Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro World Cup?

legendofcats

So we all know Lunaro is dead, and could use some new maps and mods, but just think about it, a Lunaro world cup... 

Now instead of nation which would be crazy it should just be clanVclan now since there different tiers of clans they divide into different cups...

Now some clans have loads of players so maybe if DE made a bigger map that can fit more players (we would let the clan chose the players) now just like the world cup there would be qualifiers via points and the finals will play each other.

Now the important games should be on twitch and im sure DE can find the way to record the other game's scores.

Now the rewards shouldn't just be plat it should be something big like the trailer contest (which was 10k USD) also of course a trophy for the clan and maybe small ones for the clan members that they can put on there orbitor.

Now I have to say this idea is insane, but would be really cool and if they do think about it, it would still probably take 2 or even more years, but I still wanted to put my idea out there and hope to get replies even if there negative. 

The idea is nice and they need to do the following.

- Making new maps and stadiums and let peoples to go and spectate the match to simulate the crowd.

- They need to boost up the number of players up to 10 each team with the option to 3v3-5v5 or 10v10 depending on the match type.

- They need to add servers to handle this game mode.

- They need to add rewards which could motivate players to go there but not locking great rewards there just for the sake. Credits and materials and honor points could be there as reward. The honor points could work just like the standing and you can buy cosmetics with it.

- They need fix some moves and add more objectives to this mode.

- They should also implement it into the dojos too as a practice ground same with the conclave can have a parkour like room which could be created by players like how they will do the obstacle room. This could be a good addition to the clan developing and also can make the competitive players work on it.

- They could create also competition events or if sounds better tournaments then peoples could decide to participate it for rewards. This could boost the clans because then there is more reason to be a clan member because they can work together to achieve goals. Also the lone wolf peoples could participate it in a different ranked competitions and with different goals.

All in all it is a nice idea and probably can boost the dojos, lunaro and a little bit the conclave. Also sorry for my grammar but I hope still you get what I say.

Honestly stuff like this as well more re-occouring events around PVP would be fine in my book. So long as they don't punish the casual player who dosen't like PVP and offers easy to obtain and yet interesting rewards.

There is a reason why PVP is like a ghost town in a PVE based game.

5 minutes ago, Cleopatranikea said:

The idea is nice and they need to do the following.

- Making new maps and stadiums and let peoples to go and spectate the match to simulate the crowd.

- They need to boost up the number of players up to 10 each team with the option to 3v3-5v5 or 10v10 depending on the match type.

- They need to add rewards which could motivate players to go there but not locking great rewards there just for the sake. Credits and materials and honor points could be there as reward. The honor points could work just like the standing and you can buy cosmetics with it.

- They need fix some moves and add more objectives to this mode.

- They should also implement it into the dojos too as a practice ground same with the conclave can have a parkour like room which could be created by players like how they will do the obstacle room. This could be a good addition to the clan developing and also can make the competitive players work on it.

- They could create also competition events or if sounds better tournaments then peoples could decide to participate it for rewards. This could boost the clans because then there is more reason to be a clan member because they can work together to achieve goals. Also the lone wolf peoples could participate it in a different ranked competitions and with different goals.

All in all it is a nice idea and probably can boost the dojos, lunaro and a little bit the conclave. Also sorry for my grammar but I hope still you get what I say.

Great points and 10v10 would be nice and of course they need to fix lots of things, and making rewards like credits and materials would be a great idea.

well anything to compress the VERY SMALL community together to start playing together, as they are separated across 4 game modes so making it so a rotating game mode is the one  that is the "special" game mode of the day to attract people that day is probably a good idea. Also the maps that are there for the game modes are either too small, or too big, or terribly balanced. LOTS A criticism for conclave that will fall on deaf ears as they have abandoned the mode

Edited by Darkvramp

5 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

Honestly stuff like this as well more re-occouring events around PVP would be fine in my book. So long as they don't punish the casual player who dosen't like PVP and offers easy to obtain and yet interesting rewards.

There is a reason why PVP is like a ghost town in a PVE based game.

Will since its would be clan base im sure someone in your clan likes pvp and i your clan wins you should also get the in-game prize 

This could be interesting. Given all the complaints over the holiday conclave events that housed only mere cosmetics, people will completely flip that there is real money or a trophy locked behind conclave. Personally, I think competitions are healthy for communities and think this might be a way to revive conclave and have people try it out more. If it was a clan event, I would definitely get better at Lunaro as I am pretty bad at it.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1. Fix all lag and make a dedicated server for it. DE's current 'dedicated server' setup is trash and needs a whole rework. Even if PvP is pointless except for the nice skins for your T2/T3 weapons, it deserves the same treatment as something like Halo or D2 pvp where the lag is server based and not because one host has a potato computer living in Peru or Russia.

2. 3v3 is fun enough, but to add up to 5v5 would be chaos (even better! :D ). Maybe add new maps with upper and lower areas instead of a basic flat map. We have parkour abilities to use and none are really that important to utilize on a flat playing field. Think laser tag with soccer/rocket league.

3. Clan v Clan is a good idea, but how about registering online in a bracket play as a team of 3v3 or 5v5. This eliminates the need to leave a clan to join your friends that you play Lunaro with a lot. Clan hopping is semi-rampant right now due to endo abuse from the clan level beacon rituals (I'm rich tbh, over 200k now cause of it due to friends in R9 or R8 clans). Having a clan tier bracket would be ideal as well: Ghost vs Ghost, Moon vs Moon. Granted, we'd need to nerf the tryhards and hackers out of it to keep it fair (looking at no-lifers Quasars and Dicht).

4. Prize pool would need to be something in-game. Maybe if Warframe had a solidified PvP setup it could warrant a real-life money prize like the intro trailers do for the amount of time and competition that content creators put into them. I can only see DE giving out platinum or possibly early access to new weapons or granting something like the Ignis Wraith bp to a clan (was top 10% or smth only for Pacifism).

It's a nice idea and would be cool to have an actually decent tournament thingy in the game. So far all we have is our clan's no-lifeness/cheese strats recorded in old leaderboards (removing them for Plague Star is a massive disappointment, never do it again). Having some sort of trophy available to show off in one's dojo or even a syandana/armor set exclusive to the top 3 teams/clans would be cool. Destiny gets away with having emblems show 'x amount of prestige nightfalls' or 'z amount of flawless Trials of the Nine tickets' and makes it so that people easily know that you're a badass or tryhard.

P.S:   they're*

2 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

well anything to compress the VERY SMALL community together to start playing together, as they are separated across 4 game modes so making it so a rotating game mode is the one  that is the "special" game mode of the day to attract people that day is probably a good idea. Also the maps that are there for the game modes are either too small, or too big, or terribly balanced. LOTS A criticism for conclave that will fall on deaf ears as they have abandoned the mode

we as players should tell DE that we want updates to conclave so they don't stay deaf. I just wish for them to return to conclave

3 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

1. Fix all lag and make a dedicated server for it. DE's current 'dedicated server' setup is trash and needs a whole rework. Even if PvP is pointless except for the nice skins for your T2/T3 weapons, it deserves the same treatment as something like Halo or D2 pvp where the lag is server based and not because one host has a potato computer living in Peru or Russia.

2. 3v3 is fun enough, but to add up to 5v5 would be chaos (even better! :D ). Maybe add new maps with upper and lower areas instead of a basic flat map. We have parkour abilities to use and none are really that important to utilize on a flat playing field. Think laser tag with soccer/rocket league.

3. Clan v Clan is a good idea, but how about registering online in a bracket play as a team of 3v3 or 5v5. This eliminates the need to leave a clan to join your friends that you play Lunaro with a lot. Clan hopping is semi-rampant right now due to endo abuse from the clan level beacon rituals (I'm rich tbh, over 200k now cause of it due to friends in R9 or R8 clans). Having a clan tier bracket would be ideal as well: Ghost vs Ghost, Moon vs Moon. Granted, we'd need to nerf the tryhards and hackers out of it to keep it fair (looking at no-lifers Quasars and Dicht).

4. Prize pool would need to be something in-game. Maybe if Warframe had a solidified PvP setup it could warrant a real-life money prize like the intro trailers do for the amount of time and competition that content creators put into them. I can only see DE giving out platinum or possibly early access to new weapons or granting something like the Ignis Wraith bp to a clan (was top 10% or smth only for Pacifism).

It's a nice idea and would be cool to have an actually decent tournament thingy in the game. So far all we have is our clan's no-lifeness/cheese strats recorded in old leaderboards (removing them for Plague Star is a massive disappointment, never do it again). Having some sort of trophy available to show off in one's dojo or even a syandana/armor set exclusive to the top 3 teams/clans would be cool. Destiny gets away with having emblems show 'x amount of prestige nightfalls' or 'z amount of flawless Trials of the Nine tickets' and makes it so that people easily know that you're a badass or tryhard.

P.S:   they're*

You make some important points (the first one made me laugh) now the maps with different base would be awesome but rn I just want bigger maps and ya have tema of friends would be nice but someone like me i don't have any friends that play warframe (im not lonely trust me) so the clan is my best bet. And ya clan-hopping would be a problem, so i say they should be a weapon prize a syandana and armor set would be nice tho. 

3 minutes ago, legendofcats said:

we as players should tell DE that we want updates to conclave so they don't stay deaf. I just wish for them to return to conclave

are you willing to recognize that pvp is flawed at its core with the inclusion of the warframe parkour system, that the time to kill being so long for some weapons and so short for other is very bad for balance, that without objective game modes that make us use the warframe powers the powers may as well not be in the pvp space?

Can't wait for a pvp revamp, better serv, more modes. So we can do the Tennolympic Games :clem:

Here is a copy of a .txt I have whith PVP related ideas, I should maybe make a proper thread with those

Révélation

COLLISEUM : New relay like zone with pvp/sports theme. With lunaro courts, race circuits, arcades and pvp fighting maps (graphical hub between all pvp activities, with some unique NPC and shops too+quest)

NEW :

- PVE Lunaro mode (Tournament against all factions, with a team of new brokers for all of them) + A lunaro based boss (located in the colliseum, new PVP lore friendly zone)
- PVE Infested Index-like (a new rule, new team of infested brokers, on Eris floor)
- Loot pvp mods from Index/Rathuum/LunaroPVE/InfestedPVE (equal repartition, the player would have to play all of those to loot everything)
- PVP only players can still buy those mobs to Teshin
- Removing of the PVP/PVE icon, all mods are PVP/PVE (all actual conclave or hybrid ones, not all mods of the game), but for some you can click on the Conclave icon to show the PVP stats if they're different from PVE (removing some PVP mimic mods on the go)
- More cosmetics in Teshin's shop : weapons skins, glyph/emblems, sugatra (lunaro ribbon...), ship decos (noggles, lunaro ball, props, etc)
- New daily PVP variant, with a daily roll for a medal (10k > 50k > 100k standing). When you played the daily variant once, you can roll the Orvius like roulette 1 time each day
- A bunch of new weapon augment mods for the weapons not having any of those and needing some love (since they are now all pvp/pve)
- You can now earn conclave standing with your clan/friends in a private game. Weekly and daily challenges reworked to avoid abuse and frustration (Play X lunaro, X Variants, X Ranked)
- Old challenges can now pop randomly in a PVP game, for all the players at once. The first player (or team) achieving the challenge will earn the points ("Make a slide attack kill" 1k)
- Forge PVP map editor (dojo tileset and parkour room props + dojo decos)
- Add a "lock view to the ball" key to lunaro 

NEW REGULAR MODES :

- Variant : Create or Join a custom game on a lobby menu. (Some predef variants are available, and the most played of each month become official)
> All Halo/UT/Quake classic modifiers (hp/shield/armor/speed/gravity/ammos/bighead/noabilities/nomods/noparkour/meleeonly/etc) (abilities on kill streak mode)
> Chose the base gametype : Loadout, Gun Game (create the weapon list and earn weapons with kills), Pickup (place weapons on the map, and chose a starter weapon)
> Chose if Team/FFA/Duel/etc

- Ranked : Actual classic loadout+mods PVP with a willymeter (same 30 ranks as mastery, icon showing next to the name in PVP. NOTHING MORE)

- Daily Variant : premade daily variant with roulette reward

OPERATOR PVP MODES :

- Same separation "Variant/Ranked/Lunaro/Races" than warframe based PVP
- Basic gamemode similar to Garry's Mod gamemode. One operator have the golden eyes and is the murderer, one is awakened and can shot lasers, etc. Survive without knowing who is what
- Basic deathmatch variant mode, fight with amps and void powers (can balance focus progression in variant options)
- Lunaro Quiditch thing, flying lunaro. First time operator with archwing ? (or miniwings from my other concept)

LANDING CRAFT / ARCHWING / PARKOUR RACES

- Use your gears to race against other tenno. Landing Craft races on wipeout/trackmania/mariokart hybrid circuits with laps. Archwing (with operator ?) in the air going through circle checkpoints
Parkour races with warframe on the floor going through checkpoints

ARCADE :

- Try your best for a high score on those minigames (new "colliseum" zone with arcade games. Happy Zephyr, Wyrmius and more) Some multiplayer minigames too, leaderboards included. (and possible rewards) 

LANDING CRAFT FIGHT

- variant fight for space fight with armed landing crafts
- steve conquest mode

+  / Tournament mode (same mode) / Multiathlon (several modes) / Tennolympic games with several categories each year

Edited by Xgomme

3 hours ago, legendofcats said:

But.. we don't want that.

These things, Lunaro, conclave in general.. they're dead for a reason. Because DE tried to bring PvP to a crowd of gamers that came to their game for PvE. Off course, there's countless mechanical reasons for why conclave sucks, but beyond that, and this has been expressed so many times, the reality stays that the crowd largely doesn't want it.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

4 hours ago, Cleopatranikea said:

THE biggest issue.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

heh, I actually forgot Lunaro existed till I saw this thread. I'd wager I'm not the only one.

do what you like with Lunaro, but PvP isn't my thing. I'll gladly be that guy in the crowd with a Vuvuzela annoying the crap out of everyone though..

Shame I had to throw mine away. I used that to tell my grandma lunch was ready.

I would not have problems with the pvp at all because this community in overall not a competitive playerbase and the conclave and any other pvp could work well here if they add servers. The peer to peer is not the best solution for the connectivity it is poor man's connection. I know DE is not on the situation to add so much servers but if they cannot provide what comes to make a game like warframe then doesn't develop a coop game if the connection is not okay for it.

Those ideas what you guys said are likely but it is only depend on the devs if they finally take their time and money to make an interesting pvp and pve gameplay which keeps their playerbase long enough. I personally would like to play and host my own server and play with friends. Not sure about the prices for servers but it could not be that expensive and older games also used their own servers and still thriving. For example the wow is still viable and thrive because their playerbase can keep them up.

I love how this thread spills misinformation, conclave and lunaro have had dedicated servers for over a year now. The issue with lag is client side event registration (as long as you hit the enemies on your end they will actually take damage) added to lunaro having a single ball to interact simultaneously with up to 6 different clients (creating situations where you pick the ball, crosshair changes, half a second later it's on someone elses's hands // check ball, get knocked down by it // etc). And btw, some of the dedicated servers in warframe are way better than some from other games drspite being hosted by community members.

I hope DE goes back to working on pvp since lately it hasn't been given balance changes and gunsen is not available for it.

Edited by ----Legacy----

6 hours ago, -Trey- said:

Remove Lunaro and be done with it. Investing time to develop something nobody uses was a waste of resources.

Removing something that has already been developed that does not negatively affect the game is an even bigger waste of resources.

And it's up to D.E. to decide whether or not they consider it a waste of resources.  D.E. has co-developed games from the Unreal Tournament franchise and has a history of making PvP games, so what's wrong with them to have less than 1% of their staff working on PvP related stuff?

2 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Removing something that has already been developed that does not negatively affect the game is an even bigger waste of resources.

And it's up to D.E. to decide whether or not they consider it a waste of resources.  D.E. has co-developed games from the Unreal Tournament franchise and has a history of making PvP games, so what's wrong with them to have less than 1% of their staff working on PvP related stuff?

Because that less then 1% is better spent on what the rest of the team is working on. Rather then some fruitless effort to keep throwing work at something that is never going to take off.

Edited by Artorius-Alter