Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Plasmor Change

(XBOX)Shamim1969

56 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I tested my build last night. It did just fine, even gave me plenty hedshots.

It feels like the range is smaller and you have to aim more closely to get head shots.

But this weapon is still really good.

yes the weapon can still headshot, but the damage multiplier from headshots was removed.....bodyshots and headshots damage is the same now

1 hour ago, minidelight said:

yes the weapon can still headshot, but the damage multiplier from headshots was removed.....bodyshots and headshots damage is the same now

Aha. That is a difference yes. I use a status build so I havent payed any attention to this.

15 hours ago, Madway7 said:

With update 22.10 they removed the Plasmor's access to the headahot multiplier, it can still get headshots, it just does less damage than before since it was fairly easy to get headshots with it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Welp, there goes Harrow synergy.

On 29/01/2018 at 3:57 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

1 second delay between any enemy hit should be enough knowing how clustered the enemies are normally.

Also since i see you are on ps4, can i ask you a little favor?

We currently have a debate on whenever this weapon was really bugged or not on headshots. It would be great if someone not on pc could clarify how many times this weapon hits heads if it only barely skims the head part on a mob.

Tested this yesterday and it seems hit 1 time per enemy when it barely skims their heads.

On 2018. 01. 28. at 11:33 AM, Kayll said:

@Fallen_Echo
How would I possibly even get that much multishot for the weapon to hit over 10 times off one projectile?
And that statement about hitting multiple hit points is false since this does not occur if you shoot them in the body only in/above the head.
Anyway here.
https://gfycat.com/QueasyQuarterlyBeardeddragon

@Cytobel
I have no idea why you think it shoots more than one projectile without multishot, and that it should hit a target multiple times simply cause its classifed as a "shotgun".

Okay i asked someone on ps4 to test it and it seems like the multiple 0 hits are too a bug caused by the change. So the reason to "fix" it is still unknown.

6 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Okay i asked someone on ps4 to test it and it seems like the multiple 0 hits are too a bug caused by the change. So the reason to "fix" it is still unknown.

A clip would be fantastic, just to make sure they aren't aiming in the incorrect place.

So, I haven't really been playing, just keeping an eye out on news for any nice updates and something to do. Of course the only noteworthy piece of news that I got after a couple of months of waiting is that my favourite weapon got massively nerfed.

I like the plasmor for its gameplay and aesthetics. While it's no doubt a great low level crowd killer, I only really play high level content. Its single target damage against those half a million EHP monsters was pretty lackluster. Headshots and decent crits are what saved it in this instance, along with my riven (which I paid 4000 platinum for!).

Worst of all, this nerf was apparently done because of the new Harrow augment. So, the weapon I like to use most got an undeserved blanket nerf to fix an interaction with a new augment for a frame I never play...

I'm very disappointed with how this was handled. The interaction should have been fixed instead of killing one of our most fun weapons. It could just count headshot for the first target only, or even do that for the plasmor in general. Killing the already weak single target damage of such a slow weapon was a really awful and lazy "solution".

Removing headshot damage has been done before, and it's just a bad way to handle any case. It does away with a fundamental gameplay mechanic and encourages even more mindless gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Mudfam said:

which I paid 4000 platinum for!

Who cares?

8 minutes ago, Mudfam said:

Worst of all, this nerf was apparently done because of the new Harrow augment. So, the weapon I like to use most got an undeserved blanket nerf to fix an interaction with a new augment for a frame I never play...

Still wondering where DE stated that.

22 minutes ago, Bronjun said:

I see. 

Honestly I don't even care about the plat, I have more than I need. It's a general point on feeling invested in something you like to have it abruptly swept away without warning or good reason.

I was really happy with I had going on in terms of build and even fashion, and that got just taken away from me because..? The prospect for me is to return to weapons that I find neither fun nor I like the looks of. No thanks.

42 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Who cares?

Hmm... Let's see.

You buy a car and invest countless hours in modding it, you're still not happy so you also invest your hard earned money in expensive 3rd party modding, give it a paint job and you're finally very happy with you new custom car. As you admire you pride and joy, the manufacturer shows up and says "sorry, we're removing 3 of the wheels from this model."

Who cares..?

The real question is, why should I bother doing anything in this game anymore?

It has nothing to do with platinum, it's about working hard to get something you're happy with to then have someone just take it away without any consideration. If I no longer felt motivated to invest the kind of time and effort it takes to get these things before, you can imagine now.

1 minute ago, Mudfam said:

You buy a car and invest countless hours in modding it, you're still not happy so you also invest your hard earned money in expensive 3rd party modding, give it a paint job and you're finally very happy with you new custom car. As you admire you pride and joy, the manufacturer shows up and says "sorry, we're removing 3 of the wheels from this model."

If something like that happened to someone else I wouldn't care either.
If you need a car, buy one. Adding useless stuff to it is totally on you. There is no need for that.
And it's totally on you to buy an overpriced riven. And there is no reason to bring up the price of that riven if you are talking about changes. But you brought it up. This shows us you are salty, because you spend so much plat on the riven and now the weapon it was for got changed.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

If something like that happened to someone else I wouldn't care either.

Hence we as well do not care what you think or feel about anything. Ever heard of "You reap what you saw"? You may stop talking now cause nobody cares what you wanna say. 

Nerf is not cool of course but I'll still enjoy my fav arca weapon.  I can delete the crit build I had for it I guess 😆

Also to the guy that paid 4000 plat (yikes) for the riven, don't lose faith.  It's still one of the best shotguns in the game and extremely fun to use, headshots or not.