Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaulted Relics in PoE Bounties and Syndicate Packs.

Kiss.Shot.

If what I read is true. The unvaulted relics coming out today will only be available in PoE bounties and relic packs from Syndicate. First of all PoE is still hard to run for some people that still use older pc's. Second, There is still a memory leak going on with game as well as issues with the recent patch in general making the game struggle for me regardless of my well built PC. You are prioritizing the hardest thing to run at the moment for relics when you could easily just add them to the rotation on intercept/defense etc. If this is your only way of getting people to play PoE then that is why PoE was one of the biggest flops. Listen to your community! There are complaints about this. It wont always be on the forums which is the worst part. 

Edited by Kiss.Shot.

2 minutes ago, DarkKnyte said:

Didn't you know? According to @Server There is only on one way you're supposed to play warframe; DE's way. They want you to stay in between the lines at all costs. Who needs options for play style, amirite?

Community: We don't want this!

DE: I think they want this? Yeah, they want this.

Putting the vaulted Relics in Bounties is something new we're trying that changes up how vaulted items can be acquired. We'll be listening to feedback and making adjustments when appropriate just like we always do. However, from our perspective, Bounties have a few advantages:

• Bounties allow us to centralize the location of vaulted Relics for explicit vault hunting (easier for both players and us to track). 
  • Bounty rewards are fairly transparent, so they work especially well for something that is only around for a relatively limited time. 
  • Bounty rewards let us keep the broader Solar Map for what players are used to hunting the rest of the year: Relics with new Primes. 

Players will have varying opinions on where and what they'd rather play to acquire vaulted Relics (or any items for that matter), and we know we can't please everyone. You're free to disagree with me, but this is something we feel is a fun and appropriately rewarding way to acquire vaulted items while they are available for the next couple months. I encourage all players to let us know if they agree or disagree with putting vaulted Relics in Bounty rewards. If you think DE doesn't listen to the community, I'm not sure what to tell you that will change your mind. We're here listening every day, just as we always have, and we'll make changes if this plan doesn't work well.  

I'd love to hear more thoughts on this from players. 

10 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Putting the vaulted Relics in Bounties is something new we're trying that changes up how vaulted items can be acquired. We'll be listening to feedback and making adjustments when appropriate just like we always do. However, from our perspective, Bounties have a few advantages:

• Bounties allow us to centralize the location of vaulted Relics for explicit vault hunting (easier for both players and us to track). 
  • Bounty rewards are fairly transparent, so they work especially well for something that is only around for a relatively limited time. 
  • Bounty rewards let us keep the broader Solar Map for what players are used to hunting the rest of the year: Relics with new Primes. 

Players will have varying opinions on where and what they'd rather play to acquire vaulted Relics (or any items for that matter), and we know we can't please everyone. You're free to disagree with me, but this is something we feel is a fun and appropriately rewarding way to acquire vaulted items while they are available for the next couple months. I encourage all players to let us know if they agree or disagree with putting vaulted Relics in Bounty rewards. If you think DE doesn't listen to the community, I'm not sure what to tell you that will change your mind. We're here listening every day, just as we always have, and we'll make changes if this plan doesn't work well.  

I do love you and the rest of DE community. You take massive risks in Warframe, and a lot of those risks you’ve done is always successful. This time it isn’t. Vaulted Relics in Bounties is a cool idea on paper, but doesn’t work well in the game. A lot of the community and myself can’t run Cetus/Plains, which makes us unable to farm the relics. The only thing left to get the relics is from the syndicates, which isn’t a good idea since that is based off of RNG.

I do understand that you want to change where the relics drop from is understandable, you could make them drop from the derelict where everyone is able to access without their game crashing.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

2 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I do love you and the rest of DE community. You take massive risks in Warframe, and a lot of those risks you’ve done is always successful. This time it isn’t. Vaulted Relics in Bounties is a cool idea on paper, but doesn’t work well in the game. A lot of the community and myself can’t run Cetus/Plains, which makes us unable to farm the relics. The only thing left to get the relics is from the syndicates, which isn’t a good idea since that is based off of RNG.

I do understand that you want to change where the relics drop from is understandable, you could make them drop from the derelict.

So have you been unable to acquire any of the cool Bounty rewards? :scared:

6 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

I personally love this idea, although I'm not in need of any of the vaulted items anymore. In my opinion this separates the two categories nicely and doesn't overflow the normal starchart with more relics.

@[DE] Drew

Those are all nice advantages but the bounty missions themselves are much more draining then standard missions due to all the moving around. You either have to spam bullet jumps from one point to the next or you have to keep getting in and out of archwing mode because of how the anti-air weapons work. The missions themselves aren't bad but the travelling around feels very rough when you're repeating bounties for extended periods of time.

I think tweaking that aspect of the Plains would improve the flow of the bounties considerably and that would reduce the fatigue you get when engaging with that particular content.

I think an unspoken issue here is that many of us might be awfully bounty-saturated. Two ghoul events already, crushing grinding for materials/standing/operator stuff, etc.. I mean, It's not like other starchart missions aren't rote "rinse-and-repeat" but we've been beat over the head with Cetus bounties for quite a while now.

You usually won't get decent affinity or non-Plains stuff from them most of the time, so we're really stuck there with the sole hope that the relic will show up in every reward so we can be done with it faster. I (like many I assume) have maxed my Ostron standing and at least made it far enough in the quills to gild an amp and now I'm like, "please no more for a while."

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I think the core problem is that a lot of the community are suffering from burnout in relation to the Plains as the last two events have both been located there. This was made exceptionally bad because of the initial state of the ghoul lore, which led a lot of players to run the bounties to the point of destruction to get everything.

Six months from now, it would be a nice change and a reason to come back to the Plains, but right now it's frustrating to keep being forced back into the newest content, after many players will have already exhausted all the content it holds and want to do something else.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Drew if I may, knowing that most warframe players have a mid end pc, We have to wait literaly 5 mins to load the plains, do the bounties for a CHANCE and wait 5 more minutes.

With the old way, i wouldn't lag, i could actually play the game w/o lagging every 5 steps and actually have fun

Use the void or the derelict, since neither have seen use for obvious reasons.
My suggestion is the void since it makes more sense. but the derelict could contain them too

Edited by An8rchy
added suggestion

16 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

I believe many people with aging hardware or poor internet have much more difficulty with plains. It's well optimized but there are limits. 

As syndicate rep is capped per day that's a serious handicap on people with weaker computers/internet. 

29 минут назад, [DE]Drew сказал:

Well, common rewards pool too large to reliably get relics. Whole bounty with defense and liberate submissions can last as long as 15 minutes and only rewards you with gara parts and several cetus wisps.

I believe not adding it into the normal rotations it's a great idea. I can focus if i want more Mirage Relics or Loki Relics. Never mix them up.

Still, i don't think that PoE should be the only place to get them, since many people are struggling loading or even playing the Plains right now. 

Perhaps these relics could be exclusive of the Endless Void survivals? or Derelict? i think that might be fitting. 

Just now, Arandabido said:

I believe not adding it into the normal rotations it's a great idea. I can focus if i want more Mirage Relics or Loki Relics. Never mix them up.

Still, i don't think that PoE should be the only place to get them, since many people are struggling loading or even playing the Plains right now. 

Perhaps these relics could be exclusive of the Endless Void survivals? or Derelict? i think that might be fitting. 

This! Like a 100% this. Make the Void maps and Derelict missions fun and useful again! They literally took away all their functionality for most end game content.

39 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

• As mentioned by me and others already, DE has been hammering Cetus and the plains now for a good long time; we're burning out. I get it -- you're proud of the Plains, and should be. It's a major deviation from the norm, and fairly well done in many ways. 
  • For those who responded to that pressure to play it by grinding bounties and standing and plains resources and getting most everything they need/want from the plains already, the only thing we're there for is the relic and if it doesn't drop, we've wasted our time completely. 
  • It's another "you will do this, or miss out" kind of situation. But in this case, unlike say the Acolyte visits, there was already an existing alternate mission system we expected to be able to use for the particular rewards (e.g., Starchart missions that reward relics). You could have put the eternally unvaulted relics over in the plains, instead. 
  • Remember that to you they're not new primes. To me, who never owned a prime Ember or Loki, or has even seen a Bo Prime part in the wild? They're as new as Mirage, or Banshee, or anyone. 
Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Hey @[DE]Drew, I was wondering if instead of only having them in Bounties you could come up with special "fissures" or something throughout the starmap that had an increased in addition to Bounties.

That would solve the issue for those that for one reason or another want to avoid the plains and also give you something else to do while it's being farmed. And since fissures behave kind of like alerts, it would leave most of the starmap clean to farm the other relics too. Not sure how tracking would work though.

Not expecting to see something changing until the next set of unvaults, but it's something I'd like to propose :D

I'm all for the vaulted relics being farmable from the Bounties, and I can understand why this has been implemented. I'm only slightly concerned that even though the Plains of Eidolon are very streamlined and able to run on many toasters with ease (considering you have at least 4 GB of RAM), bounties are prone to bug out at times.

There is a small subset of players that sadly won't be able to farm any of these vaulted relics, without just spending syndicate standing or buying Relic packs from the market. This is a new thing you guys are trying out, and I'm sympathetic as to why you chose to do this. There are so many new Primes that players are trying to farm for in normal missions across the starchart, that it'd almost be harmful to release old primes that many players already have directly into the same missions. I can understand the reasoning, and I totally agree.

However, I'll have to play more bounties myself for a little while just to see if some of these problems are more prominent now than they were a few updates ago. Bounties may be super repetitive, but at least they offer you multiple chances at the rewards you want compared to other mission types like Survival, or Defense. And at a pretty high rate, depending on how the stages play out.

11 minutes ago, Teksorbkyva said:

Perhaps a good midway point is to keep them in Bounties, but also put them on a starchart node. Consensus on this forum shows the Void would be a great place to start~

I pretty much agree with this. It'd be nice to see the vaulted Relics added to some of the missions in the Void. As not many players go here to farm for general items (other than Argon Crystals) anymore. However, if they didn't drop on more than at least 2 rotations (AA, and BC for other stuff), bounties would still reign supreme for the time spent/rewards given.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy