Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

It would be nice to separate all of the mastery rank categories into more comprehensive tiers, as well as a way for it to be very clear in-game which tier each weapon is, since I bet many new players will scratch their heads over this.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Sandman4999 said:

Came to say the same thing, Pandero is a great sidearm. Much rather just have a higher MR requirement than nerfed.

I'd rather them nerf the Burst fire to have less crit damage so it isn't broken close up, and buff the Primary's accuracy so aiming right is more rewarded.

Both problems I have with the Pandero (single shot accuracy and secondary fire making primary seem meh in comparison) would be solved, but lowering the crit chance AND damage will NOT compensate for the slight damage increase. Increasing MR would be fine for its current power, but the weapon itself discourages primary fire, which is the main issue.

Love the system and buffs, but my only concern is tearing away some great weapons from people trying to get to end-game content. For instance, the opticore was my first weapon I took to end-game. It helped me keep up when I was first starting out. While I’m still not that good and far, weapons like the opticore was a crutch for me. It allowed me to barely keep up with some other players in the mission without having to be fully carried. The opticore situated where it was obtainable for new players and allowed them to farm for other end-game weapons and content. Like an entry-weapon. Sorry for ranting, continue on with your wonderful day.

7 hours ago, maj.death said:

My main weapon will forever be the Supra V. But I've got mixed feelings on those changes. Massive status and crit increase, but base damage reduced by 9.... Hmm. Guess I'll wait to see it ingame before I pass judgement.

Supra V. main as well. I think I'll be happy with the change, since I usually use a build focused on status procs per second. This balance puts that kind of build in a terrifying place. Get that entropy burst ready and have yourself a TIME. 

3 minutes ago, Vougue said:

I'd rather them nerf the Burst fire to have less crit damage so it isn't broken close up, and buff the Primary's accuracy so aiming right is more rewarded.

Both problems I have with the Pandero (single shot accuracy and secondary fire making primary seem meh in comparison) would be solved, but lowering the crit chance AND damage will NOT compensate for the slight damage increase. Increasing MR would be fine for its current power, but the weapon itself discourages primary fire, which is the main issue.

I agree that upon reading every single weapon prior I was so excited... and most after... but when I saw one of the only single side-arms being slammed this hard into the ground it really upset me. Why? Why pummel something when everything else is getting buffed for the most part- raise it's MR or wait and see if it's still "meta" when all the other weapons actually have a fighting chance. SO glad I didn't spend hundreds of plat on a riven or anything.

Can the Dex Furis receive a buff at least towards it's ammo pool please.
Dex furis has a 100 round clip fired at 20 a second
Ammo pool only holds 210
Combined with the current low damage output you can finish your ammo pool before killing a small group of level 60 enemies with mods.

These are some great changes.

However, crit stats seem undervalued in your formula for automatic weapons and overvalued in your formula for snipers, bows, and the Opticor.  All sniper rifles and bows over MR7 should be moddable to 100% crit chance with only Point Strike (at current Point Strike values, base 40% crit minimum).  Some rifles with high crit damage may need lower base crit chance if Point Strike is unchanged.

That brings me to my second point: crit mods need to be changed.  The current crit mods will be too good to leave off of most high-MR weapons.  Crit chance mods need to give their effects scaled back somewhat; taking a base 35% crit chance all the way to 100% with only Primed Pistol Gambit is particularly unbalanced.  Crit damage scaling needs to be fixed.  Currently, adding 100% crit damage turns a 2x multiplier into a 4x multiplier, which is reasonable, but with higher base crit damage, things get out of hand.  Instead of calculating crit multiplicatively, I think it should be calculated additively.  Turn a 2x crit multiplier into a 100% damage bonus.  Turn a 3x crit multiplier into a 200% damage bonus.  Then, stacking crit damage mods doesn't scale so hard. Currently, stacking Vital Sense and Bladed Rounds can give some weapons a 10.2 damage multiplier, which is then doubled on a headshot for a total of 40.8 times the damage on a critical headshot vs. a non-critical bodyshot.  Calculating crit additively would drop the crit damage to +680% and the total damage on a crit headshot to 15.6 times the damage of a non-critical bodyshot.

Lastly, what's up with Attica vs. Zhuge?  Based on their proposed mastery ranks, the Zhuge is supposed to be better, but this post has the Attica way outperforming the Zhuge, with 80 damage, 25% crit, and 3x multiplier versus the Zhuge's 100 damage, 20% crit, and 2x multiplier.  Sure, the Zhuge does have better status chance, but the Attica's damage is so much better that the Zhuge's status procs can't catch up.  Maybe give the Zhuge a 3x multiplier to give it the edge.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tiberon

Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 10

Status chance increased from 2.5% to 16%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 26%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.4x

Damage decreased from 60 to 44

Ach, finally. Look at this Riven.

9457b6eb40f097de9ff184c2cd71800c.png

I am dubious about the damage reduction, though.

Wow Fantastic changes. This will make me use a much more diverse weapon pool then ever before :D

I have to rebuild tiberon and a few other weapons just to test them out.

This is going to be fun.

Some of my most beloved weapons get fantastic changes and the way you changed the percentages it will be more distinct then before.

Also thank you thank you for the bow changes a increase in charge speed so they get to maximum draw weight faster is fantastic.

Zenith

Mastery Rank increased from 5 to 10

Status chance increased from 30 to 34%

Any chance of reverting some changes to the alt-fire? Like being able to shoot through Snowglobe (since "infinite" punchthrough), or bringing back being able to see enemies with the sonar instead of a stuttering circle that may or may not be where the head is?

Mastery Rank increased from 6 to 7

Damage increased from 30 to 33

Increased accuracy while aiming

Decreased recoil while aiming

Is three damage really enough?

Damage increased from 50 to 72

Critical chance decreased from 25% to 20%

The damage buff is amazing, but can you please leave the critical chance? It was at a perfect place that made the latron series very devided which I liked. The wraith was the crit version...

Critical damage increased from 2.8x to 3x

Nice.

Status chance increased from 15% to 30%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 18%

Critical damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x

OH BABY A TRIPLE!!!.
I love this weapon. Thanks for the awsome buffs

Status chance increased from 2.5% to 16%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 26%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.4x

Damage decreased from 60 to 44

HELL YES. But plz.... Dat damage nerf? Do you really need to nerf it that badly? Can you leave it midway? Say 50?

Mastery Rank increased from 5 to 10

Status chance increased from 30 to 34%

Seems like a massive mastery rank increase for not that big of a buff... I personally don't mind, but is the difference between 30 and 34% status really that OP?

Damage increased from 45 to 47

Critical chance increased from 7.5% to 11%

No longer requires or consumes Rifle ammo

Improved projectile trail FX

Wait.... So it has no reload now? Or does it use different ammo?

Status Chance increased from 5% to 22%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 20%

Critical damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x

Increased Projectile Speed

Damage decreased from 45 to 36

Status Chance increased from 5% to 22%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 20%

Critical Damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x

Increased projectile speed

Damage reduced from 45 to 36

HOLY HELL ....  HELL YES

Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 14

Critical chance increased from 30% to 32%

Critical damage increased from 2.5x to 2.8x

Love you all at DE :P

General Note: Reduced aimed zoom for all shotguns apart from the Astilla

Can we have variable zooms? It would kinda get rid of the use for zoom stats on rivens, but it would be really nice to alter our zoom levels to what we want....

Increased reload speed from 3 secs to 1.7 secs

*Starts hmming holy songs*

Increased projectile speed

Changed projectile life from 3 secs on launch to 1 sec after first boun

*STARTS HMMING HOLY SONGS LOUDER*

No revisitation of secondaries ammo economy? As I see now, repeaters are generally suffering, making Ammo Mutation almost mandatory, probably with this change Vipers will be fine, but what about others? In my personal opinion Dual Cestras will suffer from the increased magazine size, now they only have 3 magazines + 20 projectiles. On the other hand, it's almost impossible to consume all your ammos with semi-automatic pistols such as Vasto and Magnus 

I can't wait to see what you're planning for continuous and to short range melees. it's clear that at the moment there's no true advantage to use them over long range melee, weapons like Galatine Prime and Atterax already have everything. 

Archived