Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara did the community force a Nerf

(XBOX)TheRatchetSquad

The devs claim the community was part of it, yes. Don't know if this forum specifically or Reddit or even both. But they also only change things in the game if they agree with the feedback posted. For example, lots of people have asked for them to remove or drastically change Nullifiers but that has never happened.

Why do you ask?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No.

Just now, NightBlitz said:

not likely, the ones that actually can make that decision dont seem to pay any attention to the official forums, prefering to read through the reddit and twitter posts instead.. atleast thats what they've implied

Please point to some place that they have said or implied this, like even a hint. Twitter, sure, that's plausible, but reddit is just as, if not more, chaotic than the forums. The forums are hosted by the company themselves.

Just now, peterc3 said:

Please point to some place that they have said or implied this, like even a hint. Twitter, sure, that's plausible, but reddit is just as, if not more, chaotic than the forums. The forums are hosted by the company themselves.

watch any number of devstreams, its fairly well know that Steve hasnt mentioned the forums once in a long time, at least as far as feedback goes. he only mentions reddit and twitter. therefore its implied that he, at the very least doesnt look at the forums much, if at all/.

There is no clear answer to your question. Even if the forums have a full or partial influence to Gara's nerf, it is not clear if they, the people who work inside DE, would fully use player concerns as a basis in redesigning a frames ability.

"One must not use theories to steer the acquisition of facts but gain facts to create theories" - S. Holmes

Just now, Amazerath said:

For example, lots of people have asked for them to remove or drastically change Nullifiers but that has never happened.

Hello? The drone thingie, which you can destroy and disable the nullibuble permanently, and which affects the size of the bubble in tight spaces. Ever heard of those? 

Because a shield with super covenient size control, invulnerability, invulnerability casting animation, blocks mobs, freezes and lowers their armor, can be cast on air, deal massive damage if shattered with an exalted 1st ability cast, etc... etc... is totally balanced and ok.

No, really, I've moved away from Warframe for the past few weeks thanks to black friday. I come back and look at the big picture... People within this game, right know, have no sense of balance. NONE. AT ALL. ALL of you. I was already against the cluster of cheese this game was drowning in before... and now, I realise it's so much worse than the impression I already had. And people still come to the forums to complain that they can't be freaking invulnerable all the time.

Just now, WindigoTP said:

Hello? The drone thingie, which you can destroy and disable the nullibuble permanently, and which affects the size of the bubble in tight spaces. Ever heard of those? 

Do you really need that hostility to try to make a point?

Anyway, the drones you mentioned were added specifically to give sniper rifles a chance against nullifiers. That's the only reason why they were added. So I don't consider that to be a "drastic change". Drastic would be something that changes the enemy in a fundamental way and that is something they have never done.

1 hour ago, Archforge said:

There is no clear answer to your question. Even if the forums have a full or partial influence to Gara's nerf, it is not clear if they, the people who work inside DE, would fully use player concerns as a basis in redesigning a frames ability.

"One must not use theories to steer the acquisition of facts but gain facts to create theories" - S. Holmes

I never did like S.Holmes I found him to an oxymoron more then the realist he betrayed...so no "this is no stupid questions in life"  Confucius. 

A role? Yes, almost certainly. A major role? Eh...maybe.

Either way, accusing DE of making changes (be they buffs, nerfs, or otherwise) based on player feedback is like accusing water of being wet. Which is to say, they've always done that, will almost certainly continue to do that, and can typically be found doing that via cursory observation or interaction.

Hardly anyone plays warframe for a perfect balanced experience. To be frank all i need is a balance that's enough to keep the game fun as a hoard game (balance as in no oneshots and that sort of stuff).

wf have many balancing issue as a whole, but to call out everybody as having no sense of balance? Nah.

41 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

Anyway, the drones you mentioned were added specifically to give sniper rifles a chance against nullifiers. That's the only reason why they were added. 

And that was pretty much the main complain people had. Low rof, high damage-per-shot weapon were ineffective to the point of being completely useless. Now this problem is dealt with.

Second major complaint was about nullibubble getting throug walls/ceiling/floor, affecting players while they couldn't see/know about/deal with nullifier. Now, with scaling bubble this problem is also addressed, albeit a little less effectively then the first one.

And I don't recall seeing any complaints since, which means DE responded adequately enough and people are quite happy with how things are now.

So what drastical changes are needed, again?

Just now, PhotriusPyrelus said:

The drone thingy that has as much HP as the shield and is harder to hit?  That drone thingy?

Implying shield has many HP anyway. Doesn't matter how much HP it has. Unlike the shield it doesn't have a cap for damage that it can take per shot, which means it can be one-shotted, taking the shield with it. Permanently. In one shot.

I can agree that they should just streight up remove the damage cap from the shield itself, but by the end of day, the problem is addressed, and people are generally satisfied.

Honestly I don't think it's a Nerf. I don't think Gara was made as a primary defense frame. I think she was intended to be a cc/dmg frame that is tanky. Maintaining her stacks actually involves moving around A LOT and shattering lash can do some good dmg as well and provides cc with blast. I think mass vitrify was made as a brief breather type of ability for glassing enemies, refreshing splinter storm, and building stacks. She is actually a very active frame and I have been playing her as such since she came out. 

***Build I posted awhile back, if interested.

***https://forums.warframe.com/topic/883506-gara-build/

Well, yes but definitely not pivotal. I do think DE has learnt that the forums isn't exactly the best place to heavily base changes on over the years.

In the early days, it would have been a big yes but these days, I don't think they take the forums as seriously as in the past.

That said, it's really difficult to say you can't see this coming. Apart from the typical trend of nerfing newly released frames a few months after, this nerf is not unlike what was done to Rhino's Iron Skin and Frost's Snow Globe in the past and those 2 were in the exact same situation. The only outlier is Valkyr but even she was tweaked slightly.

So, Gara's Mass Vitrify being nerfed is not a surprise.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

@WindigoTP

First of all, you are making several assumptions and treating them as if they were facts. So I see no reason to address any of that.

Second, if you're truly interested in my opinion about Nullifiers I wouldn't mind sharing it. But this thread is about a different topic and I don't like to derail other people's threads. So if you want to ask me something about Nullifiers you can do so by sending me a message.

3 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Even if the community did,  "invincible, impenetrable bunker you can fire out of" was pretty blatantly over the top even by Warframe standards.

She was effectively a superior Limbo sans invul shenanigans but that 95% dr to hp and shields is just about as good while also being a death blender.

Her 4 was completely nuts, shut down all opposition, could be shot out of so no one was ever in danger, anything caught in took bonus damage from everyone, reset every ones 95% DR blender shields, invul on cast, utterly gigantic.

Like...what? Where's the trade off and balance? This fix was needed but it needs a bit of tweaks or allow her 3 to restore sections.