Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaulted Relics in PoE Bounties and Syndicate Packs.

Kiss.Shot.

Yknow with the release of the plains, I was worried about my computers power matching that of the graphical challenges for my computer, but with the addition of lots of graphical optimizations and options, I was able to get my graphics at a comfortable setting at a comfortable frame rate, but the big option they added was dynamic resolution, now that option you can set to automatic and have it adjust it constantly through gameplay to accompany your set max framerate. So with that, those who are worried about their graphical output on their systems, those are some amazing settings you could play with to get the best out of your system. And as far as the idea of having the relics isolated to the bounty system, I think that is a good idea being that now you get multiple rewards throughout a bounty meaning youd get as much loot as a 25 minute survival in a 5-10 min multistage mission, making these unvaulted relics much more accessible.

19 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

@[DE] Drew

Those are all nice advantages but the bounty missions themselves are much more draining then standard missions due to all the moving around. You either have to spam bullet jumps from one point to the next or you have to keep getting in and out of archwing mode because of how the anti-air weapons work. The missions themselves aren't bad but the travelling around feels very rough when you're repeating bounties for extended periods of time.

I think tweaking that aspect of the Plains would improve the flow of the bounties considerably and that would reduce the fatigue you get when engaging with that particular content.

I've personally been throwing lungfish at frustrated clanmates because they can't do the fishing thing for various reasons, and are also getting frustrated at the monotony of running between objectives.

There's only so many times I can say, "Please don't quit playing. Have some free fish!" before it starts feeling like a problem.

Quite a few people just plain dislike the gameplay of the plains as a whole (bounties, fishing, mining) and people have already suggested some great alternatives to making bounties the only way to access these unvaulted primes.

Derelict/Void is a logical and cool way to handle the vaulted primes and has plenty of space in its drop table for them. (ODD rotation B has 3 items, and 2 of them are endo)

And YES it does feel like players feedback is being completely ignored, there were posts on reddit and feedback threads on the forums about this as soon as it was mentioned on the prime time, none of which got any sort of developer feedback or acknowledgment.

Having a focused place for the unvaulted relics makes some sense, but making it be their exclusive source feels like a terrible idea. Void/Derelict missions being extra focused places for these was an idea I hadn't really thought about, but it seems like it makes sense to me.

though I can say that honestly, most of my concern is that I hate bounties and never want to go back to them.

@[DE] Drew

Did you guys forget that higher level bounties are mastery locked?

Even though I do not really agree to isolating relics exclusively to PoE bounties I can cope with it.

However, locking acquisition of a relic behind MR is kinda bad.

Plus, if you continue to go this bounties route for vaulted relics, shouldn't they always be present in rewards table?

Looks like some of the rotations miss them. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Cheers.

Edited by lookinerator

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I do love you and the rest of DE community. You take massive risks in Warframe, and a lot of those risks you’ve done is always successful. This time it isn’t. Vaulted Relics in Bounties is a cool idea on paper, but doesn’t work well in the game. A lot of the community and myself can’t run Cetus/Plains, which makes us unable to farm the relics. The only thing left to get the relics is from the syndicates, which isn’t a good idea since that is based off of RNG.

I do understand that you want to change where the relics drop from is understandable, you could make them drop from the derelict where everyone is able to access without their game crashing.

Man ive never told you how much i like your contribution to this community man thats a great idea.

As i can see you are experienceing problem in the plains ( game crash like ? )

If yeah there is a tenno who try to rally tenno to farm those relics for those unable to acces the plains.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/916923-help-our-fellow-tenno-that-cant-participate-in-poe/?tab=comments#comment-9461519

Edited by trunks013

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I do love you and the rest of DE community. You take massive risks in Warframe, and a lot of those risks you’ve done is always successful. This time it isn’t. Vaulted Relics in Bounties is a cool idea on paper, but doesn’t work well in the game. A lot of the community and myself can’t run Cetus/Plains, which makes us unable to farm the relics. The only thing left to get the relics is from the syndicates, which isn’t a good idea since that is based off of RNG.

I do understand that you want to change where the relics drop from is understandable, you could make them drop from the derelict where everyone is able to access without their game crashing.

I agree!

Edited by 0RI0N7

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Putting the vaulted Relics in Bounties is something new we're trying that changes up how vaulted items can be acquired. We'll be listening to feedback and making adjustments when appropriate just like we always do. However, from our perspective, Bounties have a few advantages:

• Bounties allow us to centralize the location of vaulted Relics for explicit vault hunting (easier for both players and us to track). 
  • Bounty rewards are fairly transparent, so they work especially well for something that is only around for a relatively limited time. 
  • Bounty rewards let us keep the broader Solar Map for what players are used to hunting the rest of the year: Relics with new Primes. 

Players will have varying opinions on where and what they'd rather play to acquire vaulted Relics (or any items for that matter), and we know we can't please everyone. You're free to disagree with me, but this is something we feel is a fun and appropriately rewarding way to acquire vaulted items while they are available for the next couple months. I encourage all players to let us know if they agree or disagree with putting vaulted Relics in Bounty rewards. If you think DE doesn't listen to the community, I'm not sure what to tell you that will change your mind. We're here listening every day, just as we always have, and we'll make changes if this plan doesn't work well.  

I'd love to hear more thoughts on this from players. 

Nah dude, we know u listen, and we understand that it may feel fun for you guys, from our persepctive its just a repetitive grind after grind, not to mention the bounites arent unique, some players cant run POE, and the biggest off all, the relics have a really hard time of dropping, ive run about 15+ tier 3 bounties, i didnt get a single relic :(

I think the main problem with relics in the bounty rewards is that there's not enough stages for lower level bounties (while at the same time having too much hot garbage packed into them). As a result, the difficulty to get each era's relic is actually inverse of what it's actually supposed to be.

Axi's the easiest relic to obtain (5 stages and very little hot garbage)

Neo's the second easiest (same amount of stages, significantly more garbage)

Meso's the second hardest (Stages dropped to 4, same amount of garbage as Neo's)

Lith's the hardest (3 stages, far too much garbage)

This is before we even add in that the final stage of bounties can no longer give us a chance at a relic

Axi - 4 possible stages

Neo - 4 possible stages

Meso - 3 possible stages

Lith - 2 possible stages

I think specialized bounties should be created for the relic rotations, that way it's overall easier to obtain them, because farming for Meso or Lith is not fun. Why's Axi so easy to obtain when Lith is so difficult to obtain?

I propose adding in randomized bounties that adopt the drop table of the Axi relics [Kuva, Eidolon Lenses, BoTE, etc] but also add in Lith, Meso, and Neo relics. It'll be a good way to circumvent the current problem and reward higher level players who actually farm the stuff.

E: And this does not mean "add the vaulted relics to the drop tables of the single highest-level bounty", this means create more high level bounties

Edited by Totterson
clarification

38 minutes ago, DonHotkey said:

Well, common rewards pool too large to reliably get relics. Whole bounty with defense and liberate submissions can last as long as 15 minutes and only rewards you with gara parts and several cetus wisps.

I ran lowest level bounty 32 times to get that stupid gara part. So tired of this BS. There needs to be a secondary system for acquiring normal warframe parts that doesn't have you endless spamming the same lousy mission. DE never seems to get this. If I have to do a mission 20 times to get a particular part, well that's about 12 too many. I feel like the actual drop rates do not match the displayed drop rates for many things. 34% chance to get Banshee Prime Systems with 4 Rad relics? Nope, 9 damn runs, plus time to farm Axi B2, ended up just buying the part instead. 

Hmm so this unvaulting is brought to you by, Konzu, the I'm never giving you the reward you want, early lunch taker, Cetus resident...

Also, by placing relics in Cetus the people will get frustrated with the ultimate endgame boss, (the door), denying them entry to the plains and said relics so that DE will have amazing profits by more purchases... Yay! for Plastic Prime, now with more purchases :)

@[DE]Drew

My man we all appreciate the intent behind placing the relics in a central location for targetted farming. Its something a lot of us have asked for and dreamed of for some time. Unfortunately the plains is definitely not the place for this to happen.

Issues with performance and some people being unable to even enter the plains aside, the bounties themselves for a lot of people simply are not fun and are the definition of bad grind. I know, running the same defense or survival for a hundred hours is a repetetive grind, but theres something about the plains bounties on repeat that just pushes the level of dissatisfaction and boredom over the top.

Part of what might be the problem, is that the plains are so new and when they were released a lot of people really overplayed the bounties, burning themselves out on the new content. Theres already been a major event with Plague Star, where people repeated the same mission thousands of times, as well as the Ghouls event which left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths regarding the lore fragments. Now with the vaulted relics being only available from there I get this impression that we're just being forced to grind out something we are already burned out on. Thats not good.

I made this suggestion in the update thread and I will repeat it here, perhaps the Void drop tables could get the vaulted relics deposited there? People would still be able to target-farm the relics from the bounties if they choose to do so, and having an alternative in the void for people who simply cant or dont want to go to Cetus would (hopefully) help with the complaints about feeling forced into bounties to obtain the freshly unvaulted loot.

Another alternative I saw suggested that made me nod approvingly was to use the vaulted relics to give some popularity to some of the underplayed areas like the Kuva Fortress. Clearly due to its level it won't have Lith or Meso relics, but it could be a decent alternative drop location for the Neo and Axi relics at least. That tileset is great (albeit a bit too much of a maze) and having a reason to go there would be great!

There seem to be 2 distinct conversations here (but both important):

1. I disapprove because performance issues.
  2. I disapprove because I don't want to run bounties.

#1 is something we're continuously working on and hope to improve. 
#2 is more subjective. I've read a few comments about feeling Plains burnout, which is understandable considering our focus lately. We are looking at some quality-of-life improvements, like lowering armored vault bounty timers

9 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

#2 is more subjective. I've read a few comments about feeling Plains burnout, which is understandable considering our focus lately. We are looking at some quality-of-life improvements, like lowering armored vault bounty timers

I hope this is a hint that you guys will put relics somewhere else too. I just want to farm :(

13 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

TBH though, the biggest issue at hand is that we need more bounty diversity as a whole, but I guess this will be implemented as Venus approaches and more resources can be shifted towards that :)

Edited by NightmareT12

16 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Lowered timers would be awesome! But I also feel like a lot of the burnout comes from all the long-distance travelling in every bounty.

It either gets tedious because you're bullet-jump-rolling in a straight line for ages, or you feel guilty when use an Archwing since you spent resources on a ~20-second trip. It's a small amount of resources, but it's still painful since you can't passively regain the materials through the Bounty alone. (Not to mention that the resource costs can definitely add up if you're using multiple Archwings per bounty.)
That's how I feel, anyways.

Could you consider a more-expensive-but-permanent Archwing launcher?

You know what would be nice? Having special bounties with different stages than the normal ones. That way, they would bring something new to the table while also offering normal and unvaulted relics. We've had the same bounty missions since PoE's release, people are tired of doing them over and over.

Edited by Stoner

31 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

If you're taking QoL suggestions for plains bounties, how about adding exterminate markers to enemies on the area control stage and allowing us to pick up another bounty after we've completed our current one without going back to cetus. 

hace 31 minutos, [DE]Drew dijo:

More variety into bounties please! Once you get used to the bounty missions they repeat over and over and over, there's room to add a lot of cool missions in the plains like sabotages on the caves, regular defence missions, excavation (real excavation, not the one on the gouls event), and lots more. With the missions being so short and having to complete 5 of them on each run, they become repetitive really fast.

36 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

I'd implore you to consider adding unvaulting relics to some of our less used but awesome tiles: the void, kuva fortress and lua. They need more playtime and attention and it gives an alternative to the plains for those burnt out or technically limited.

3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Putting the vaulted Relics in Bounties is something new we're trying that changes up how vaulted items can be acquired. We'll be listening to feedback and making adjustments when appropriate just like we always do. However, from our perspective, Bounties have a few advantages:

• Bounties allow us to centralize the location of vaulted Relics for explicit vault hunting (easier for both players and us to track). 
  • Bounty rewards are fairly transparent, so they work especially well for something that is only around for a relatively limited time. 
  • Bounty rewards let us keep the broader Solar Map for what players are used to hunting the rest of the year: Relics with new Primes. 

Players will have varying opinions on where and what they'd rather play to acquire vaulted Relics (or any items for that matter), and we know we can't please everyone. You're free to disagree with me, but this is something we feel is a fun and appropriately rewarding way to acquire vaulted items while they are available for the next couple months. I encourage all players to let us know if they agree or disagree with putting vaulted Relics in Bounty rewards. If you think DE doesn't listen to the community, I'm not sure what to tell you that will change your mind. We're here listening every day, just as we always have, and we'll make changes if this plan doesn't work well.  

I'd love to hear more thoughts on this from players. 

I've seen the polls on this so I know that I am in the very, VERY, tiny minority that hates PoE, but making that the only place you can get these is something that I'm not happy about.

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Its like there is more than 2 general problems with this :awe: