The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Operation" tag is misleading

Voltage

With Plague Star arriving, I was skeptical about how this event seemed to be structured, but I had the optimism that this event might bring some new content. So far, looking past the bugs which should be fixed eventually, I find myself mindlessly doing the same missions with the same order for a minuscule amount of reputation. It is excruciatingly painful to continue this "Operation" past the first 2 bounties . It gets old really fast.

The reason I feel this "Operation" tag is mis-leading is due to how 1) There are no leaderboards, 2) There is no score on your profile, and 3) There is no endurance mode.

This update is making me more bored in 10 minutes than The Pacifism Defect did in 6 hours. I want people to share their opinions. It is just extremely tiresome on this "Operation" and I feel that if we got the Halloween Tactical Alert that we usually get, it would be worth more than this entire "Operation". I also believe that this update should be called "Update 22.3.0: Infested Ostron Syndicate".

I would like to know what other players have experienced so far with this update. I am very concerned on the health of this game with this is the new definition of "Operation".

EDIT: This is the part that gets me every time...

unknown.png

Edited by --Q--Voltage

tried it a few times, got the end mission bug, thought to myself "why am i even bothering, this is boring anyways", went back to forma'ing weapons and grinding xp in akkad in a part of the real game.

It makes me sad that i actually preferred the huge grind in the gradivus event than trying to play anything in poe, at least it was some proper run and gun.

Edited by Methanoid

Seems pretty okay, there's lots to be gained from the event standing. Ether daggers, Snipetron, the two eidolon gems, infested Zaw parts and the new Exodias seem pretty interesting. 

I'm pretty okay with it, though that end mission bug has cost me a fair amount of phylaxis and i'm rather upset.

I'll probably buy the badge and that's it.

No Stratos emblems. Nothing to my knowledge like that.

Incredibly Dissapointing (and potentially lazy? It's just glorified bounties, sure bounty rewards got changed and you get a part after each, but the resources etc were drastically lowered to the point where it's not WORTH doing them again, I was thinking, "hang on, a way to potentially get 1000 Kuva without siphons at every part? Maybe the bounties are finally decent", but nope.)

Edited by Latiac

I like the token system for it, I enjoy the fact that the Bounty is multi-stage, although that gets repetitive (but hey, it's not like an Operation has ever, ever, ever involved repetitive missions before), and I'm looking forward to combining the Eidolon Phylaxis with the Infested Catalyst and going in to fight the Big Stompy Boi with my clan. The new Operation Emblem is gorgeous. I truly do not give not even the slightest fraction of a toss about the lack of a leaderboard, at least not for myself. I guess if you guys miss it that bad, then DE should probably implement one just so competitive clans can be happy?

When I read about this event, my immediate thought was..hmm tac alert with a clan trophy.... weird.... but why call it an operation?  Because it's not an operation...

Anyway IMO even the rewards are sub par, considering a few of those should have never been removed from the market to begin with. There are probably more than 200+ weapons they could have given the Wraith, Vandal, Mutalist, Dragon, Mara treatment but nah. Oh well.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

they do the same error they make with the zaw at the start, they have this dumb idea of only super veteran who play 10 hours a day play the game, they ignore all the other player and don't understand the meaning of reward, for such a boring, ripetitive and slow tipe of mission you need to give me a lot of endo or good stuff, something we don't have.

for buy some stick (4 in total) for create a little bit different looking zaw, we suppose to play that crappy and buggy crap for at least 40 time... and the blueprint and not even reusable.

is just dissapointing and start to make the game way to buggy for not talk of how bad the expirience is... be treated like a test subject pleb for see how much money they can spill out the pocket of the console player... and if this is not whgat happen... well crap is time to change to other game because DE just lost any direction and start to put stuff random

14 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

With Plague Star arriving, I was skeptical about how this event seemed to be structured, but I had the optimism that this event might bring some new content. So far, looking past the bugs which should be fixed eventually, I find myself mindlessly doing the same missions with the same order for a minuscule amount of reputation. It is excruciatingly painful to continue this "Operation" past the first 2 bounties . It gets old really fast.

The reason I feel this "Operation" tag is mis-leading is due to how 1) There are no leaderboards, 2) There is no score on your profile, and 3) There is no endurance mode.

This update is making me more bored in 10 minutes than The Pacifism Defect did in 6 hours. I want people to share their opinions. It is just extremely tiresome on this "Operation" and I feel that if we got the Halloween Tactical Alert that we usually get, it would be worth more than this entire "Operation". I also believe that this update should be called "Update 22.3.0: Infested Ostron Syndicate".

I would like to know what other players have experienced so far with this update. I am very concerned on the health of this game when this is the new definition of "Operation".

Eh, Leaderboards are a 'new' thing for Operations anyway -not exactly something I'd rate as important. Or the profile info. I would like an endurance mode though, just to test myself and my clan-mates.

The Operation is a bit boring, true. I was hoping it would have some modular parts to it at least (one would have you go to a vault for the toxin, the other would have you beat it out of someone etc etc). I'm also very curious as to; will these rewards remain in-game? Seems a shame to provide 2 old weapons and 2 new Zaw strikes... but take them out afterwards.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

When I read about this event, my immediate thought was..hmm tac alert with a clan trophy.... weird.... but why call it an operation?  Because it's not an operation...

Anyway IMO even the rewards are sub par, considering a few of those should have never been removed from the market to begin with. There are over 200+ weapons they could have given the Wraith, Vandal, Mutalist treatment but nah. Oh well.

A new Mutalist weapon would make sense with this event, it really would.

3 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

2) There is no score on your profile

This is honestly my biggest gripe. Event exclusive stuff like cosmetics (emblems mainly, given they're the most recurring reward in every event in game for several years now) are of little importance to me. What I find value most is the score on my profile for any events I participated in, not for bragging rights, but just personal accomplishment and keeping another memory. The fact there's no profile score basically means that after the event, there is literally no trace left of it aside cosmetics I'll never wear. With this being the case, new players will never be made aware of this event even existing during Warframe's lifespan when viewing either their own or someone else's profile, as if it never even happened.

Plague Star introduces little meaningful new content, no scoring, not even any significant lore, and overall feels bleak and pointless. If this was promoted as a tactical alert, at least then I would be able to see the Stratos number on my profile increase. As of right now, the only thing Plague Star has going for it is the fact it's currently live.

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

As far as I can tell, this is just the Infested version of the Fomorian and Razorback 'events'. In fact, this will likely be used on other landscapes, and will (eventually) be triggered by Infested Invasions.

This is definitely the best description of it I've seen.

Edited by LazerSkink

Not gonna lie, it's boring and tedious. I'm lacking information though, but seeing it for now, doesn't look good. At first, I thought doing the 1k standing bounty would unlock new ones with better rewards/standing, but nope. Gotta do the same 1k bounty which is kinda boring itself, just moving around plains too much. First rank up is reasonable, 5k standing, but I don't know yet how much we'll need for 2nd and last rank, if someone has done it and could tell how much we need, that'd be very much appreciated. Or if someone knows how much does the Phylaxis increase the reward, since the dojo lab infested thing is still on research until tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, The_Mustachio said:

-snip-

If you have something to add to the discussion about this Operation, please do so. If you want to make jokes for rep, go to patch notes or somewhere else. Your comment contributes nothing to this topic.

1 minute ago, Kiwinille said:

Not gonna lie, it's boring and tedious. I'm lacking information though, but seeing it for now, doesn't look good. At first, I thought doing the 1k standing bounty would unlock new ones with better rewards/standing, but nope. Gotta do the same 1k bounty which is kinda boring itself, just moving around plains too much. First rank up is reasonable, 5k standing, but I don't know yet how much we'll need for 2nd and last rank, if someone has done it and could tell how much we need, that'd be very much appreciated. Or if someone knows how much does the Phylaxis increase the reward, since the dojo lab infested thing is still on research until tomorrow.

Second rank is 22k, using Phylaxis increases total standing gain to 2k. Hopefully the catalyst increases it more considering there's a boss fight attached to it.

1 minute ago, LameLaYou said:

Second rank is 22k, using Phylaxis increases total standing gain to 2k. Hopefully the catalyst increases it more considering there's a boss fight attached to it.

Says on the link in the patch notes. 4 phylaxis is up to 2k, same for 4 catalyst, 4 of both gives you 3k.

Leaderboards encouraged way too much bad behaviors and exploit hunting for people in the past, and always will.

EVERY operation has been nothing more than a glorified tactical alert with a weapon and a cosmetic.

EVERY operation has been tedious repetitive missions, that comment is basically saying you hate ice cream because it's too cold.

If this event bothers you that much, quit the game, you won't be missed.

Having just finished grinding out the extremely unrewarding and repetitive bounties for Cetus Standing....they introduce an event that has very poor rewards, and requires more heavy grinding of tedious....BOUNTIES (with the added salt of  kicking people when their down...here's an whole 100 Kuva!!!)