Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An open letter to void-fissure excavation players

Vespilan

Spoiler

Please listen to this while reading this letter.

Dear void-fissure excavation player,

it's me. Your fellow teammate. I'm the guy who chose to play Frost in order to protect the excavators. Yeah, thats me. You see, there is a problem with your playstyle. And while rapidly swirling down the deep sink of inefficient void-fissure farming, you're draggin the entire team with you. This needs to stop. We need to talk.

You see; once you have collected ten reactant, your relic is cracked open. And you need 200 Kryotik (two excavators, if you're doing it right) to get your reward from your freshly cracked relic. Lovely feeling, isn't it? But hey, what are you doing? Why are you powering another third excavator when every one of us already has their ten reactant and the second one just started too? Don't you know, that enemies only spawn when there are excavators they can attack, but they don't drop any more reactant after every one of us has achieved the sufficient number? 

So now we only opened one relic, 300 Kryotik but 0 reactant. You and me both, huh? We're in the same boat. We only have one excavator to get our full ten reactant. We should operate carefully and-
Whats this? You already filled the next excavator to the brim with power cells you found lying around? Why would you do that anyways, an excavator only consumes one energy per second! It is really not necessary to let an excavator, that only needs another 20s have 80% energy! It's almost done digging and none of us has got their relic opened yet! Aaaand it's finished. Not a single relic opened. 

Dear void-fissure excavation player, why do we have to go through this? Most of the things I just told you you could've known if you had carefully observed the game for more than two seconds.
Please just take note of that and improve your behavior in the future.

Sincerely,
Your teammate.

you get more points for feeding battery after battery! or something

I think the problem is that the game never truly explains how energy correlates to remaning duration and Lotus is like "keep it fed, lol" so most people not really paying attention just ruin the game for those who try to get S#&$ done. I can't blame them for it. when the game can be build in a way that the team can't be #*($%%@ over by one person doing it wrong, but isn't, I blame the devs. and excavation is basically the #*($%%@ up cousin of survival, which at least isn't on a #*($%%@ up counter

The only real reason to feed it energy after its got enough is if its taking damage as a power cell gives it insta shields or health or both i forget back

i think one of the issues is more fissure excavation is poorly designed or atleast poorly explained as regular excavation especially with defensive characters is keep as many extractors as possible usually being 2-3 at full power (well full power being power = time left) as fast as possible so they all pop at once and everyone moves at once with most cryotic available to get

Where as fissure excavation is get 2-3 hundred cryotic 2-3 extractors, then wait for the selections screen, then go for 2-3 hundred more but nowhere is any mention of the change, if its your first run youll literally have zero clue, im actually not a new player but a returning one and it took me half of the first fissure excavation i did to realize it

Edited by Tokens210

No matter the mission type there have always been players like this. It's the same people who run around defense maps (especially the huge corpus one) and spread the loot everywhere. They run off by themselves during survival because 'I am so great, I can kill everything' and affinity sharing doesn't exist. They camp the center of interception maps with Banshee, planting their hands on the ground so they can kill all enemies before they get corrupted. All the while everyone else place their hands on their respective foreheads. 

The legendary Hall-way heroes have evolved with the game. They've always been here and (sadly) always will be. I hope OPs post convinces some of them to change their ways, even if only one. I guess you get used to them after a while, but that doesn't mean they don't frustrate me. The question is if DE can even change the endless gamemodes without the 4-man cell experience (one of the best parts of the game) deteriorating.     

What should happen is the reactants should go the way of the Dodo bird along with  that other Dodo idea the Convergence Orb.

Get 2 excavators to 100%=200 cryotic=1 relic cracked.  Get 5 minute  survival=relic cracked. Kill enemies on exterm=relic cracked. Successfully defend 5 waves=relic cracked. Intercept 100%=relic cracked. Get affinity doing mission = Focus points earned.

But DE is too stubborn - "We came up with this new mechanic everyone hates but hey we know best"

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

3 hours ago, aavvdkdk said:

No matter the mission type there have always been players like this. It's the same people who run around defense maps (especially the huge corpus one) and spread the loot everywhere. They run off by themselves during survival because 'I am so great, I can kill everything' and affinity sharing doesn't exist. They camp the center of interception maps with Banshee, planting their hands on the ground so they can kill all enemies before they get corrupted. All the while everyone else place their hands on their respective foreheads. 

The legendary Hall-way heroes have evolved with the game. They've always been here and (sadly) always will be. I hope OPs post convinces some of them to change their ways, even if only one. I guess you get used to them after a while, but that doesn't mean they don't frustrate me. The question is if DE can even change the endless gamemodes without the 4-man cell experience (one of the best parts of the game) deteriorating.     

Not in disagreeance with anything but with survival missions in particular ive noticed people run around cause on survival enemy spawn points arent tied to players location like they are or seem to be in some missions nor are they tied to the life support locatons like they seem to be with excavators nor do the levels have a guiding flow like go this way type feel, its one of the larger map missions usually and enemies can spawn all over it, alot of times in which they wont do anything but patrol small areas till someone comes and aggros them, which is usually why if soloing a survival youll eventually notice after a certain amount of time the area youve been killing in (if not switching areas that is) becomes dead cause all the enemies that have now spawned are way to far to know where you are, and as such just go back into non aggro patrol modes

Edited by Tokens210

6 hours ago, Vespilan said:
  Hide contents

Why would you do that anyways, an excavator only consumes one energy per second! It is really not necessary to let an excavator, that only needs another 20s have 80% energy! 

Perhaps they wanted to refill its shields so it wouldn't die? That's why I do it. 

Ps. I didn't want to include the song in the quote, it just won't let me delete it. 

Me in any Excavation:

“Hey dude! The digger is charged, it doesn’t need more batteries now. Good job.”

“No, dude, the digger is fully charged already. You’re just wasting batteries.”

“Please stop overcharging the digger. The Lotus dialogue is straight up lying to you. It only needs 100 charge total.”

“I am literally just trying to tell you how this mission works.”

I am the cancer that is killing Warframe, apparently.

another one would be... over-powering excavator

since excavator power 1% is about 1 second

you see 35% power and timer at 20 = no need for another cell

if you carried the cell and want to go defend excavator but cant shoot it (block by snow globe, cata)... simply press F to switch weapon which will automatically drop the cell on the floor

this's not a big deal... but sometime it really hard to find a cell-carry enemies so save it for later :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

The problem is with the Excavation mission, not the players.

I would say the problem is with the players when you repeatedly tell them to not power an excavator and hit the 200 cryotic mark before we have the reactant, procceed  by being ignored anyway.

1 hour ago, Kiwinille said:

I would say the problem is with the players when you repeatedly tell them to not power an excavator and hit the 200 cryotic mark before we have the reactant, procceed  by being ignored anyway.

The over-arching problem is with the mission.

That is something that can reasonably be changed.

You shouldn't complain about the players, especially pugs; you can't "fix" people.

16 hours ago, Vespilan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dear void-fissure excavation player,

Sincerely,
Your teammate.

Dearest Vespilan,

I fear that typically, the 'teammates' you so eloquently reference, show a level of fissure ineptitude which belies their similar inadequacy in efforts to rectify such ghastly misunderstandings to which you have portrayed, subsequently your innocuous yet bellicose letter is unlikely to ever fall within the hypothetical intersecting Venn segment of both forum and 'teammate' populations.

My condolences to any expectations that may have persisted beyond your original asseveration.

Sincerely,
His Majesty, Edgelord and eater of faces,
Carnage.

Edited by Carnage2K4