are larger fish meant to be harder to catch, cause they feel like they have smaller hit boxes. 

2-fishes can swim through solid land. Plz fix. 

3-us the largest fish size 40kg and nothing over? 

4-if you're ever going to make an eris infested landscape, can you please make it terrifying and scaring and base it off the upside down from stranger things? Dark, foggy, lots of horrifying ambiance and terrifying creatures lurking about

7 hours ago, Archwizard said:

Since the last time you mentioned addressing “mandatory” mods like Serration and multishot, you’ve added Primed Point Blank, Primed Pressure Point and Riven mods to the game, which simply contribute to the issue. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods?

Yeah, they already stated this in a devstream. They're not removing or changing any of the current mods. If anything, they're adding way more variety. I think they just haven't gotten to primaries and secondaries yet cause melee and warframes feel very interchangeable especially with the new set mods and riven mods 

7 hours ago, Server said:

Login rewards are rough, if not punishing for new players. Is there a chance to make it easier for players to reach those items without having to play for more than two years? 

No. Please, STOP ASKING THIS. 

They're not changing, they reward players who have logged in for a long time. There's no catchup, speed up or skipping for anyone 

1. When will we get UI navigation that is optimized for gaming pads? (maybe even make it a toggle for those who prefer the current setup)

2. A while ago, you talked about the possibility of rebuilding relays that had been destroyed in past events.  Is this still going to happen?

3. When will the "nemesis" system be deployed?

4. A while ago, you talked about the possibility of tenno docking ships and exploring each others orbiters, among other new mechanics.  Is this still in the pipeline?

5. Are we able to have a timer that can be viewed both in the orbiter and in the plains that tells us how much time we have left for the day/night cycle?

Occasionally while sneaking around a tile you come across two or three unalerted enemies that are very close together. Probably whispering oaths against the queen about a lack of food, or complaining about another late paycheque from dear Neffy. At this point performing a stealth kill will unavoidably alert the others standing next to the one you stealth kill.

Would it be possible to have the ability to stealth kill more than one enemy at once? Possibly crack their heads together, or use each hand to stab them in the neck simultaneously, or maybe jump into the air, stab two, and head kick a third. It would look pretty cool seeing a space ninja do a fancy finish like that.

Plains Of Eidolon

• During last years tennocon we were shown concepts for what was meant to be procedurally generated sentient arm canons for our frames, what happened to that idea? Are they still coming or an option? Were they replaced by amps on our operators?
  • It's also been implied we are meant to have more Eidolons available on the plains than we currently do, what kind of other Eidolons are we to expect on the plains? Will they have differing fighting styles/mechanics, and to what level of variance? Could we perhaps see some concepts for other Eidolon types in the near future? The current Teralyst we have is just a stunning piece of work and I would love any more info that could be had on future variants. 
  • How is the development of a weather system for POE coming along? It was one of the first things I wondered if we would get when the plains was revealed, and I'm still eager to see how it will work out in practice. Also what kind of weather effects are you hoping to offer us? I know there was mention of thunder storms, but are there any other weather types that might worms its way in? 
  • What happened to the built up Ghouls that everyone expected to make an appearance on the plains? Were they decided unfit for the plains? Or were they just not complete enough for the launch? Will they be added later? Maybe as a means of spicing up the night time, besides the Teralyst night time in the plains at the moment doesn't feel all that dangerous/threatening.
  • Are there plans for any other dynamic events on the plains beyond just the standard randomized incursions? 

Modular System

• At the moment to make full use of any item from the modular system implemented in POE (amps and zaws) you have to max out the item twice, is there a reason for this? Initially I thought it was going to be tied to your ability to mix match weapon parts, and the first 30 ranks was to allow you to experiment with numerous combinations until you found the perfect fit, then you would lock those choices and thus start the re-leveling process, but that is clearly not how it is so I'm having trouble seeing the reason for this extra step. 

Cetus Vendors / NPCS

• It's notable that while cetus has quite the number of npc vendors, a few of them have rotating item pools that consists of nearly the exact same items every rotation, are there plans to expand said npcs wares in the future?
  • In the earliest version of POE we saw corpus merchants within the confines of cetus arguing over some surely money based nonsense, and in the current version of cetus  we even have a corpus ship sitting in the docks, but as you explore cetus itself you cannot find a single corpus soul to be found? What happened to these dudes? Are they in danger? Should we be working to save them? Are the cetus denizens not as pristine as they appear? How much does the average corpus captive pay for a successful rescue?

Warframes

• We have to talk about Umbra, it has been over 45 devstreams, and several major updates, since you all confirmed plans to bring this guy to our version. Now not to sound eager to move onto the next thing (i'm still disgustingly in-love with the plains) but how much longer is this wait going to be? Daddy needs his scarf prime Excal Umbra and the wait is suffocating. Also will Umbra perhaps be related to POE? Perhaps the Unum tower? Or am I slipping into spoiler territory?
  • Is it possible for us to get a toggle for unique idle animations on frames? Like say with Harrow noble animation, we can keep the arms clasped behind back stance, but turn off the pulling an invisible mace out of the air and swinging it about thing? Sometimes it's cool, sometimes it could do without.  

Clans

•  Still loving every minute of POE and my new change of pace from a galactic space warrior to a fish trader, but the question still needs asking, what are the plans for the Kingpin system? Clans have needed shaking up for a while, and this system was the perfect opportunity for it, last we heard you had an operating version before it was put on hold for POE, how much longer do you plan for it to stay there? Will it be left until next year for completion? Or can clans expect an extra surprise before the year is up? 

Companions

• I believe in tennocon of 2016 you guys mentioned the possibility for a robotic companion that wasn't a sentinel to come to us in the future, something like a moa (or if you truly loved us, a zanuka) , what happened to that? 
  • More recently you mentioned potential for an actual bird companion, how is that going? 
  • Also how are discussions for vacuum going this time around? And how many more can we expect before Univac finally arrives and I can whip out my Kavats and Kurbrows without feeling like I'm being penalized. 

Weapons

• At the very end of last year we were shown a tenno shotgun that got much of the community knotted up with excitement, eleven months later we have seen no progress on it. What's going on there? Likewise for the tenno fan. 

(take your pick~)

Happy 20th attempt at getting this question answered, either through me or someone else asking! Let's see if I can go all the way to 100 attempts!

Can we buff continuous triggers? (Lasers like flux rifle/ignis/spectra etc) They're the weakest weapon type by mechanics alone and really need to see some rework.

For example, to deal 2 status effects in 1 second you need 200% status because it comes in status per second. Multishot only provides a straight multiplier and does not generate a second number, so no indirect status/critical chance increases like other weapons. 

Please consider reworking continuous triggers!

7 hours ago, lightdragon64 said:

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Steve

This questions pertains to the braton and lato vandal

You keep saying that you are bringing them back and that's fine with me, but what i want to know is what about those who already have them?

Unlike previous vandal/wraith weapons these were given out for closed beta and open beta weekend. Are you at least going to give skins to the people who already own them? It only seems fair considering the amazing eternals beta players got alpha testing skins (even if the project is being put on hold).

Please at least let us know something. It dosen't seem fair to give these away without at least considering those who actually have them and like to use them for the sake of showing off how long they have played the game (and how much they love it).

I feel like a legendary core should be enough, even more exclusive skins for a minority of people? no thanks 
But that's only my opinion

Archived